PDA

View Full Version : Cabledog25's Garage!

Pages : [1] 2

cabledog25
09-14-2012, 09:19 AM
well i might as well start my garage, well i bought my Xk in febuary 2011 and didnt really know what i was getting into i needed a vehicle and loved how it look and drove. Well its a silver 2007 3.7.

Stock1562

current mods are just a flowmaster 44 exhaust and Curt class IV hitch. But i have a 2 inch lift and new rims and tires sittin at my sisters house waiting to get put on soon.

Xd spys 17x8 and dont remember the back spacing wrapped with 265/70 Goodyear duratracs, ive heard many good reviews about the duratracs so i figured id try them out.

thats all thats going on until i get back in the states, then i have a long list of parts going on once i get my hands back on it.

These next 6 months or so will very slow since im out of the states right now but once i get back the XK is going to have alot of work done.

How it sat when i left with my sister back in june.

And yes i made her wash it, it took her about 2 hrs to have it nice and clean.
How it sits currently got the 2" lift and 265/70 R17 DuraTracs on XD spys
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/09/photo22-1.jpg

Matt
09-14-2012, 09:22 AM
Very nice! I like the spys. .. had them on my XK too. Looking forward to seeing the "after" pics.

cabledog25
09-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Very nice! I like the spys. .. had them on my XK too. Looking forward to seeing the "after" pics.

yeah when my sister went to get the tires put on the rims she said everybody said they were nice and what are they going on she said "HER JEEP" LOL and she should be getting the lift and tires in a week or so and ill get pictures put up as soon as i receive them.

Core XK
09-14-2012, 10:14 AM
lol Looking forward to the future progress. You will love those DuraTracs; Matt turned me onto them as well and I get compliments all the time and they did good on the trails.

cabledog25
09-14-2012, 10:24 AM
lol Looking forward to the future progress. You will love those DuraTracs; Matt turned me onto them as well and I get compliments all the time and they did good on the trails.

thanks its going to be a while but i plan on gettin 4.10s and a locker in the rearend. and a few more performance parts, trying to squeeze every ounce of power out of this little ole V6

Core XK
09-14-2012, 10:29 AM
thanks its going to be a while but i plan on gettin 4.10s and a locker in the rearend. and a few more performance parts, trying to squeeze every ounce of power out of this little ole V6

lol Yeah....do you intend to wheel?

I also want a rear locker next year as I only have QTII

cabledog25
09-14-2012, 10:34 AM
lol Yeah....do you intend to wheel?

I also want a rear locker next year as I only have QTII

yeah i do some light wheeling nothing too major, i think with the stuff i go through the lift and tires will be enough but having the locker will just be a bonus.

Core XK
09-14-2012, 11:01 AM
I hear ya...i only intend to wheel when it snows or a group goes to rausch creek offroad park; but I love the look of a heavy modded offroad truck!! I dont like much that looks stock lol

cabledog25
09-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Haha yeah ive hated the stock look, ive looked through thousands of pages on here and ive got alot of ideas to do to it in 6 months.

Core XK
09-14-2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah theres some pretty awesome xks on here...i think most incorporate others ideas to make their own plan for the xk just like you intend to. I never thought id actually wheel but after my first time I loved it and all matt wants to do is spend my money.....BUT I dont regret a single purchase thus far

cabledog25
09-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Yeah theres some pretty awesome xks on here...i think most incorporate others ideas to make their own plan for the xk just like you intend to. I never thought id actually wheel but after my first time I loved it and all matt wants to do is spend my money.....BUT I dont regret a single purchase thus far

LOL yeah ive read about that. How are the pink and purple skids? LOL yeah ive always been a jeep person my first vehicle i learned to drive was an ole 1990 jeep wrangler. and im getting some ideas from here and then coming up with some more

Core XK
09-14-2012, 11:26 AM
LOL yeah ive read about that. How are the pink and purple skids? LOL yeah ive always been a jeep person my first vehicle i learned to drive was an ole 1990 jeep wrangler. and im getting some ideas from here and then coming up with some more

lmao they are unoticable unless you crawl under :(

I want to get a few flex shots of them and then I will probably paint them LOL

Where are you stationed right now? I have a lot of buddies/family in various branches of the military and always enjoy talking to them about it :P

cabledog25
09-14-2012, 11:30 AM
lmao they are unoticable unless you crawl under :(

I want to get a few flex shots of them and then I will probably paint them LOL

Where are you stationed right now? I have a lot of buddies/family in various branches of the military and always enjoy talking to them about it :P

Right now im in Afghanistan but im stationed out of Fort Gordon Ga

Core XK
09-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Right now im in Afghanistan but im stationed out of Fort Gordon Ga

aah nice man, how much longer is your tour?

What is your MOS? if you dont mind me asking that is ;p

cabledog25
09-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Ive got about 6 months left. and im a 25L (cable dawg)

Core XK
09-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Ive got about 6 months left. and im a 25L (cable dawg)

Nice man! how long have ya been in?

cabledog25
09-14-2012, 12:03 PM
2 years and 4 months

Core XK
09-14-2012, 12:16 PM
2 years and 4 months

Nice...plan to be a lifer?

cabledog25
09-14-2012, 12:18 PM
not sure i plan on doing about 8 to 10 then see from there

Core XK
09-14-2012, 12:25 PM
not sure i plan on doing about 8 to 10 then see from there

That's cool I assume you enjoy what your doing.

cabledog25
09-14-2012, 12:26 PM
oh yeah i love my job.

Core XK
09-14-2012, 12:29 PM
oh yeah i love my job.

That's always good lol sorry for all of the questions

On top of being in a military family I have talked to many recruiters and done a lot of research a few years ago. I intended to get my degree and join with a higher rank but then things got really serious with my now fiance so I do not feel right leaving? lol so I directed towards being a police officer.

