PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered OME HD lift, what else?

peteyturbo
10-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Just wanted to know some opinions on other hardware I should be replacing (front and rear) while I am doing this lift.. I am going to hold off on the UCA's for now but is there anything else I should get to save me time later down the road while it is already apart? Thanks in advance..
Here is a before picture, almost looks lowered lol
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/IMAG1042-1.jpg

hoaxci5
10-10-2012, 01:58 PM
I asked the same question awhile ago, here's the thread with lots of part numbers and info
http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php?1642-OME-lift-what-else-is-needed

06JeepXKHEMI
10-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Just wanted to know some opinions on other hardware I should be replacing (front and rear) while I am doing this lift.. I am going to hold off on the UCA's for now but is there anything else I should get to save me time later down the road while it is already apart? Thanks in advance..
Here is a before picture, almost looks lowered lol
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2011/11/IMAG1042-1.jpg

Love the color, are headlights painted on the inside?

07JeepXK
10-10-2012, 02:41 PM
I would recommend a Rusty's Rear Adjustable track bar. Its not needed but will get your rear axle aligned back to where it should be. Without it the rear axle pushes out to the driver's side due to the oem track bar mounts being on the driver's side frame and passenger side of the axle. Other then that if you feel the need you can replace the upper and lower coil isolators front and rear depending on how bad your current ones are. I just got the rear upper and lowers for my buddy from the dealer and if I recall the total cost was around $20 for all four.

peteyturbo
10-10-2012, 10:44 PM
I asked the same question awhile ago, here's the thread with lots of part numbers and info
http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php?1642-OME-lift-what-else-is-needed
Thanks I knew I saw it somewhere but my search was not catching it!!

Love the color, are headlights painted on the inside?
Yes I took them apart and painted them, it was a horrible experience:mad:

I would recommend a Rusty's Rear Adjustable track bar. Its not needed but will get your rear axle aligned back to where it should be. Without it the rear axle pushes out to the driver's side due to the oem track bar mounts being on the driver's side frame and passenger side of the axle. Other then that if you feel the need you can replace the upper and lower coil isolators front and rear depending on how bad your current ones are. I just got the rear upper and lowers for my buddy from the dealer and if I recall the total cost was around $20 for all four.

I always wondered what the track bar was for. I will probably install that with the UCA's within the next month or so for the "final alignment". I plan on replacing all of the isolators for sure..

Core XK
10-11-2012, 06:42 AM
Im sure your headlights were a pain but it looks awesome man; cant wait to see your xk w/ lift

peteyturbo
10-11-2012, 02:38 PM
I ordered new spring isolators all around as well as the strut mounts (all moog), now I just need bump stops.. Anyone know where to get a full set from one place for a good price?
I will also have a set of 1.5 spacers from a friend in a few weeks:) The fiance is in the phillipines right now and I am going to surprise her with this when she gets back since it is technically her car. The good news is I know she wanted a lift:D

07JeepXK
10-11-2012, 02:48 PM
I ordered new spring isolators all around as well as the strut mounts (all moog), now I just need bump stops.. Anyone know where to get a full set from one place for a good price?
I will also have a set of 1.5 spacers from a friend in a few weeks:) The fiance is in the phillipines right now and I am going to surprise her with this when she gets back since it is technically her car. The good news is I know she wanted a lift:D

The fronts you can get from www.rockauto.com or dealer for $15 a piece or you can reuse the ones you have if you dont mind taking apart the old strut assembly. You dont need rear bump stops, you reuse the ones you have.