PDA

View Full Version : Rear Sway Bar Removal

JumpmasterRT
10-25-2012, 07:09 PM
So after my last wheeling adventure which ended in three creases on my upper rear cab :eek: I realized that probably wouldn't have happened if I'd had more flex in the rear. I knew that if I'd have removed the rear sway bar it's possible that may not have happened.

Sooooooooo, my question is, for those of you who have removed it permanently, what springs did you install to compensate for it's removal? Or did you? I can't imagine that the stock springs are adequate.

I'm basically the new guy you've been waiting to "tutor" so start learning me LOL

Matt
10-25-2012, 07:20 PM
What rear shocks are you running? The F150 version of the Monroe Load Levelers (PN 58643) will allow more flex than stock length shocks as well as add some stiffness to the rear that compensates for the lack of a rear sway bar.

What lift are you running now?

duneslider
10-26-2012, 03:02 PM
When I had my Cherokee it didn't have a rear sway bar from the factory. I would be willing to bet you would hardly notice the difference without the back sway bar. The front, now you would notice that! I would be willing to bet that you wouldn't notice if it were gone. I haven't looked at the sway bar on the commander but on my JK it is a pretty wimpy sway bar.

Sal-XK
10-27-2012, 08:27 AM
What rear shocks are you running? The F150 version of the Monroe Load Levelers (PN 58643) will allow more flex than stock length shocks as well as add some stiffness to the rear that compensates for the lack of a rear sway bar.

What lift are you running now?

This is how I'm running mine no problems. Don't forget the fuel tank mod with this setup.

JumpmasterRT
10-27-2012, 02:12 PM
I've got the Rough Country 2" lift with Bilstien HD shocks... they're not the coil-over load leveling shocks though.

Fuel tank mod? Crap, I haven't even done the pinch weld mod on the front yet. Dang. LOL

JumpmasterRT
11-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Don't forget the fuel tank mod with this setup.The only fuel tank mod I've found is the one where you cut a notch out when putting on the skid plate.... is that the one you're talking about?

JumpmasterRT
11-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Also, how do you get more travel in the front? OEM length obviously isn't enough....

Matt
11-03-2012, 09:08 AM
The only fuel tank mod I've found is the one where you cut a notch out when putting on the skid plate.... is that the one you're talking about?
Exactly.

Also, how do you get more travel in the front? OEM length obviously isn't enough....

You really can't.... to get down travel back we need superlift to start making kits again.