Love talking to military guys though...always interested in different views

cabledog25
09-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Oh its all good man, i dont mind answering questions.

Core XK
09-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Oh its all good man, i dont mind answering questions.

Cool. Can't wait to see your mods when ya get back....those duratracs and wheels are an awesome start

cabledog25
09-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks ive done alot of research on here, and it came down to the Duratracs and nitto trail grapplers but found out the nittos wear too fast.

Core XK
09-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Thanks ive done alot of research on here, and it came down to the Duratracs and nitto trail grapplers but found out the nittos wear too fast.

Yeah the DuraTracs definitely let you know they are there lol so I hope you don't mind a decent "humm" when driving. However, I think your flowmaster will drown that out....my flowmaster 50 kind of does and your 44 is probably even louder.

How do you like the 44 btw?

cabledog25
09-14-2012, 12:42 PM
naw i dont mind any noise at all, considering i listen to my music loud anyways and yeah the flowmaster 44 is crazy loud ive had friend say they hear me about half mile away when im on the throttle.

Core XK
09-14-2012, 12:53 PM
naw i dont mind any noise at all, considering i listen to my music loud anyways and yeah the flowmaster 44 is crazy loud ive had friend say they hear me about half mile away when im on the throttle.

LOL! I like the sound of the 50 but I may remove the resonator....I like it loud too....

cabledog25
09-14-2012, 12:54 PM
haha yeah i had one dude though i was lying about having only a V6 under the hood

Core XK
09-14-2012, 01:10 PM
haha yeah i had one dude though i was lying about having only a V6 under the hood

lmao thats great

cabledog25
09-15-2012, 12:57 PM
This is what my sister woke up to this morning.

Note: the windows were up and the sunroof was closed and doors were shut completly. so how did so much water get inside?

Matt
09-15-2012, 12:59 PM
I'll let Corey take this one..... lol he just had this problem last week

cabledog25
09-15-2012, 01:01 PM
I'll let Corey take this one..... lol he just had this problem last week

LOL dang, and hopefully its not too bad.

Matt
09-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Na... sunroof drain line is probably clogged. Easy to fix. His was soaked, wondering if his carpet dried out yet.

cabledog25
09-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Na... sunroof drain line is probably clogged. Easy to fix. His was soaked, wondering if his carpet dried out yet.

Wow well my problem is my sister drives it right now and i cant get to it so idk how we will get it fixed.

07JeepXK
09-15-2012, 01:45 PM
I had the same issue a few months into purchase of my XK. But I don't have a sunroof. Turned out to be the secondary door seal. I had twice that amount of water though

Lt_JWS
09-15-2012, 02:57 PM
I've seen two other commanders with this problem, look at the pic where the weatherstripping comes together on the ones i've seen leaking there is a gap and when it rains water tends to pond right at that gap or seam.....

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/resizedimage13477457293.jpg/)

Core XK
09-16-2012, 07:31 AM
Yeah it's either that seal or the sunroof drain tube as matt said. My entire floor board was soaked along with the top of the liner from the sunroof. The passenger side tube was clogged and I ended up cleaing both with Matt's air pressure gun. I know now it is definitely a simple fix.

My carpet and the insulation was NOT drying but then I put towels between the carpet,insulation, and floorboard and it dried in a few hours.

I think Matt may have a few pictures of me doing it at his house

cabledog25
09-16-2012, 07:36 AM
OK thaks im having her take it in to get it checked out on thursday mainly cause i cant get to it and i dont want worry about it being a half a$$ job too.

Core XK
09-16-2012, 07:44 AM
OK thaks im having her take it in to get it checked out on thursday mainly cause i cant get to it and i dont want worry about it being a half a$$ job too.

Yeah I don't blame you since your not home. As long as your sister just tells them its either the side weatherstripping or sunroof drain plug then she should be fine even though I hate dealers!!

cabledog25
09-16-2012, 07:49 AM
yeah she is pretty good at listening to me LOL, and i hate most but the one back home near her house is really good

cabledog25
09-16-2012, 11:40 AM
UPDATE: she checked and the only place its wet is on the floor, so im thinking its more of the door seal? what is yalls opinion?

Core XK
09-16-2012, 12:44 PM
UPDATE: she checked and the only place its wet is on the floor, so im thinking its more of the door seal? what is yalls opinion?

That is a possibility but the liner around the sunroof and down to the grab handles dries very quickly so it is possible it dried before she noticed? Mine dried in a few hours but the floorboard was still soaked.

pjmjr508
09-16-2012, 10:58 PM
same here dries quickly. the way I knew was when driving in the rain it would look like water coming from the grab handels, if she sees that, its the sunroof drains

Core XK
09-17-2012, 06:05 AM
same here dries quickly. the way I knew was when driving in the rain it would look like water coming from the grab handels, if she sees that, its the sunroof drains

Yes that is exactly how I knew too lol

07JeepXK
09-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Mine was leaking from the grab handle also in a crazy down pour and it was the secondary door seal. Not by the floor but up above the window. I don't have a sun roof.

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 04:21 AM
Mine was leaking from the grab handle also in a crazy down pour and it was the secondary door seal. Not by the floor but up above the window. I don't have a sun roof.

Thanks for the info. but im having her tell them to check all the seals and anywhere else around there

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 06:22 AM

Hey matt, did you need spacer on your xk with the spys?

Matt
09-18-2012, 06:54 AM
No spacers needed man. The backspace takes care of it.

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Ok well in that case then ill have some spidertrax 1.5 inch spacers up for sale soon then.

