PDA

View Full Version : Broken 3rd Row Seat Belts

madrock
10-07-2012, 12:46 PM
I went to use my 3rd row for the first time yesterday, and I noticed both of my seat belts are broken. Anyone know where to find replacements without going through the dealer?

Sal-XK
10-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Explain broken?

madrock
10-07-2012, 10:32 PM
The button on one of the buckle recepticals will not push down, and the plastic casing is shattered. If I insert the buckle, it will pull right out with minimal effort. The other receptical will allow the buckle to be inserted and sounds like it locks, but it too will pull right out with minimal effort.

LWM
10-08-2012, 05:15 AM
The button on one of the buckle recepticals will not push down, and the plastic casing is shattered. If I insert the buckle, it will pull right out with minimal effort. The other receptical will allow the buckle to be inserted and sounds like it locks, but it too will pull right out with minimal effort.

I might be wrong but I think some of those safety features have extended warranties.

Sal-XK
10-09-2012, 03:07 AM
Sounds like there sticking so spray some lube in there and cycle the button several time and repeat a fee times and see if that works. Unused seat belts get all kinds of stuff in them over the years. If that don't work call the dealer like Jon said that might be under warranty.

NeilSmith
10-09-2012, 05:45 PM
junk yard !! If youre lucky you can find one in a salvage yard. Also try http://car-part.com/ Its a national database for salvage yards. We use it all the time at work.

madrock
10-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks for all of the help.

I took it in for some warranty work (and to be fleeced by the dealership and my extended warranty). My water pump was going out and was spraying fluid everywhere. I also had a broken pinion nose bushing on my front differential. Those were covered under my extended warranty.

However, my leaking transmission/O-ring is not covered, and surprisingly enough neither is the seat belt. The seat belt is not a necessity at this point, so I am just forking out $240 (~$100 for parts and ~$140 labor) to fix the leaking tranny plus my deductible. One would think the faulty old design of the 3.7L O-ring causing a leak that could eventually short out the wiring harness would be a recall. It is what it is.

Since the seat belt is not covered, I will try the spray lube in the seat belt to see if that helps it. Otherwise, I got the part number (1ey441d5aa and D5 for the interior color) so if I have to replace it, I could probably find it cheaper online.