PDA

View Full Version : Powertrax No-Slip Locker

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 07:45 AM
Well it sounds like the selling of my XK to my brother got pushed back or might not even happen now (he wasn't able to produce the cash like he said he was going to). So until he comes up with the money or I find the perfect Hemi XK and trade mine in for, i'll continue to build the current XK. I was doing a lot of thinking when I was replacing my bent diff cover last week after the Rausch Creek trip. I had a Ford Ranger that I installed a Powertrax no-slip lock in the rear and it was amazing...and cheap! Powertrax lists a No-slip locker for the Commander with 29 spline axle shafts. Very easy install which I can do in about 2 hours. I'm going to order one at the end of next week and be the guniea pig on the install in a Commander (I believe no one has one installed at this time or even tried). If it doesnt work with our rear axles for some reason, ill just sell it on craigslist or ebay and lose a few $$. No big deal. What are your thoughts? Oh and keep your eye out for a mint steel blue metallic hemi XK!!!!

hoaxci5
08-22-2012, 07:50 AM
I've got a red one I'll sell you. I think I'm going to switch over to a diesel and trail only rig.

Good luck on the locker though, I'm sure a lot of guys would follow in your footsteps if it works out.

Core XK
08-22-2012, 07:53 AM
I've got a red one I'll sell you. I think I'm going to switch over to a diesel and trail only rig.

Good luck on the locker though, I'm sure a lot of guys would follow in your footsteps if it works out.

Sad to hear it didn't go through as planned but it all happens for one reason or another. I will keep an eye out for commanders online as I have an addiction of looking at them anyway....

I would definitely be interested in that locker down the road if it works well :P

06JeepXKHEMI
08-22-2012, 07:58 AM
Damn that sucks!! Sounds like you have a good plan here tho and if its cheap enough why not, you already have your XK built pretty nicely, getting lockers and fixing tcase and you'll be much better off than you are now

Core XK
08-22-2012, 08:05 AM
http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Jeep-Commander-d849#resultsPage=2

Not sure if this link will work for you but I can't view the images in work lol

Matt
08-22-2012, 08:29 AM
I had the powertrax lock-right in my explorer. That thing was amazing off-road but chattered like hell around turns lol.

Easy install for sure. But they're $450+ now? I remember paying $300ish for mine. At almost the $500 mark I'd probably look for a full carrier. Isn't there an ARB that works?

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 08:33 AM
Yeah I should have known when my brother said he would give me cash. Oh well, like you said I have a nice rig built already. With a new/use tcase and rear locker I'll be back in the game. If the locker does fit/work for out axles I should only lose out on a little money. It's worth the try.

Core XK
08-22-2012, 08:36 AM
Yeah I should have know when my brother said he would give me cash. Oh well, like you said I have a nice rig built already. With a new/use tcase and rear locker I'll be back in the game. If the locker does fit/work for out axles I should only lose out on a little money. It's worth the try.

I agree and you have done a lot to your XK so far and its a beast ;p

06JeepXKHEMI
08-22-2012, 08:44 AM
We could always do that Cummins diesel inline 6 swap, RCVs, front/rear lockers and SFA to this one!?!?!

Wouldnt need RCVs for SFA, my bad

Sal-XK
08-22-2012, 09:13 AM
ARB does make a locker and a few others as well but there pricey. 4.7 has left over HP on the trail so it's the QD that's the appeal IMO I'd take a 4.7 with lockers over the hemi with QD but that's just me I guess.

Matt
08-22-2012, 09:19 AM
I don't know Sal.... I don't see any "benefit" of 4.7+lockers over 5.7+QDII. While the 4.7 is strong and lockers will make it more capable, it still wont be any stronger or more capable than the 5.7/QDII combo. I think you're a bit attached to the 4.7 of yours. ;)

Sal-XK
08-22-2012, 09:24 AM
It's probably because I drive slow on the street and trail so the extra HP from the hemi is wasted on me. The QD of course in 4LO is locked up but you loose control with these systems and it's a complicated system as well. The simple open diff with lockers is dependable and cheap to fix. Now if I played in the mud like some of you then yes I would want that hemi as well for sure.

06JeepXKHEMI
08-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Adam took me wheeling for the first time and yes he likes to wheel in the mud!! I do see your point but Id still want the HEMI w/ QDII Id never go another route, guess Im as attached to it as you are to yours

Matt
08-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Or towing or driving in the mountains (long steep grades).....

95% when I'm off-road I'm not in 4-low. The QDII system is very predictable, normally I never even know it locked up even while going up climbs with the tires coming off the ground. It works so well its like being locked 100% of the time.

I only use 4-low for steep climbs that I want to take slow.... gear reduction for better throttle control and reduced drivetrain load.

Sal-XK
08-22-2012, 09:52 AM
If I had the chance to go back I would grab a QD for sure and save the money it will cost just get the qt locked up. But at this point it's not worth it obviously and if your wheeling in 4hi you need to find bigger stuff to crawl over bro :p LOL

Matt
08-22-2012, 09:53 AM
I guess the Hemi can handle 4-hi whereas the 4.7 will struggle. ;)

Sal-XK
08-22-2012, 09:59 AM
I guess the Hemi can handle 4-hi whereas the 4.7 will struggle. ;)

Nice try bro but don't forget I wheel with plenty of hemi xks so you cant pull that one on me.