Core XK
09-18-2012, 07:04 AM
Ok well in that case then ill have some spidertrax 1.5 inch spacers up for sale soon then.

There is a good chance I will buy those spacers from you for the right price lol :)

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 07:07 AM
There is a good chance I will buy those spacers from you for the right price lol :)

HAHA well as soon as i talk to my sister and make sure she knows where they are still ill sell them to ya for 120 shipped, they are brand new still in the box.

Core XK
09-18-2012, 07:09 AM
HAHA well as soon as i talk to my sister and make sure she knows where they are still ill sell them to ya for 120 shipped, they are brand new still in the box.

Sounds good man!

Relocate to the northeast when ya get home LOL come to Rausch Creek with us!

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 07:12 AM
Sounds good man!

Relocate to the northeast when ya get home LOL come to Rausch Creek with us!

haha well i plan on going over to germany as soon as i get back, maybe get out there and trade in the ole 3.7 in for the diesel :)

Core XK
09-18-2012, 07:15 AM
haha well i plan on going over to germany as soon as i get back, maybe get out there and trade in the ole 3.7 in for the diesel :)

Now THAT is an amazing idea lol I'd love to have the diesel!

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 07:17 AM
Now THAT is an amazing idea lol I'd love to have the diesel!

LOL yeah me too

Core XK
09-18-2012, 07:20 AM
I have rub at full lock with the DuraTracs. I will eventually grab new wheels but others things have priority right now like sliders and new UCA's. Plus, I love the look of the wide stance on the XK's!

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 07:23 AM
I have rub at full lock with the DuraTracs. I will eventually grab new wheels but others things have priority right now like sliders and new UCA's. Plus, I love the look of the wide stance on the XK's!

well im not really too worried about the rubbing that much considering my sister drives it as a mall crawler lol. i plan on doing the pinch weld mods and some more stuff just to minimize rubbing as much as possible.

Core XK
09-18-2012, 07:28 AM
well im not really too worried about the rubbing that much considering my sister drives it as a mall crawler lol. i plan on doing the pinch weld mods and some more stuff just to minimize rubbing as much as possible.

lol Yeah that makes sense; its not too bad but it drives my OCD crazy....I have the pinch weld mod done so spacers should stop all of the rub. I actually wanted wheels or spacers for the wide stance anyway :P

EDIT: And I love getting looks like "WTF"?

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 07:33 AM
lol Yeah that makes sense; its not too bad but it drives my OCD crazy....I have the pinch weld mod done so spacers should stop all of the rub. I actually wanted wheels or spacers for the wide stance anyway :P

Haha yeah i wanted the wide stance too and found out now that my back spacing should help with that, and yeah i have pretty bad OCD so that will probably be one of the first things i do to it when i get it back LOL

Core XK
09-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Yeah I'd rather have the backspacing from nice wheels but in due time!

If you havn't already, I'd check out Matt's thread on the pinch weld mod. He helped me do it and made it look so damn easy lol

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Yeah thats one thing i love about being deployed is i can easly shell out the money for new wheels and tires, i spent about 5 days trying to find the best ones for the xk. i think ive made a good choice, ive already had lots of comments on them and their not even mounted on the xk yet LOL

Core XK
09-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Yeah thats one thing i love about being deployed is i can easly shell out the money for new wheels and tires, i spent about 5 days trying to find the best ones for the xk. i think ive made a good choice, ive already had lots of comments on them and their not even mounted on the xk yet LOL

Yeah that is pretty sweet lol and those wheels are sick too

I technically can't "afford" everything I do to the XK but I enjoy every thing I choose to do to it and have had no regrets :)

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Yeah that is pretty sweet lol and those wheels are sick too

I technically can't "afford" everything I do to the XK but I enjoy every thing I choose to do to it and have had no regrets :)

haha yeah thats how i am too and i have close to 2 grand worth of stuff im going to order for the XK as soon as i get back to the states.

Core XK
09-18-2012, 07:53 AM
lmao I can't wait to see the mods man!

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 07:56 AM
lmao I can't wait to see the mods man!

LOL i cant wait to get working on the mods, its been a while since ive torn down the jeep, on and another mod i forgot about that ive installed a while back was a curt class IV tow hitch

Core XK
09-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Nice!

Core XK
09-18-2012, 08:09 AM
We already have your garage thread to 2 pages and your not even in the US doing mods!! :eek:

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 08:12 AM
haha yeah i put it on in april the week after i just got it back from the body shop where my friend rearended me 2 minutes from class! and it has already been put to work went home about a month later and was pulling scrap iron out of the woods and then hauled about 2300 lbs plus the 1900 lb trailer about 5 times, and the jeep hardly knew it was back there.

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 08:14 AM
We already have your garage thread to 2 pages and your not even in the US doing mods!! :eek:

LOL yeah its crazy but as soon as i get back into the states its going to get filled up quick with mods!

Core XK
09-18-2012, 08:15 AM
haha yeah i put it on in april the week after i just got it back from the body shop where my friend rearended me 2 minutes from class! and it has already been put to work went home about a month later and was pulling scrap iron out of the woods and then hauled about 2300 lbs plus the 1900 lb trailer about 5 times, and the jeep hardly knew it was back there.

Wow that sucks! I don't ever tow anything but I may be helping my uncle tow his boat/trailers next summer so I am interested to see how the Hemi does!

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Haha well i already know my friends going to ask me to help them, and it will do great my little ole V6 performed flawlessly with what i had and it was mostly flat country roads with some hills and then in the "city" it still done great breaking was the only flaw but that will get fixed when i install new drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads.

Core XK
09-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Haha well i already know my friends going to ask me to help them, and it will do great my little ole V6 performed flawlessly with what i had and it was mostly flat country roads with some hills and then in the "city" it still done great breaking was the only flaw but that will get fixed when i install new drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads.

