PDA

View Full Version : theultimatejeep forum has been DEAD lately!!

07JeepXK
10-22-2012, 07:29 AM
Whats the deal?!?!? I've noticed in the last week or two that the forum has been dead. I check for new post every few hours on my phone and nothing!! I think the only ones that still post are Matt, Andrew, Corey and myself...

cabledog25
10-22-2012, 07:31 AM
haha yeah i noticed that too

Matt
10-22-2012, 07:39 AM
Lol and those of us who post are pretty much "done" modding so we don't have much to post about....

Need to start recruiting again!

cabledog25
10-22-2012, 07:49 AM
give me about 5 months and ill start updating stuff. got lots of mods in mind

Matt
10-22-2012, 07:57 AM
Also seems like the majority of active WK members are more content being red-headed stepchildren on JF. :P

Sal-XK
10-22-2012, 08:02 AM
I still read every post on here but been way to busy and tired to post myself. Besides my Jeep pretty much just sits in the garage right now all the mods I have left are the bigger more expensive ones.

06JeepXKHEMI
10-22-2012, 08:14 AM
i was going to start this same thread hahaha ive actually been on other forums to keep me entertained throughout the day!!!

BonesWK
10-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Im in the "lurking/posting every once and a while" group.

Mods are pretty much on hold for right now.

hoaxci5
10-22-2012, 09:55 AM
I've been busy still being homeless.. no garage, and a new to me XJ.. at least the XJ made it "home" yesterday so it's no longer in Matt's yard.

stites-xk
10-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Whats the deal?!?!? I've noticed in the last week or two that the forum has been dead. I check for new post every few hours on my phone and nothing!! I think the only ones that still post are Matt, Andrew, Corey and myself...

I still post!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Matt
10-22-2012, 10:01 AM
I've been busy still being homeless.. no garage, and a new to me XJ.. at least the XJ made it "home" yesterday so it's no longer in Matt's yard.

I shed a tear this morning when I woke up, looked out the window, and wasn't greeted by the XJ parked in my back yard. :(

hoaxci5
10-22-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm going to throw the front driveshaft back in and get a poser pic in the resort, along with testing flat towing with it in place during naptime today.

Matt
10-22-2012, 10:17 AM
Based on our test drive.... you should be good with the driveshaft in there.

pjmjr508
10-22-2012, 11:23 AM
I have also been reading all the posts, & made some posts, just not a lot of mods posts. I am working on about 5 things right now with my XK & will be posting up once they are done, just taking a while between work & the family.

07JeepXK
10-22-2012, 11:29 AM
There is something crazy going on with my drive train right now so I'm sure you guys will here all about it in the next few days. I just need to figure out exactly what it is

Core XK
10-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Yeah im with andrew. Ive been on "other" forums to feed my need lol but id rather be on here!!!!!

Matt
10-22-2012, 06:16 PM
After this weekends wheeling trip hopefully we stir up some more enthusiasm. Out of EVERY XK/WK forum out there, the members here go wheeling together the most. So our posts may be slow right now, but no problem... its always cyclic.

I've noticed other forums are relatively slow right now as well. TUJ has sort of a handicap since this forum is setup to make threads disappear after you view them. So when you hit "new posts", it only shows threads that have been updated since your last visit. Other forums show all threads for the past 3? days or so, and the ones with posts since your last visit have bold titles. So it gives the illusion that those sites are busier since there's always 2-3 pages worth of "new posts", but going by date that's really not the case.

criket
10-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Here is where my jeep funds are going.

355 Chevy

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/10/100_1271-1.jpg

Matt
10-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Whats that going in??

criket
10-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Don't know yet. (sorry for the huge pic, just realized it)

I'm in the market for a mid 50's chevy truck.

I'm ordering the heads next week. There goes $1500.....

Matt
10-22-2012, 06:24 PM
lol nice!

07JeepXK
10-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Well. I figured out exactly what the issue was.

Matt
10-22-2012, 07:12 PM
exactly?

Core XK
10-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Well. I figured out exactly what the issue was.

So your going? lol

Whats the issue?

07JeepXK
10-22-2012, 07:19 PM
exactly?

So your going? lol

Whats the issue?

Yea I figured out exactly what the issue was! Turned out to be the rear main seal oil leak drip pan... Lol

Core XK
10-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Lol and those of us who post are pretty much "done" modding so we don't have much to post about....

Need to start recruiting again!

People in work were enjoying talking about if they hit the PA lottery today......I kept thinking in my head everything I'd do to my XK :( not a house or pay off debt....just my XK....

Core XK
10-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Yea I figured out exactly what the issue was! Turned out to be the rear main seal oil leak drip pan... Lol

So........you're coming to RC?

Matt
10-22-2012, 07:25 PM

That was the freaking noise? You have to be kidding....