Matt
08-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Lol you also wheel with plenty of 3.7L QT1 rigs so if they can handle it you shouldn't "need" 4-low. :p

Sal-XK
08-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Lol you also wheel with plenty of 3.7L QT1 rigs so if they can handle it you shouldn't "need" 4-low. :p

Hahaha you know they can't take the same lines I do bro! Stop trying to cover up you play on the bunny trails hahaha :p

Matt
08-22-2012, 10:11 AM
LMAO

Matt
08-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Matt Vs Sal at Rausch..... Fall 2012!

Core XK
08-22-2012, 10:15 AM
Matt Vs Sal at Rausch..... Fall 2012!

LOL

thance
08-22-2012, 10:40 AM
A powertrax noslip has been on my wishlist for quite a while. I would think it would be comparable to qdii to the point of indistinguishable. Main difference is mechanical vs electronic and true locking vs clutchpacks. I would think there would be less to go wrong and easier to fix.

Only thing missing is a front locker, but with the break traction control i doubt you'll miss it. I also doubt qdii engages the front lsd/locker often in real use.

Static
08-22-2012, 10:47 AM
I know that Lifted Up had an ausie locker in his before he sold it, so its been done. From what I read he really liked it. I've been thinking of getting one myself.

Core XK
08-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Now I am definitely no where near as knowledgable on these 4wd systems as you guys are but after reading this thread as well as many others involving QTII and QDII; is there actually a trail and/or an obstacle on a trail that QDII can get through that QTII cannot? or does QDII just make it easier? It's hard to think QTII can't get to a level of offroading QDII can but I could be wrong

The reason I ask is because it seems many people want the QDII without questions. I am a newb to wheeling so I just simply do not know and would like too ;p

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 10:56 AM
I had the powertrax lock-right in my explorer. That thing was amazing off-road but chattered like hell around turns lol.

Easy install for sure. But they're $450+ now? I remember paying $300ish for mine. At almost the $500 mark I'd probably look for a full carrier. Isn't there an ARB that works?

There is a difference between the Lock right and the No-Slip. I had the No-slip in my Ranger and it never made a sound....EVER! You wouldnt even know it was in there unless I told you. Or when you seen how much more capable it was off road, especially in two wheel drive with both wheels locked. I wanted an ARB, but then thought long and hard about it. Its close to $900 shipped to your door, then you need to install a compressor and all the lines. Not to mention tearing apart the entire rear end to install it. Thats a job that would take a weekend to do. I can do the No-slip in 2 hours or less. Also with the no slip you dont have to worry about if its actually going to work when you hit the button like you would with an ARB. ARB are known to have air leaks on the trail and lose locking capability.

stites-xk
08-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Now I am definitely no where near as knowledgable on these 4wd systems as you guys are but after reading this thread as well as many others involving QTII and QDII; is there actually a trail and/or an obstacle on a trail that QDII can get through that QTII cannot? or does QDII just make it easier? It's hard to think QTII can't get to a level of offroading QDII can.

The reason I ask is because it seems many people want the QDII without questions. I am a newb to wheeling so I just simply do not know and would like too ;p

I'm not quite sure, but i do know that i have the QTII system and i go places that a lifted Rubicon will just takes a little more patients. I think a locker in the rear would be perfect.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Now I am definitely no where near as knowledgable on these 4wd systems as you guys are but after reading this thread as well as many others involving QTII and QDII; is there actually a trail and/or an obstacle on a trail that QDII can get through that QTII cannot? or does QDII just make it easier? It's hard to think QTII can't get to a level of offroading QDII can but I could be wrong

If your transfer case is working properly (cough, cough) a Commander with QT II will go down any trail that a QD II Commander will go down if they both have the same amount of lift and same tire brand. The QD II will just make it a little easier. If I recally correctly, I think I showed the QD II boys on that blue/black trail how capable the QT II is. Hell, I think I made it down the trail easier then they did. lol

Core XK
08-22-2012, 11:04 AM
If your transfer case is working properly (cough, cough) a Commander with QT II will go down any trail that a QD II Commander will go down if they both have the same amount of lift and same tire brand. The QD II will just make it a little easier. If I recally correctly, I think I showed the QD II boys on that blue/black trail how capable the QT II is. Hell, I think I made it down the trail easier then they did. lol

lol Yeah you definitely proved the QTII even without a properly working TC. I just wanted to clarify. I suppose QTII w/ HEMI would be even better for all situations?

I would never get rid of my XK JUST for QDII but I also do not wheel as much as you guys........YET.

06JeepXKHEMI
08-22-2012, 11:11 AM
I would have to agree to a certain point, as we saw at Whispering Pines, the QDII made it easier to get thru the same things your QTII did even less lift and A/T tires.. I also would say we dont really have much to say in comparison of whether the QTII cant do what QDII can cause we are limited to lift, tire clearance and lack of trails that we could really see both pushed to its limits or we just havent hit them yet... Id like to see a comparison done of some tough trails out west where the QDII is pushed hard and see if the QTII could keep up...