Yeah I had the 3.7L XK prior to my hemi. I hear ya about the brakes lol I am replacing my front rotors/pads Sunday and probably do the rear shortly after.

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Yeah I had the 3.7L XK prior to my hemi. I hear ya about the brakes lol I am replacing my front rotors/pads Sunday and probably do the rear shortly after.

haha yeah i found a nice package at summit racing and its even better is cause there is one about 2 hrs from where my base is back in ga.

Core XK
09-18-2012, 08:27 AM
haha yeah i found a nice package at summit racing and its even better is cause there is one about 2 hrs from where my base is back in ga.

Nice, I bet your excited to get back lol

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Nice, I bet your excited to get back lol

Oh hell yeah, i miss my XK LOL

Core XK
09-18-2012, 08:31 AM
Take it for a nice long drive when ya get back! lol

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 08:33 AM
LOL well its going to be a nice long drive from arkansas to ga, then be in ga for about 2 weeks while im doing mods and then its going to get another nice long drive back to arkansas for about a month then back to ga LOL

Core XK
09-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Now that is some good driving!

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 08:38 AM
haha yeah when i bought it in feburary 2011 it has 48000 and when i left in june it had 63000. so it has gotten a few miles put on it lately, i used to drive about 50 miles a day on post just during work.

Core XK
09-18-2012, 08:50 AM
haha yeah when i bought it in feburary 2011 it has 48000 and when i left in june it had 63000. so it has gotten a few miles put on it lately, i used to drive about 50 miles a day on post just during work.

Yeah that is a lot of driving :) I still have 21k on mine but I don't drive it all week so its good.

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Yeah that is a lot of driving :) I still have 21k on mine but I don't drive it all week so its good.

haha yeah its my dd and we also go in the XK when we go out and what not cause we can pile alot more people in there than in their small little cars

Core XK
09-18-2012, 09:01 AM
I definitely hear that lol

Ever since I lifted it w/ tires, when people get into the back seats (since they sit higher) I always get complaints LOL

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 09:04 AM
haha yeah well my girlfriend already has a trouble getting into it now and she is dreading it when it gets the lift and tires LOL

Core XK
09-18-2012, 09:07 AM
haha I take it she is short? my fiance hates it lol

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 09:09 AM
haha yeah she is 5 2 on a good day LOL

Core XK
09-18-2012, 09:17 AM
haha yeah she is 5 2 on a good day LOL

lmao

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 09:21 AM
haha yeah i got a short one! i told her when i go to pick her up im going to just stand by and laugh at her trying to climb up in it.

Core XK
09-18-2012, 09:44 AM
haha yeah i got a short one! i told her when i go to pick her up im going to just stand by and laugh at her trying to climb up in it.

haha!

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 09:47 AM
haha!

haha yeah i know im mean but its going to be funny, might have to record it.

Core XK
09-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Do it! :)

cabledog25
09-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Do it! :)

haha if i remember i will.

cabledog25
09-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Ok well i need some help guys, what all do yall recommend for me as performance wise, so i can get this little ole V6 to move the 265/70's easly?

Core XK
09-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Ok well i need some help guys, what all do yall recommend for me as performance wise, so i can get this little ole V6 to move the 265/70's easly?

I am sure Andrew will suggest a few things as he is pretty interested in improving the performance of his XK.

I have the flowmaster, K&N Drop in Filter and will be installing the airaid Intake Tube on Sunday w/ Matt. Aside from a tuner and maybe putting a straight pipe from the muffler that is all the perfomance mods I intend to do. I think it depends on what you intend to use your XK for to see if the mods will be worth it?

But again many of us have the 4.7 or HEMI so I do see where your coming from w/ the V6 as I did have one before

cabledog25
09-19-2012, 10:12 AM
i mostly use it for daily driving and like i do run Wide Open a few times a week just to show up some tricked out suv or something, and ive already got a flowmaster 44 on it, going to buy a cold air intake, port and polish my thorttle body, put 4.10 gears in the rear, and a tuner. thats all i can think of right now. do yall have any other suggestions?

cabledog25
09-19-2012, 10:26 AM
Oh and im also getting drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads and then air ram performance power wire.

07JeepXK
09-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Rear locker with the 4:10s!!!

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 07:00 AM
so here is some more pictues i found on my blackberry today.
This is my "new" XK LOL.

Payback is always fun

This is the first load ive ever pulled behind the XK after i got the Class IV Curt hitch installed it wasnt a heavy load about 2800 lbs later that day i was pulling about 3500 to 4000 lbs loads.

Core XK
09-22-2012, 08:32 AM
hahaah thats hilarious

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 08:34 AM
hahaah thats hilarious

LOL the black car was my cousins and i done it on christmas eve! she wasnt very happy but i told her merry christmas and hope she love her present :)

Core XK
09-22-2012, 08:42 AM
That is great LOL I would die laughing......like Matt painting my skids...

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 08:44 AM
LOL all i got to say is my family is going to hate me on my welcome home party, ill have a crap load of saran wrap and my plan is to wrap up every single car i can in one night, LOL your a plasti-dip freak and im a saran wrap freak.

Core XK
09-22-2012, 08:54 AM
LOL all i got to say is my family is going to hate me on my welcome home party, ill have a crap load of saran wrap and my plan is to wrap up every single car i can in one night, LOL your a plasti-dip freak and im a saran wrap freak.

hahahaha this gives me a good idea to get Matt back..........Plasti-dip his license plate? maybe more?

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 09:01 AM
hahahaha this gives me a good idea to get Matt back..........Plasti-dip his license plate? maybe more?