People in work were enjoying talking about if they hit the PA lottery today......I kept thinking in my head everything I'd do to my XK :( not a house or pay off debt....just my XK....

Oh I can relate buddy!

07JeepXK
10-22-2012, 07:35 PM
That was the freaking noise? You have to be kidding....

Do you even know what that is Matt??

Matt
10-22-2012, 07:44 PM
There's a shield between the engine and trans (assuming that's what you're calling the drip pan). Last time I heard a noise from this was when a buddy replaced the clutch on his F150 and somehow screwed it up so the trans wasn't seated properly.

You replaced your rear main last year right?

07JeepXK
10-22-2012, 08:19 PM
There's a shield between the engine and trans (assuming that's what you're calling the drip pan). Last time I heard a noise from this was when a buddy replaced the clutch on his F150 and somehow screwed it up so the trans wasn't seated properly.

You replaced your rear main last year right?

Nope, replaced the front crank seal last year. Rear main seal is still leaking. You were close with your guess. Next time your under your jeep think what would a rear main seal oil leak drip on

07JeepXK
10-23-2012, 05:00 AM
Hint: not all XK's have this. But yours does as well as Corey's and Andrew's.

Matt
10-23-2012, 05:35 AM
Your belly guard was making the noise?

06JeepXKHEMI
10-23-2012, 06:22 AM

Mine does every now and then, rattles on exhaust

Matt
10-23-2012, 06:38 AM
Throw 2 washers on the front side to lower it down 1/8" ?

07JeepXK
10-23-2012, 07:03 AM

Bingo! My belly skid was crushed up into my exhaust. When I step on the gas the motor would pivot causing the exhaust to grind against the skid. I took the skid off last night and that noise is gone. I had spacers already on the front. I need to get the skid straightened.

pjmjr508
10-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Bingo! My belly skid was crushed up into my exhaust. When I step on the gas the motor would pivot causing the exhaust to grind against the skid. I took the skid off last night and that noise is gone. I had spacers already on the front. I need to get the skid straightened.

I am having the same issue as well, I need to take mine off & pound it straight flat.

At least it is doing the job it was bought for

JumpmasterRT
10-25-2012, 06:48 PM
I read a lot but I rarely get on the computer and I'm still not comfortable with purchasing the tapatalk app just yet.

LWM
10-26-2012, 09:06 AM
I read a lot but I rarely get on the computer and I'm still not comfortable with purchasing the tapatalk app just yet.

Get tapatalk, you will love it.

T1RKaZz
10-26-2012, 03:52 PM
Get tapatalk, you will love it.

Best three bucks ever spent most of my forums in one place its really worth it

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

The_War_Wagon
11-01-2012, 06:45 AM
Been busy FINALLY (after 6 years) getting my '92 Ramcharger restored and modded. 4 1/2" lift and 36" M/T's are finally under it, as well as new brakes. Brake lines and fuel line are being replaced now. Cutting out the lower rear quarters and welding in some new ones is next - then it gets stripped down to the bare metal, sanded, primered, & painted. The underbody is being rhino-lined - the frame bead-blasted & powdercoated. Custom rear bumper/tire/jack/jerry can carrier is installed - custom front bumper is now fabricated and spot welded - getting it finished and installed is next.

Tax refund goes to new ring & pinion sets, and a transpak & shift kit this spring. Engine rebuild is being detailed and scheduled. Ditto for the interior work (needs a new headliner right away - damn thing is drooping badly in the cab). I'm thinking of tearing out all the carpet and rhino-lining the entire floor, so you can HOSE it out! :p Going with some sort of faux leather, that cleans up much easier than cloth, for the seats also.

If I EVER get my computer back from the shop :mad:, I'll load some pics for everyone to drool on. Even when it starts rolling again, it's gonna be a slow work in progress, but our Boy Scout War Wagon might actually be road-worthy before the twins finish Cub Scouts!!! :cool:

And that's MY excuse!

cabledog25
11-01-2012, 07:05 AM
Nice cant wait to see pics of it

lekmedm
11-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Even when it starts rolling again, it's gonna be a slow work in progress, but our Boy Scout War Wagon might actually be road-worthy before the twins finish Cub Scouts!!! :cool:

And that's MY excuse!

My son is 5.5 y/o, and my excuse for getting a Super lift under the XK is to take him camping with the Boy Scouts!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

The_War_Wagon
11-01-2012, 12:10 PM
My son is 5.5 y/o, and my excuse for getting a Super lift under the XK is to take him camping with the Boy Scouts!

Since the Ramcharger's taken so long to restore, that was my excuse to buy the Commander! :p

Hope to keep both when I'm done - my oldest is a Boy Scout - the twins are still Cubs. :cool:

JumpmasterRT
11-04-2012, 07:37 AM
Get tapatalk, you will love it.Just did and yes I do... I shouldn't have waited so long. LOL

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2