Static
08-22-2012, 11:15 AM
With QTII you notice slipage before you regain traction, which usualy results in a bunch of dirt being kicked up. With QDII or a locker you would just continue crawling without any slipping at all.
Heres an example, kinda far from the camera, but you can see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQbEXDlBU70

06JeepXKHEMI
08-22-2012, 11:19 AM
I see your point but QDII especially with the HEMI wouldnt even breathe hard getting up that

Static
08-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Heres one more. I have to get used to the slipping a little more, if I would have stayed on the gas I would have continued to climb, but I tend to hit the break when I feel slipping for some reason in these videos. I've gotten over that a little more since I've gotten more used to my jeep.
On both of these obstacles only locked Jeeps made it up, open/open wranglers that were with me could not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPLzkUw9y6I

06JeepXKHEMI
08-22-2012, 11:21 AM
Great videos by the way!!!

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 11:23 AM
I would have to agree to a certain point, as we saw at Whispering Pines, the QDII made it easier to get thru the same things your QTII did even less lift and A/T tires.. I also would say we dont really have much to say in comparison of whether the QTII cant do what QDII can cause we are limited to lift, tire clearance and lack of trails that we could really see both pushed to its limits or we just havent hit them yet... Id like to see a comparison done of some tough trails out west where the QDII is pushed hard and see if the QTII could keep up...

We might see things a little differently, but i kind of thought my XK handled a little better in the mud at whispering pines then yours did, mostly due to the tires though. You have all terrains and I have mud terrains. But keep in mind, both trips I was taking it extremely easy with the XK due to my transfer case issue. There were a few times you almost got stuck that I walked right through. And that Is why I love my MT/R's!!!

06JeepXKHEMI
08-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Dont get me wrong you werent struggling at all and have alot more experience than I do, but you even said on that a few spots the QDII did everything with out a problem, it was my tires that was holding me back, hell they turned to drag radials in the mud!!

06JeepXKHEMI
08-22-2012, 11:28 AM
There was a hill climb, not the one my dad murdered but another one where you went up got out and watched me coming up and said damn QDII didnt even struggle up that with A/T tires, thats what I was referring to..

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Dont get me wrong you werent struggling at all and have alot more experience than I do, but you even said on that a few spots the QDII did everything with out a problem, it was my tires that was holding me back, hell they turned to drag radials in the mud!!

There was a hill climb, not the one my dad murdered but another one where you went up got out and watched me coming up and said damn QDII didnt even struggle up that with A/T tires, thats what I was referring to..

Yeah your tires werent the best in the mud that day. But no worries, I see you running Mud Tires next time around!!!

As far as the hill climb your right. The QD II doesnt even struggle because it just goes to full lock. But the QT II will still make it up the same hill just with a little more patience and tire spinning.

Matt
08-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Yeah not to take away.... the QTII is a great system that can go almost anywhere.

I think one of the few areas that QDII will shine is steep slippery climbs where you don't want to slow momentum. Watching vids the main difference is you see the QTII videos slow down and even come to a complete stop before starting up again.

Other than that, its just more predictable when you're in a technical area with low traction. Its not really THAT much of a disadvantage. Throw a rear locker in and it'll be almost discernible

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 11:35 AM
I know that Lifted Up had an ausie locker in his before he sold it, so its been done. From what I read he really liked it. I've been thinking of getting one myself.

ok back on topic! lol so us QT II guys can make our vehicles so much more capable by adding a rear locker. If Lifted Up had an ausie locker and it worked without any issues then there is no reason a no-slip wouldnt work. Do you know if Lifted Up was 4x4 or 2wd and what engine he had? The reason I ask is because if he had a hemi 2wd then he most likely had the rear dana 44 axle. If so then we are back to square one with the 8.25's and not knowing if it will work till I try it. Also Im not to familiar with the aussie locker but are they quiet like the no-slip or do the make the loud racheting noise like the lock right?

06JeepXKHEMI
08-22-2012, 11:36 AM
What Im looking forward to is winter wheeling!!! Trying to squeeze my budget to get those M/Tr's but 1k is a bit steep right now

Core XK
08-22-2012, 11:44 AM
Yeah I think everyone will have a different opinion based off what they drive or their experiences. Based off the reading I have done on these forums it definitely seems QDII is the most superior jeep 4x4 system; however, I am 150% fine with QTII Hemi....I found the "slippage" quite fun and challenging :P it seems as long as you get more experienced with the QTII and learn the system then you can get through anything that QDII will (Same XK setup as mentioned)

Core XK
08-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Sorry for taking it off topic lol.....proceed!

Static
08-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Here is Lifted_Up's post on it on JF
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/aussie-locker-wk-8-25-rear-1246750/
He ended up breaking one, but when he got a replacement he had no issues with it, and ended up trading in his jeep.