LOL yeah my plan is to wrap somebody to their bed while they are passed out drunk, and its probably not a good idea to talk about ideas you want to get Matt back with considering he can read this!

Core XK
09-22-2012, 09:08 AM
LOL yeah my plan is to wrap somebody to their bed while they are passed out drunk, and its probably not a good idea to talk about ideas you want to get Matt back with considering he can read this!

That and he has my skids at his house lol.....bad move Corey!

I will not be touching anything of Matts stuff *wink*

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 09:12 AM
That and he has my skids at his house lol.....bad move Corey!

I will not be touching anything of Matts stuff *wink*

LOL yeah who knows you might end up with something worst than pink and purple!

Core XK
09-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Plasti-dip

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 09:15 AM
LOL i can hand any color on my XK except for Purple and Gold, i hate LSU Tigers, All Razorbacks for this guy even if they got their A$$es wooped by Alabama.

Core XK
09-22-2012, 09:24 AM
LOL i can hand any color on my XK except for Purple and Gold, i hate LSU Tigers, All Razorbacks for this guy even if they got their A$$es wooped by Alabama.

lol I'll make sure I keep those colors on hand one day :)

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 09:25 AM
lol I'll make sure I keep those colors on hand one day :)

LOL go ahead and you though Matt's joke was bad, you have no idea :D

Matt
09-22-2012, 09:27 AM
I hope Corey has plenty of time tomorrow.... he'll need it to take off the 5 rolls of duct tape I used to mummify his skids..... yes, Just for even THINKING of taking revenge. I'm Italian, its how I roll.

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 09:31 AM
I hope Corey has plenty of time tomorrow.... he'll need it to take off the 5 rolls of duct tape I used to mummify his skids..... yes, Just for even THINKING of taking revenge. I'm Italian, its how I roll.

LOL NICE!!! I think if i ever made my way up there me and you would have alot of fun!

Matt
09-22-2012, 09:33 AM
LOL NICE!!! I think if i ever made my way up there me and you would have alot of fun!

word. I'd need an accomplice to help me plasti-dip coreys entire XK pink

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 09:35 AM

LOL hell yeah im in, that sounds awesome! he will never want to use plasti-dip after that!

Core XK
09-22-2012, 09:38 AM

LOL If you duck taped my skids I will go plasti-dip ****ing crazy on you!

hahahaa

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 09:40 AM
LOL If you duck taped my skids I will go plasti-dip ****ing crazy on you!

hahahaa

LOL Corey you might be careful i might have to make a trip up there to plasti-dip your XK now!

Matt
09-22-2012, 09:43 AM
LMAO

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 09:44 AM
LOL that sounds like it would be fun as hell

Core XK
09-22-2012, 09:44 AM
lmao!

I will camo plasti-dip your new wheels and put a safety strip right down the middle of your XK....just like your ditch pictures!

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 09:46 AM
LOL go ahead and i will rock that too!

Core XK
09-22-2012, 09:47 AM
haha

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 09:51 AM
LOL even though it probably wouldnt be on for very long ill find out by october 1st if i get to go to germany after leaving this "wonderful" place

Core XK
09-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Get a diesel XK!!!!

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 09:57 AM
LOL thats my plan, considering ill be there for 2 years

Core XK
09-22-2012, 09:59 AM
That would be so sweet

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 10:01 AM
hell yeah then go out there and show yall up!

Core XK
09-22-2012, 10:06 AM
woooooaaaahhhhhh now hold on just a minute! :p

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 10:08 AM
LOL yeah cause that lift and rims and tires will be going on the new one too! so i will be halfway there already

Core XK
09-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Would be a sweet rig with that diesel man

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Hell yeah it would. way better than the HEMI! LOL

Core XK
09-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Well I love the HEMI because its badass but I'd take the disel over the HEMI :)

Your just mad right now because you have a puney ol' v6 :eek:

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 10:34 AM
LOL yeah i would love to get the diesel too, and you know what i may have a "puney ol V6" but i still rock that V6 LOL i drive it like its a HEMI

Core XK
09-22-2012, 10:40 AM
haha nothing wrong with that.

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 10:43 AM
Haha yeah thats true

Core XK
09-22-2012, 10:45 AM
I had the 6cyl XK before I got the HEMI and I didn't hate it but I really wanted to offroad and wanted the better 4wd system + power...the fact it had gps/leather/tow package sold me as well; but when I first took the HEMI on the test drive I was like WOW lol total difference

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 10:49 AM
LOL yeah i dont hate it other than the fact it is a 2wd but it dont really bother me that much cause i dont wheel that much anyways and i got looking online and they only XK's well i guess they are XH's over there and they only come with the diesel or the HEMI which is great either way, now only if i can get one for a decent price

Core XK
09-22-2012, 10:51 AM
LOL yeah i dont hate it other than the fact it is a 2wd but it dont really bother me that much cause i dont wheel that much anyways and i got looking online and they only XK's well i guess they are XH's over there and they only come with the diesel or the HEMI which is great either way, now only if i can get one for a decent price

Yeah if you go over there definitely try to score a diesel....you can get a HEMI here and there pretty popular. I wonder what the prices are for a diesel XH :/

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 10:53 AM
i got looking at the prices and i think they were around 18K to 25K Euros

Core XK
09-22-2012, 10:58 AM
i got looking at the prices and i think they were around 18K to 25K Euros

Hmmm....hopefully you can find one with decent mileages/condition

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Yeah that my only thing is its got to be less miles than what mine has now and in real good condition.

Core XK
09-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah that my only thing is its got to be less miles than what mine has now and in real good condition.

Any color preference?

