PDA

View Full Version : Removing Window Tints

Core XK
08-19-2012, 11:38 AM
So I decided I no longer want my front windshield tint; however, I don't know where to start when attempting to remove it? I have heard of people putting a steamer to it to release the glue

Anyone have experience with this?

Sal-XK
08-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Go park in a bad neighborhood and wait till someone smashes your windows then have the insurance company give you new ones hahahahahahah :D

Core XK
08-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Go park in a bad neighborhood and wait till someone smashes your windows then have the insurance company give you new ones hahahahahahah :D

lol This seems totally worth it!

Core XK
08-19-2012, 12:18 PM
What a waste of a thread :mad:

Read online a lot of people actually took their cars to tint places for removal?...

I just went outside and put the heat on for about 5 minutes and peeled the whole tint off :O

07JeepXK
08-19-2012, 12:24 PM
I think you XK will look better without the tint on the front windows!

Core XK
08-19-2012, 12:38 PM
I think you XK will look better without the tint on the front windows!

I just removed it from the front windshield. I am leaving it on the drivers window/passengers

It came off nicely and definitely looks better then that curvey ugly tint. However, now all of the glue is stuck on the inside and seems like a pita to remove

Sal-XK
08-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Some goof off will take care of that glue or decal remover from the auto store would work good as well.

Core XK
08-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Some goof off will take care of that glue or decal remover from the auto store would work good as well.

I was headed there in a bit for some cleaning stuff so I will try and grab some, thanks.

07JeepXK
08-19-2012, 01:18 PM
I just removed it from the front windshield. I am leaving it on the drivers window/passengers

It came off nicely and definitely looks better then that curvey ugly tint. However, now all of the glue is stuck on the inside and seems like a pita to remove

Whoops that was supposed to say front windshield. Not front windows!

Core XK
08-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Whoops that was supposed to say front windshield. Not front windows!

lol I figured since you have 20% as well

Autozone had no goofoff so I will try pepboys tomorrow. I don't see WD40 working. I tried to put the heat on it and scrape it but it is pretty good glue lol

NeilSmith
08-19-2012, 02:26 PM
are you married ? if so, you probably have some nail polish remover in the house. if youre not married, you may still have some nail polish remover but thats on you. LOL ! Try it before you go out to buy something else.

07JeepXK
08-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Did you have that put on or was it already on?

Core XK
08-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Did you have that put on or was it already on?

I had it put on but I had an idea of it looking much better....but I hated it now so I am glad it is off.

I am engaged lol Nail polish remover eh? I will give it a shot....any suggestions on an application/wipe process? I know this sounds weird but this glue is no joke lol

Sal-XK
08-19-2012, 04:44 PM
I had it put on but I had an idea of it looking much better....but I hated it now so I am glad it is off.

I am engaged lol Nail polish remover eh? I will give it a shot....any suggestions on an application/wipe process? I know this sounds weird but this glue is no joke lol

careful bro using up your women's nail polish remover is like us catching them unclogging the sink with our good screw driver LOL When they go to get it and its all gone trust me man you better already be running hahahahah

Core XK
08-23-2012, 12:34 PM
careful bro using up your women's nail polish
remover is like us catching them unclogging the sink with our good screw driver LOL When they go to get it and its all gone trust me man you better already be running hahahahah

LMAO!!!

Before I even read your response I went to target and bought a small bottle of nail polish remover due to those reasons of her flipping!

The np remover worked instantly also