AJeepZJ
08-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Jeremy's WK was a 4.7L QTII

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 12:33 PM
I will have a rear lunchbox locker installed before the next Rausch Creek trip! I cant wait. Just read up on Lifted Up's thread. Hmmm aussie locker or no-slip! I think I'll be different and go with the no-slip. Cant wait until payday next week!!! My XK is going to be sick!!!!!

Matt
08-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Ah Its been a while since we had a good QTII/QDII debate. They're always enjoyable.

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 06:12 PM
Ah Its been a while since we had a good QTII/QDII debate. They're always enjoyable.

Yea, we will see if your XK can keep up with mine next trip to rausch creek. lol I know of a few trails my XK will make it through and your QD II wont..haha

BTW: Transfer case and rear locker will be in prior to the next rausch creek trip.

Matt
08-22-2012, 06:15 PM
As long as it doesnt involve the snorkel, I'm up to the challenge! The extra bit of ground clearance you have from the tires just means a bit of extra work for my skids lol

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 06:18 PM
As long as it doesnt involve the snorkel, I'm up to the challenge! The extra bit of ground clearance you have from the tires just means a bit of extra work for my skids lol

Damn you catch on quick. Was going to take you for a swim through lake christy!

Matt
08-22-2012, 06:20 PM
lol thats exactly where I thought you were going with that!

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 06:25 PM
lol thats exactly where I thought you were going with that!

We can keep it fair since you dont have a snorkel. Therefore I challenge you to snakebite!!! Proceeded by Sunken Treasure and Roxy's Way!!

Matt
08-22-2012, 06:27 PM
We can keep it fair since you dont have a snorkel. Therefore I challenge you to snakebite!!! Proceeded by Sunken Treasure and Roxy's Way!!

Snakebite looked fun! Don't remember what the other two look like but why not.... we need Sal too

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Snakebite looked fun! Don't remember what the other two look like but why not.... we need Sal too

Snakebite is fun. Never did the other two but better late then never! They are all located right by eachother over by lake christy. Sal better come this time.

Matt
08-22-2012, 06:49 PM
We need to set a date. Will have to let Sal pick a weekend in Oct. If he picks it, he cant bail! ;)

06JeepXKHEMI
08-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Since Ill be full skids with diff I have every intention of hitting harder trails Ill just cheat and follow Matts line..

Matt
08-22-2012, 07:04 PM
That would be cool.... Matt & Andrew Vs. Sal & Adam. It'll be a great Hemi QDII vs. 4.7 QTII showdown (though Andrew i'll warn ya now, as you're probably aware we will be at a disadvantage just due to the fact that Sal & Adam are both on the verge of being clinically insane! lol)

And Corey will have to get his skids on so he can be the tie-breaker with the Hemi QTII :p

06JeepXKHEMI
08-22-2012, 07:11 PM
HAAHA yea I know they are insane so I guess we are worse for agreeing to a challenge.. All I ask is we wheel on a Saturday, I wont miss STEELER football hahaha Im dedicated

Matt
08-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Since Sal would be making a long trip, I can see us wheeling both Saturday & Sunday... and I'm sure Tim would want to wheel Sunday as well. So yeah- i'll do both days. I'll have my new front suspension in by then too. See if I can tear up those KJ bushings in one weekend! lol

T1RKaZz
08-22-2012, 07:15 PM
What are your guys view on a locker in a QT1

*edit*if I could buy a QTll I would but I'm stuck with what I got for the time being. Just wanna make it a little more capable out here in the desert.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 07:17 PM
That would be cool.... Matt & Andrew Vs. Sal & Adam. It'll be a great Hemi QDII vs. 4.7 QTII showdown (though Andrew i'll warn ya now, as you're probably aware we will be at a disadvantage just due to the fact that Sal & Adam are both on the verge of being clinically insane! lol)

And Corey will have to get his skids on so he can be the tie-breaker with the Hemi QTII :p

Sal and Adam 1 - Matt and Andrew 0
4.7 Liter & 33's FTW!!!!

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 07:18 PM

Do it! I'll make a nice write up for you when I install mine in a few weeks...

Matt
08-22-2012, 07:19 PM
4.7 Liter & 33's FTW!!!!

Matt & Andrew 1 - Sal and Adam 0

Both Hemi XK's have functional t-cases FTW!!!!

Matt
08-22-2012, 07:21 PM

The benefit would be night/day, especially since the QT1 tcase does not have the ability to lock up.

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 07:22 PM
Matt & Andrew 1 - Sal and Adam 0

Both Hemi XK's have functional t-cases FTW!!!!

Read a few posts back. New transfer case is going in the first week of September (prior to RC). But I forgot to mention. Along with the rear locker thats going in at the same time is a QD II front diff with full lock capabilitly with the flip of a switch. So I think I had it right the first time. GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!

Matt
08-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Read a few posts back. New transfer case is going in the first week of September (prior to RC). But I forgot to mention. Along with the rear locker thats going in at the same time is a QD II front diff with full lock capabilitly with the flip of a switch. So I think I had it right the first time. GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!!

And you're assuming I wont have 33s by October? :p

T1RKaZz
08-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Do it! I'll make a nice write up for you when I install mine in a few weeks...