I love the silver with all black interior like mine but if I had to choose another I love andrews green with the sattle brown...looks so nice together

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Yeah well thats the thing, i havnt seen any forsale that is green, red, or blue, all i seen was black, sliver, and some white. and i would prefer like yours silver with black interior, mainly cause it dont look that dirty when its filthy LOL

Core XK
09-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah well thats the thing, i havnt seen any forsale that is green, red, or blue, all i seen was black, sliver, and some white. and i would prefer like yours silver with black interior, mainly cause it dont look that dirty when its filthy LOL

Yeah thats what I like about it lol

cabledog25
09-22-2012, 11:16 AM
LOL yeah i know but i also hate having my jeep dirty, its one thing if its muddy but if its just dirt from every day driving i have to clean it

cabledog25
09-24-2012, 07:22 AM
Well im about 90% sure that ill be heading to Germany not long after i get back so if all goes well within the next 2 years hopefully ill be driving a Diesel XH and have to show all of you HEMI guys up! :p

Core XK
09-24-2012, 07:28 AM
I hope so!

cabledog25
09-24-2012, 07:31 AM
Ill find out some time this week or next if i got locked in. im hoping i do then im going to spend all of my spare time trying to find the perfect XH then start my build over.

cabledog25
09-28-2012, 03:36 AM
Well good news, The leak ended up being the sunroof drain. and i got it cleared and cleaned out the jeep for FREE at the dealership!

pjmjr508
09-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Nice

cabledog25
09-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Lift and tires should be on in about 2 weeks

cabledog25
10-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Well the lift has been delayed, my sister has been working like crazy but should be getting it installed sometime next month. And my girlfriend just picked up her Jeep, she got a 98 Grand Cherokee (ZJ) 4wd with a 5.2L, im a little jealous but were a jeep family now. :) and btw she will only drive jeeps i think she might be a keeper LOL

pjmjr508
10-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Deff sounds like a Keeper

Core XK
10-25-2012, 05:05 AM
Agreed.

cabledog25
10-25-2012, 05:08 AM
LOL yeah well ive been with her for about 4 years now. and i promised her after i got my Xk looking nice i was going to lift her ZJ and throw on some bigger tires.

cabledog25
10-26-2012, 04:59 AM
Its official now, by this time next year me and the XK will be in Germany! :)

Core XK
10-26-2012, 06:29 AM
Nice!!

cabledog25
10-26-2012, 06:42 AM
yeah that just made my day!

06JeepXKHEMI
10-26-2012, 07:28 AM
Its official now, by this time next year me and the XK will be in Germany! :)

Nice man!! I have 2 buddies stationed in Germany where abouts are you headed?

cabledog25
10-26-2012, 07:35 AM
Idk yet, i didnt look at my contract that close LOL

06JeepXKHEMI
10-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Idk yet, i didnt look at my contract that close LOL

Well let me know when you figure it out.. One request, let me know if you can find me an E46 M3, Id give a kidney for a euro-spec E46!!!

cabledog25
10-26-2012, 07:48 AM
LOL ok will do, i should know where im going in a day or 2. and im hoping to find a decent priced XK with the diesel.

06JeepXKHEMI
10-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Nice, diesel is the only other way Id go besides the HEMI

cabledog25
10-26-2012, 07:57 AM
LOL yeah if i knew anything about these before i bought mine i would have to of gotten the hemi, but i love mine anyways LOL and when i get thru with it, its going to be pretty sick!

cabledog25
10-30-2012, 06:00 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Powertrax-92-0382-2705-Chrysler-Carrier-No-Slip/dp/B005AUGLB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351599556&sr=8-1&keywords=powertrax+no+slip+locker+for+chrysler+8.2 5+27+spline Will this work with my rearend?

07JeepXK
10-30-2012, 06:03 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Powertrax-92-0382-2705-Chrysler-Carrier-No-Slip/dp/B005AUGLB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1351599556&sr=8-1&keywords=powertrax+no+slip+locker+for+chrysler+8.2 5+27+spline Will this work with my rearend?

No. You need the 29 Spline Powertrax No Slip like I have.

cabledog25
10-30-2012, 06:05 AM
Ok thanks

cabledog25
10-30-2012, 06:08 AM
Im not sure but i though i read some where that mine has the 27 Spline.

07JeepXK
10-30-2012, 11:40 AM
Nope. The Chrysler 8.25 rear axle on the WK/XK is a 29 spline axle. Trust me. I ordered and installed the 29 spline Powertrax no slip with no issues.

cabledog25
10-30-2012, 07:01 PM
alright thanks, ill be ordering one and get it installed along with some 4:10 gears when i get back

07JeepXK
10-31-2012, 09:01 AM
Nice. If your going as far as installing 4.10 gears you might as well install an ARB air locker since you will already have the stock carrier out!

cabledog25
10-31-2012, 09:06 AM
I would but i dont want to spend all the money on on board air and all the other stuff and the locker its self is more expensive, and ive got alot more mods im doing also.

07JeepXK
10-31-2012, 07:14 PM
I hear you. Modding isn't cheap

cabledog25
10-31-2012, 07:46 PM
haha yeah but its all going to be worth it in the end

Core XK
11-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Yeah I've spent a good bit so far but no regrets

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

cabledog25
11-01-2012, 05:57 AM
Yeah ive got about 2500 bucks worth of parts that i plan on getting for it.

