PDA

View Full Version : TPMS Issues

NeilSmith
08-01-2010, 08:14 AM
I just got back from the beach where I did a lot of beach driving. I would air down to about 20 lbs and when I would air back up the TPMS light would immediately go off. Great, no problems, works exactly as it should. I aired down and back up probably 5 or 6 times during the week with no issues. So we come home and Monday morning I go to work, the TPMS light comes on. I check the pressures and everything is fine but the light doesnt go off. Now the first thing I did when I got home was go through a car wash to get the salt spray and sand off. For those of you that are land locked and may not have much experiance with the ocean, salt spray is nasty and sticky and sand just sticks right to it. So as soon as I could, I got her in the detail bay at work and took the power washer to it. I did the underneath real well and when I was done, the light was off and has not been back on this week. I dont know if the sand could affect the sensors, but it is something to keep in mind.

Sal-XK
08-01-2010, 09:06 AM
My brother in law had the same issue with his wrangler when we aired him back up to go home we aired him down because he got stuck following me LMAO. I have never aired down for the beach yet so I can't say.

NeilSmith
08-01-2010, 09:55 AM
I didn't try to go up the beach without airing down. It was my first time on the beach so didn't know quite what to expect so I was being cautious. I had to drive about 7 miles on the beach just to reach the house. Everything seems to be ok now though.