That would be awesome!!

06JeepXKHEMI
08-22-2012, 07:25 PM
This is going to be a fun trip!! Im the lucky one that lives close enough to literally watch this build happen, which I will be.. Fortunately I get to sit back and enjoy my QDII while he builds his own version of it

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 07:28 PM
And you're assuming I wont have 33s by October? :p

I call BS. You Hemi QD II guys are to scared to take the angle grinder and jigsaw to those pretty rigs. haha plus your tires have plenty of tread, so I dont see you buying new tires for an extra 1/4-1/2 clearance underneath.

06JeepXKHEMI
08-22-2012, 07:30 PM
whoa whoa whoa now our rigs are "pretty" cause we have more options?!?! take it easy killer, I wouldnt take a jigsaw to a base model thats just me..

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 07:35 PM
whoa whoa whoa now our rigs are "pretty" cause we have more options?!?! take it easy killer, I wouldnt take a jigsaw to a base model thats just me..

Pretty as in well kept, and I was just messing with you guys! Nothing to do with more options....

Matt
08-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Just for that, I'll have to have my bumper "sal'd" before Rausch. Maybe i'll take my doors off too LMAO

06JeepXKHEMI
08-22-2012, 07:38 PM
hahaha I know I may do the bumper mod I do like the look it gives the XK

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 07:39 PM
haha you guys are to much! Any how, I am going to make a call to powertrax tomorrow. I need them to answer a question I have. Then to which ever website I plan on ordering it from to make sure its in stock prior to placing the order.

stites-xk
08-22-2012, 07:53 PM
I like were your going with your build. Im thinking by next summer I'll have a locker in rear and be ready to hot the more extreme trails here in CO like holy cross.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

criket
08-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Hahaha you know they can't take the same lines I do bro! Stop trying to cover up you play on the bunny trails hahaha :p

Hey now Sal, you know for a fact that I tried your lines a few times, LOL. I made it up some but not all but I definitly gave it a good old college try with my QT1. I'm not scared to push my QT1. Heck, I hope it breaks so I can upgrade. That's the best excuse I can give my wife, LOL. Honey, it's broke I need to buy a new t case, rear axle, front axle out of a super duty, .......

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 07:58 PM
hahaha I know I may do the bumper mod I do like the look it gives the XK

To do the bumper mod you will need to take a jigsaw to your XK. Or something similar.

Matt
08-22-2012, 08:01 PM
I think this thread title needs to be changed to "Random ramblings of crazy XK/WK owners"

07JeepXK
08-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Haha yeah

T1RKaZz
08-22-2012, 08:15 PM
I think this thread title needs to be changed to "Random ramblings of crazy XK/WK owners"

Then it would get mixed up with all the other threads

06JeepXKHEMI
08-22-2012, 08:16 PM
The bumper mod is somethine Ive always liked and planned on doing

Matt
08-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Then it would get mixed up with all the other threads

That's the truth! haha

But hey, you'll be hard pressed to find a better source of information + lunacy :cool:

Sal-XK
08-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Hey now Sal, you know for a fact that I tried your lines a few times, LOL. I made it up some but not all but I definitly gave it a good old college try with my QT1. I'm not scared to push my QT1. Heck, I hope it breaks so I can upgrade. That's the best excuse I can give my wife, LOL. Honey, it's broke I need to buy a new t case, rear axle, front axle out of a super duty, .......

I know you did bro! We can hit Daniel the right way might be enough to break something's for ya so you can upgrade. :D

4.7 Liter & 33's FTW!!!!

Enough said! :p

Not sure were I'll be in October but I'll know more in a few weeks.

Core XK
08-23-2012, 05:16 AM
I definitely won't have full skids by this trip BUT it seems like you guys need a referee :) I'll ride along in someones rig! ;p

07JeepXK
08-23-2012, 06:18 AM
Just stay off the Black Trails!!!

Matt
08-23-2012, 06:23 AM
He'll have skids by then... just watch lol

Core XK
08-23-2012, 06:51 AM

No I wont! The therapy sessions are working...

Matt
08-23-2012, 07:00 AM
Sounds like the denial phase to me...

Core XK
08-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Sounds like the denial phase to me...

Haha

The credit card has taken a good beating these past 2 months..

Matt
08-23-2012, 07:12 AM
Here at TheUltimateJeep.com we take the economy seriously and do our best to stimulate it. They're not just mods for a better Jeep, they're mods for a better "tomorrow".

Core XK
08-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Here at TheUltimateJeep.com we take the economy seriously and do our best to stimulate it. They're not just mods for a better Jeep, they're mods for a better "tomorrow".

lmao! I don't think my fiance will agree :)

Matt
08-23-2012, 07:22 AM
So you're saying your fiance doesn't care about the future of the US economy? ;) lol

Core XK
08-23-2012, 07:31 AM
So you're saying your fiance doesn't care about the future of the US economy? ;) lol

Pretty much....yes.

Static
08-23-2012, 08:40 AM
Better to show her who you are before you get married and do it anyway.