07JeepXK
11-01-2012, 05:59 AM
$2500 that's it. Lol

stites-xk
11-01-2012, 06:07 AM
$2500 that's it. Lol

I spent close to that just for the SL!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cabledog25
11-01-2012, 06:11 AM
Well part of it is accessories, like the matrix bumper guard and a roof rack, but the main things im going to get done is the 4:10 gears and the powertrax no slip locker. and also the lift and tires should be going on in about a week or 2. thats if my sister will get off her lazy butt! LOL

stites-xk
11-01-2012, 06:13 AM
How are you doing the front with 4:10s?

cabledog25
11-01-2012, 06:15 AM
I have a 2wd! LOL so i only got to do the rear

stites-xk
11-01-2012, 06:17 AM
I have a 2wd! LOL so i only got to do the rear

Yeah that makes it easy lol! I would love some 4:10s

cabledog25
11-01-2012, 06:18 AM
LOL yeah thats makes it easy and cheaper!

07JeepXK
11-01-2012, 12:33 PM
If I had 4.10's in my XK i'd be in heaven right now! That is a perfect ratio for 33's with a 4.7 liter...

cabledog25
11-01-2012, 06:44 PM
yeah i know they will surely help out my little ole 3.7.

07JeepXK
11-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Without a doubt. The 3.73's we put in my buddy's WK made it night and day difference

cabledog25
11-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Yeah and i like that im the only person that i know of that will be running 4:10s on an XK/WK

07JeepXK
11-02-2012, 06:33 AM
Yeah and i like that im the only person that i know of that will be running 4:10s on an XK/WK

Make sure you get the hypertech speedometer recalibrator. You will need it to program for the new gear ratio change. So if you had any other plans for a different tuner you wont be able to use it.

cabledog25
11-02-2012, 06:37 AM
Haha yeah ive gotten that already on my list

cabledog25
11-09-2012, 09:38 AM
On the way to the shop for the lift and tires! Should have some after pictures tomorrow. :) im excited and im halfway around the world LOL

07JeepXK
11-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Nice!!!!

stites-xk
11-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Cant wait to see it!

Matt
11-09-2012, 04:58 PM
im excited and im halfway around the world LOL

im excited FOR you and im halfway around the world from you, who is half way around from the XK that i dont even own! lol

cabledog25
11-11-2012, 06:57 PM
My sister hated me cause she had to load the tires up all by herself LOL
http://s1325.beta.photobucket.com/user/CableDawg25/media/photo1-1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

And how it looks now!
http://s1325.beta.photobucket.com/user/CableDawg25/media/photo2-1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

pjmjr508
11-12-2012, 05:33 PM
looking good. That's with a lift too?

cabledog25
11-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks and yeah its a 2" lift with 265/70 R17 goodyear duratracs with 17" XD spys

Matt
11-12-2012, 07:05 PM
I couldnt imagine only being able to look at pictures of this rig and not driving it. When's the maiden voyage to get it muddy??

cabledog25
11-12-2012, 07:11 PM
haha yeah i know man its a little depressing. and the maiden voyage is going to be the first day i get home to it LOL.

06JeepXKHEMI
11-13-2012, 07:09 AM
Nice man! The mod list only gets longer from here hahahaha!!! Looks good

cabledog25
11-13-2012, 07:17 AM
haha trust me i already know, ive got so many things im going to be doing to it within a month time frame when i get back home to it

stites-xk
11-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Nice!

cabledog25
11-13-2012, 08:21 AM
Thanks ill get more pics up as soon as my sister gets off her lazy a$$ and take some LOL

cabledog25
11-15-2012, 07:42 PM
some more pics
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/11/photo3-1.jpg
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/11/photo41-1.jpg
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/09/photo22-1.jpg
This one you can see my wonderful dint in the passagner door. Dang plastic road barrier jumped out in front of me LOL
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/11/photo4-1.jpg

06JeepXKHEMI
11-16-2012, 06:25 AM
Looking good man! Bet you cant wait to drive this XK!!!

cabledog25
11-16-2012, 06:27 AM
yeah man im counting down the days till i get back to it! about 4 more months

07JeepXK
11-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Looks good!

cabledog25
11-16-2012, 11:22 AM
thanks, im a little jealous right now cause my sister gets to drive it all the time and all i get is pictures to look at :( LOL

pjmjr508
11-16-2012, 12:30 PM
it will make it so worth it once your back & get to enjoy driving it

cabledog25
11-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Oh yeah when i get back im going to do nothing but drive all that first day LOL

cabledog25
11-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Well just got word that my tires are rubbing, so whats the easiest way to explain to the shop on how to do the pinch weld mod? or another way to just cut down the rubbing for about 4 more months? it dont have to be anything permanent considering all she does is drive it back and forth to work.

07JeepXK
11-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Have your sister print out the pinch weld mod and bring it to the shop

cabledog25
11-17-2012, 12:07 PM
yeah i think ill end up doing that, she wont be able to take it till after thanksgiving

cabledog25
11-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Well seen i got my bonus so my wish list has now became my soon to be mod list, alot more excited about getting home to the XK to tear into it LOL

07JeepXK
11-21-2012, 04:28 PM
Still no word on my bonus. I'm pissed!!

cabledog25
11-21-2012, 10:14 PM
dang that sucks

cabledog25
11-29-2012, 10:53 AM
well seen my assignment and i report to Grafenwoehr Germany on august 10 2013

pjmjr508
11-29-2012, 12:26 PM
now you will be able to enjoy Ocktoberfest the correct way
Be Safe & enjoy your time in EU

07JeepXK
11-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Jeep going with you??

cabledog25
11-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Hell yes hope to find a good deal on a diesel one while im out there

cabledog25
02-17-2013, 04:42 AM
OK so im less than a month till im reunited with my XK after 9 long months, and ill be starting a serious mod list soon, ill be installing OME HD lift, 4.10s and a powertrax no slip locker, SA diff cover (hopefully soon), new rotors and pads, modified CAI, and more small parts. And now im trying to decide should i go with a hidden winch, i dont wheel too often but when i do either i or somebody i wheel with ends up getting stuck and i would have the only winch. OR should i go with some JBA Shorty headers, to get a little more power out of the little 3.7L? ill only probably wheel a few times before i got to germany, and if i dont link up with a group out there i doubt ill do any serious wheeling out there

Matt
02-17-2013, 05:42 AM
I personally would go with the winch if you had to choose between the two. The 4.10s will keep the 3.7L in the RPM range you need, plus some. The winch, whether used or not, will add to the utility of the vehicle. You never know when you'll need it- could be as simple as helping someone out of a ditch on the side of the road on your way to work.... doesn't need to be a wheeling trip.

cabledog25
02-17-2013, 06:12 AM
yeah thats what i was leaning towards, what size would be best? i was thinking 8000 or 8500?

Matt
02-17-2013, 06:27 AM
Here's a winch comparison chart I was working on last year: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24438380/Winches.xlsx

Prices may have changed a bit, but at the time I felt the Warn VS1000-S was the best bang for the buck and had good dimensions for a hidden winch setup.

cabledog25
02-17-2013, 06:35 AM
Thanks, those prices are still very close, that warn is a bit too much for what im wanting to pay.

I was looking at the smittybilt XRC8-C, you think that is a good choice since i wont be useing it too much and its a pretty good price too?

Matt
02-17-2013, 06:49 AM
Take a look at the Engo E9000S. That winch has become quite popular in my local jeep club. Its the same price as the XRC8-C but is more comparable in specs to the XRC10-C (I bet all those winches are made in the same plant). With the size/weight of the XK, the gearing difference between the two winches would be worth it.

cabledog25
02-17-2013, 06:52 AM
yeah that really nice, might be leaning towards that one now.

I wish the SA front bumper would be a few hundred cheaper and i would be going that route, instead of the hidden winch.

Matt
02-17-2013, 06:57 AM
Might be worth saving up for.... low volume custom fab is a tough business to be in; but at least you'll have a bumper that's not some catalog piece where every jeep around town has one (cough jk cough lol). I think Jon was making his bumper a 2 piece setup; the winch mount that would work under the stock bumper cover, and then the steel replacement shell. If that's the case, you can get the winch mount from him and then add on the additional steel at a later date. I think Andrew is waiting to hear back too because he wants a hidden winch setup from SA.

cabledog25
02-17-2013, 07:01 AM
yeah that would be nice, do you know how much it costs to ship it?

I might take a few things off my list to add that.

Matt
02-17-2013, 07:07 AM
Not sure, but there's quite a few of us interested. Here I just bumped this up:
http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php?2274-Winch-Plate

cabledog25
02-17-2013, 07:16 AM
actually i was talking about shipping for the full bumper? have any idea for that?

Matt
02-17-2013, 07:19 AM
Not sure... but I've talked to Jon about using grey-hound for when he ships my rear bumper and the cost savings was huge. I bet the front would be around $150 or so; caveat being you have to drive to a station to pick it up. My nearest station is 30-40 minutes away... but to save a few hundred in shipping costs I'm all for it

cabledog25
02-17-2013, 07:22 AM
yeah thanks ill have to look into that. and there is actually one on post in ga. and in arkansas there is one about 20 mins away

cabledog25
02-22-2013, 06:53 PM
so im starting to get a little pile of parts at my sisters house.

Got everything (except the SA Diff cover) for my gear/locker change
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/02/image_1361580124724111_zps68c27c4a-1.jpg

Matt
02-22-2013, 07:12 PM
lol dude you must have the coolest sister

cabledog25
02-22-2013, 07:20 PM
LOL yeah sometimes. she loves me right now cause she is the current driver of the XK and she loves it.

Matt
02-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Sounds like you may need to give up the 2WD 07 to her and start shopping for a 2010 Hemi QDII ;)

cabledog25
02-22-2013, 07:27 PM
LOL i tried to convince her but she wouldnt do it :/ she hates the gas mileage and she already has a vehicle

pjmjr508
02-22-2013, 08:08 PM
once you are done I think she will change her mind lol

Matt
02-22-2013, 08:11 PM
Get her out for a wheeling trip...:cool:

cabledog25
02-22-2013, 09:50 PM
haha ill try to, im trying to get a group of guys to hit some trails when i get back to arkansas

07JeepXK
02-23-2013, 04:32 AM
Nice! Is there a second bottle of get oil to go with the one in the pic? Rear end requires two quarts.

cabledog25
02-23-2013, 05:17 AM
yeah there is actually 3 bottles, idk why she didnt put them all in the pic

cabledog25
03-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Just a little update guys, im currently in the process of redeploying back to the states, and as of this morning im no longer in Afghanistan and still wont be back stateside for a few more days.

LWM
03-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Just a little update guys, im currently in the process of redeploying back to the states, and as of this morning im no longer in Afghanistan and still wont be back stateside for a few more days.

That's good news! Glad to have you home safe.

cabledog25
03-15-2013, 01:28 PM
Well guys, IM BACK!!!! Landed in GA wednesday morning, and ill have my XK back late tonight, cant wait to see that thing after 9 long months

06JeepXKHEMI
03-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Congrats man! good to hear youre back safe and soon to be reunited with friends, family and the XK!!! Now go drive her for a bit, park it and go kill some beers/shots!!!

cabledog25
03-15-2013, 02:00 PM
lol im drinkin right now! and gotta sober up to pick up the XK late tonight

lekmedm
03-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Welcome home!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

cabledog25
03-15-2013, 02:23 PM
thanks

Matt
03-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Awesome dude. Have fun!

cabledog25
03-16-2013, 12:24 AM
Im finally reunited with my XK!!! and Man do i Love the look, it looks amazing, ill be sure to post pics up tomorrow after work.