07JeepXK
08-23-2012, 08:44 AM
Exactly, your not married yet. haha

Yeah, so more bad news. I'll have more info once I find out whats going on.

Matt
08-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Bad news?ugh.

Core XK
08-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Better to show her who you are before you get married and do it anyway.

lol Yeah she knows already with all of the stuff I've bought in the 2 months ive owned the XK

Core XK
08-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Exactly, your not married yet. haha

Yeah, so more bad news. I'll have more info once I find out whats going on.

Damn...how bad.

07JeepXK
08-23-2012, 09:55 AM
Bad enough to where I won't be installing a locker in the rear. So we will just have to install it in your hemi.

Core XK
08-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Bad enough to where I won't be installing a locker in the rear. So we will just have to install it in your hemi.

Problem with the 4.7?

Matt
08-23-2012, 10:06 AM
damn man I don't like where this is headed

07JeepXK
08-23-2012, 10:13 AM
I think Andrew said it best. "Dude your Jeep situation is worse than a high school relationship, back and forth" lol

There is no problem with the 4.7

Core XK
08-23-2012, 10:16 AM
I think Andrew said it best. "Dude your Jeep situation is worse than a high school relationship, back and forth" lol

There is no problem with the 4.7

haha Why will it go in the 5.7L? I am assuming you're waiting to release the complete bad news....I'LL WAIT

Matt
08-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Or you're like a politician. .... constantly flip flopping on what you're doing

07JeepXK
08-23-2012, 10:20 AM
haha Why will it go in the 5.7L? I am assuming you're waiting to release the complete bad news....I'LL WAIT

It will go in your 5.7L. It wont fit in mine with ELSD

Matt
08-23-2012, 10:29 AM
... It wont fit in mine with ELSD

OK it is like a high school relationship..... cause I'm confused how that's not "good" news!

07JeepXK
08-23-2012, 11:09 AM
haha the bad news was I had big plans for the XK in the next month since I never received the cash from my brother. Now he's talking about getting a loan from the credit union and I cant find an XK. The good news will come when I purchase the new XK. Well unless this falls through once again. He hasnt been approved yet.

Core XK
08-23-2012, 11:16 AM
If I had the approval authority id say come to the credit union I work at and I'll give him the $$! lol

Hopefully it works out man...but thats good to know it will work on my XK in the future ;p

07JeepXK
08-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Either way the end result is good for me I guess. My crazy modded Jeep with a rear locker and new tcase or a newer Hemi QD II. The only thing that sucks is having to do everything all over again with the new XK.

Core XK
08-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Either way the end result is good for me I guess. My crazy modded Jeep with a rear locker and new tcase or a newer Hemi QD II. The only thing that sucks is having to do everything all over again with the new XK.

Yeah I hear what you mean....but now you know much more about the XK to perfect the modding on a new one if thats the route you end up going.

06JeepXKHEMI
08-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Adamm you should have told everyone what you told me about the bad news, ya prick!!

07JeepXK
08-23-2012, 11:45 AM
We shall see. I'm still ordering the locker in case this falls through with my brother. If the Jeep does sell, looks like your getting a free Powertrax locker plus install in your Hemi

07JeepXK
08-23-2012, 11:46 AM
Adamm you should have told everyone what you told me about the bad news, ya prick!!

Haha I was messing with Andrew and told him someone stole my Jeep today.

06JeepXKHEMI
08-23-2012, 11:49 AM
sad part is I wouldnt be surprised, to many ignorant people out there wont get jobs and mess up other people things, like what happened in AC to mine

Core XK
08-23-2012, 11:49 AM
We shall see. I'm still ordering the locker in case this falls through with my brother. If the Jeep does sell, looks like your getting a free Powertrax locker plus install in your Hemi

Why cant you return it?

Matt
08-23-2012, 11:51 AM
Haha I was messing with Andrew and told him someone stole my Jeep today.

I was worried you were going to say it was totaled!

Core XK
08-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Or I mean NO don't return it :)

06JeepXKHEMI
08-23-2012, 11:55 AM
I wasnt to worried about it being totaled cause even if it were, he was posting on here which meant he was alright and atleast he'd get the insurance check soon.. not quite sure on this but I think there is a time line to when they will issue a check for a stolen car which means he'd be out for awhile.. he's still a prick!! hahaha

07JeepXK
08-23-2012, 11:57 AM
sad part is I wouldnt be surprised, to many ignorant people out there wont get jobs and mess up other people things, like what happened in AC to mine

What happened to yours????

Why cant you return it?

Why return it if I can install it in the rear axle of your XK

I was worried you were going to say it was totaled!

Hell no! It would take a head on collision with a tractor trailer to total this beast. Cause if I got hit by any other car id just duct tape it together and keep beating the crap out of it.

Matt
08-23-2012, 11:59 AM
. he's still a prick!! hahaha

True dat

Core XK
08-23-2012, 12:04 PM
lmao!

Well keep us updated on your brother. Even though I'd LOVE to have that installed I'd rather stuff work out the way you want it to

06JeepXKHEMI
08-23-2012, 12:12 PM
My driver sides windows got smashed by some ignorant punk while I was parked in VALET of Trump Plaza and took my gps, not my radar, not my change, cds, or back up pair of oakleys.. Our drivers window is tempered glass like the windshield cause of its size, they tried to smash but it would break, so the smashed out the rear glass and quarter glass to get in, then climbed inside thru the window scratching the door and seat, and remind you this happened all in Trump Valet.. The cost was $1300 which I was reimbursed for but still pissed me off.. i would have rather given the idiot $50 that he would get for the used GPS, just all that for nothing. Here are some pics if you didnt see them before
This was not even 2 weeks after I got it, I still think it was someone who worked there cause I paid cash when I checked in for the rooms for over $1000, so they probably thought I had some nice things, of course they denied it

Core XK
08-23-2012, 12:15 PM
My driver sides windows got smashed by some ignorant punk while I was parked in VALET of Trump Plaza and took my gps, not my radar, not my change, cds, or back up pair of oakleys.. Our drivers window is tempered glass like the windshield cause of its size, they tried to smash but it would break, so the smashed out the rear glass and quarter glass to get in, then climbed inside thru the window scratching the door and seat, and remind you this happened all in Trump Valet.. The cost was $1300 which I was reimbursed for but still pissed me off.. i would have rather given the idiot $50 that he would get for the used GPS, just all that for nothing. Here are some pics if you didnt see them before
This was not even 2 weeks after I got it, I still think it was someone who worked there cause I paid cash when I checked in for the rooms for over $1000, so they probably thought I had some nice things, of course they denied it

That is crazy man but I am glad it got taken care of without issues....I'd be super pissed...

06JeepXKHEMI
08-23-2012, 12:19 PM
OOOHHHHH no it didnt get taken care of without any issues, I had to fight with them cause they said they were only going to pay $560 as thats what their insurance adjuster said it would cost, I was out of pocket for 2.5 weeks until I finally threatened to sue them and had my buddy who is a lawyer call in representing me.. I also notified every news station, paper and any local news product of what happened and sent copies to their corporate office. It got ugly but eventually they cut the check..

Core XK
08-23-2012, 12:24 PM
OOOHHHHH no it didnt get taken care of without any issues, I had to fight with them cause they said they were only going to pay $560 as thats what their insurance adjuster said it would cost, I was out of pocket for 2.5 weeks until I finally threatened to sue them and had my buddy who is a lawyer call in representing me.. I also notified every news station, paper and any local news product of what happened and sent copies to their corporate office. It got ugly but eventually they cut the check..

oh wow....that definitely was not handled smoothly by any means. I am so suprised they didnt take your scanner....

06JeepXKHEMI
08-23-2012, 12:27 PM
even if they did anything they took or didnt take they would get change for, is it really worth smashing 3 windows, ignorance just makes me turn ignorant.. oh well its over and done with and now I have aftermarket windows that will never look like factory

Matt
08-23-2012, 12:30 PM
If it makes you feel better I didn't know they were different. ;)

Core XK
08-23-2012, 12:31 PM
even if they did anything they took or didnt take they would get change for, is it really worth smashing 3 windows, ignorance just makes me turn ignorant.. oh well its over and done with and now I have aftermarket windows that will never look like factory

Stuff like this always happened in my old neighborhood in Philly so I know what you mean by ignorance. That's one way to look at it! ;p

07JeepXK
08-23-2012, 12:33 PM
I didn't realize that was your jeep Andrew

06JeepXKHEMI
08-23-2012, 12:34 PM
If it makes you feel better I didn't know they were different. ;)

Next Rausch Creek trip look closer you can tell, and the rear molding isnt right have to call the window guy back out to fix it.. Plus i know they are different and thats enough to get me going everytime hahahaha

Core XK
08-23-2012, 06:58 PM

You always prove me wrong....its getting old Matt......really old.

I am ordering all under carriage skids next month / early oct. :mad:

Matt
08-23-2012, 07:03 PM
As i expected https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

Core XK
08-23-2012, 07:06 PM
lol

Core XK
08-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Hey Adam did they approve your brothers loan yet? It shouldn't take more then 48 hours ;p

07JeepXK
08-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Who knows.. Lol at this point I don't even care!!! I love my XK and it's getting built even better in the next few weeks. I'm sure he won't get approved.

Called Richmond Gear today. Got my questions answered! We're good to go

Core XK
08-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Who knows.. Lol at this point I don't even care!!! I love my XK and it's getting built even better in the next few weeks. I'm sure he won't get approved.

Called Richmond Gear today. Got my questions answered! We're good to go

Yeah I do love your xk ;p

Does this mean you can install the locker!!?

07JeepXK
08-24-2012, 04:13 PM
I can install the locker in mine and yours. Lol We will get you hooked up bro!

I talked to my brothers girl friend today (he's buying it for her) and she said they applied for the loan. They both have ****ty to no credit. I think I'm keeping my xk either way.. Haha

Core XK
08-24-2012, 04:18 PM
I can install the locker in mine and yours. Lol We will get you hooked up bro!

I talked to my brothers girl friend today (he's buying it for her) and she said they applied for the loan. They both have ****ty to no credit. I think I'm keeping my xk either way.. Haha

Yeah you have put a lot of work into it man I am happy your thinking of keeping it (I don't want to be the only QTII either!)

I am hoping to make the next RC trip because I have weddings in October....but I'll have full skids!!!

EDIT: I am glad to hear you can put the locker in! can't wait to see it

Matt
08-24-2012, 04:24 PM
....but I'll have full skids!!!

Nooooo way! For real? Who woulda thunk....:p

When are those weddings? We'll plan around it!

07JeepXK
08-24-2012, 04:27 PM
The only weekend that I can't go in October is the 12-14. I have to play Army. Any other weekend is good.

Let me test out the locker in mine the we will work on getting you one. Hell I'll install it in Rausch creek parking lot if need be!

Core XK
08-24-2012, 04:31 PM
The only weekend that I can't go in October is the 12-14. I have to play Army. Any other weekend is good.

Let me test out the locker in mine the we will work on getting you one. Hell I'll install it in Rausch creek parking lot if need be!

LOL!!!! sounds good

And Matt I will check the dates with the boss once she arrives ;p

Core XK
08-24-2012, 04:34 PM
The 20th weekend is the one wedding and the other one may be in another month but ill double check

Matt
08-24-2012, 04:38 PM
So maybe the 28th??

06JeepXKHEMI
08-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Like I said before I wont be wheeling on Sunday but I can make it on Saturday in October, I say towards the end of the month, Ill be in the 'Burgh 10/7 but after that I think Ill be clear

Core XK
08-24-2012, 04:41 PM
So maybe the 28th??

I have weddings the 13th and 20th so the 28th would be good to go

EDIT: I can do Saturday or Sunday. I'll just drive up Friday.

Matt
08-24-2012, 05:03 PM
If Saturday is best for you guys we can do that.... especially if Sal makes the trip! Then I may wheel Sunday too if my friends who work Sat are going to come up

07JeepXK
08-24-2012, 05:20 PM
I say we get there Friday the 26th and wheel the 27th!!! I'm in for that weekend. So I'm definitely going. Who is joining me??

06JeepXKHEMI
08-24-2012, 05:21 PM
count me in for that weekend

07JeepXK
08-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Nice ill open a thread!!!

Sal-XK
08-24-2012, 05:29 PM
If I'm at home I'll be there. If I'm stuck on the road I'll try to get something close and at least show up that's all I can promise.

Matt
08-24-2012, 05:31 PM
If I'm at home I'll be there. If I'm stuck on the road I'll try to get something close and at least show up that's all I can promise.

We're like 12 year olds dude.... all I see above is "i can promise i'll be there"

07JeepXK
08-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Haha I like how this thread has gone in so many different directions. But it doesnt matter because it will end with pictures of the powertrax no-slip installed in the rear of the XK!

Matt
08-24-2012, 05:37 PM
It's funny because I see that a thread has a new post, and when i click on it I never know what to expect! lol

Sal-XK
08-24-2012, 06:12 PM
A bunch of dudes with OCD mixed with some ADD

Holaday07 4.7
08-25-2012, 05:51 PM

for a lunch box locker? Seems a little pricey to me too

07JeepXK
08-25-2012, 06:31 PM
for a lunch box locker? Seems a little pricey to me too

Not really because the only other lockerr that can be installed in the XK is an ARB. Your talking over $800-$900 just for the locker, then you need to purchase the compressor too. Then the entire rear end needs to be tore apart and set properly. Not something the normal mechanic can do. I can install a lunch box locker in less than 2 hours and get the same outcome as any other locker. Power to both rear wheels!!

Holaday07 4.7
08-25-2012, 06:34 PM
I have an ARB in the rear of my TJ. Freaking love it as long as i dont pinch the line. I thought you were quoting a 5-800 dollar lunchbox. I put a spartan up front of mine for $200.00 Just read it wrong, my bad.

07JeepXK
08-25-2012, 06:38 PM
If I recall correctly, the powertrax no-slip is around $400. I dont think thats all that bad. I would love to get an ARB in the rear but the money saved on the No-Slip will be going into the purchase of a new transfer case.

Matt
08-26-2012, 04:58 AM
When I looked around I thought they were closer to $500. Regardless though you're right, there really aren't many options. I'm used to GM trucks where every manufacturer makes a locker and I could get a E-locker for ~$700. If our only other option is $900 & requires an air source, then $500 for a lunchbox locker aint so bad lol

07JeepXK
08-26-2012, 05:57 AM
Exactly. Plus I really don't feel like tearing the whole rear apart to install an ARB. That would be depressing knowing new gears aren't going in at the same time.

Ross
05-07-2014, 03:54 PM
I recently received Kyle's used Powertrax locker and JBA UCA's. After speaking with him, it seems as if his mechanic did all the packing. Because of this I'm unsure as to if all the locker parts are there, as it seems that there are already missing cam springs. I've attached a pic of all the parts I received, could ya'll powertrax owners help me figure out what all is missing.

07JeepXK
05-08-2014, 02:58 AM
You have everything except for the springs.