PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy S3 wins

Core XK
10-30-2012, 02:59 PM
So I have been going back and forth between the Galaxy S3, Droid Razor M, and the Iphone 5.

I never use Apps or Widgets much, and I only use my phone for online and texts. The I phone 5 is just simply quicker then anything else, and the new changes with the screen, weight, and dimensions are pretty nice.

I think if the Galaxy S3 was a similar size to the Iphone 5 I may have leaned towards the GS3.

Going to purchase the Iphone 5 tomorrow :)

DetroitMarauder
10-30-2012, 03:30 PM
I got the GS3 about a month ago and wouldn't go back. The screen size and clarity is what got me.

07JeepXK
10-30-2012, 03:30 PM
I went from a Droid Incredible 2 and got an iPhone 4S and love it. No regrets! I'd love an iPhone 5 but literally just got this one like 3 months ago.

Sal-XK
10-30-2012, 03:58 PM
I went from a Droid Incredible 2 and got an iPhone 4S and love it. No regrets! I'd love an iPhone 5 but literally just got this one like 3 months ago.

I got my 4s a few months ago as well. I always stay one release behind on purpose it saves me money and all the bugs get worked out on other people not me. The only thing I don't like about the 5 is they changed the charger. So nothing you have already like docking stations car adapters will work with the new phone. The lady said it's causing issues to I guess people are stealing peoples charger cords because there is shortage and they're having a hard time replacing them LOL

Core XK
10-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Yeah the GS3 is without a doubt an awesome phone. The clarity is amazing; the size is what gets me. I wouldn't be able to wear a pair of jeans and squeeze that ipad of a phone in my pocket lol

@Sal, yeah that is not a bad idea what your doing...never fails. I never got an Iphone because I didn't like the 4's screen/thickness.

Core XK
10-30-2012, 06:08 PM
BTW, vote for me on JC.com for Ride of the Month. I think a struck a nerve with someone over there LOL

Sal-XK
10-30-2012, 08:31 PM
BTW, vote for me on JC.com for Ride of the Month. I think a struck a nerve with someone over there LOL

I'm banned from that place LOL I did make a new screen name I just don't remember what it was LOL

andreas428
10-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Lol I voted for ya

07JeepXK
10-31-2012, 05:29 AM
I'm banned from that place LOL I did make a new screen name I just don't remember what it was LOL

How did you get banned over there? lol

As far as the iphone 5, the main reason it's not in my future is because when I upgraded to the iphone 4s a few months ago I used my upgrade so I would pay out the butt for a new iphone 5.

ScorpionCrawler
10-31-2012, 05:55 AM

Voted for ya.

Core XK
10-31-2012, 07:01 AM
Sal LOL

Yeah I don't go on much but I figured id have fun with ROTM.

I am so bad at deciding on phones lol....I am going to verizon tonight so don't he surprised when I updates this thread saying I got the GS3

06JeepXKHEMI
10-31-2012, 07:32 AM
That guy is all jacked up about you posting late HAHAHAHA its just ROTM, not a big deal. Jealous that yours is better? Should be no hate

Core XK
10-31-2012, 08:15 AM
Hahah

Sal-XK
10-31-2012, 10:58 AM
How did you get banned over there? lol

Sorry I missed he was talking about JC I assumed he was talking about about the other forum LOL

Core XK
10-31-2012, 11:13 AM
lol aah okay.

A Blue Galaxy S3 w/ brown leather case looks realllly niiiice lol....

Sal-XK
10-31-2012, 11:23 AM
Not that you needed the help LOL but I voted for ya!

Core XK
10-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Thanks man lol

Are any of your truck routes bad due to the storm?

Adondo
10-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Another S3 here. They aren't totally without hardware changes though... the MHL adapter for hooking the phone up to your HDTV is different, so you have to buy a new dongle. :( Other than that, it's the same micro-USB connector, so the chargers that are everywhere still fit. It is mind blowing, BTW, watching full 1080p videos from the phone's own video cam on your 52" flat screen. :)

Note that in Europe, the iPhone 5 still has micro-USB because the EU won't allow Apple to do a proprietary connector. Only in the USA does everyone have to run out and buy new chargers and USB cables.

One thing that's really cool is the video player... all the video thumbnails are just that: VIDEOS, not static little pictures of the title frame.

And, can the iPhone 5 run X-Plane? Hmmmmmmmmm??? (The flight sim)

Core XK
10-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Yeah I am getting more interested in the S3 the more I look into it lol

I currently have the S1 and I've loved it but now its a POS because its just internally F**KED

I never had an apple product and I do love the android system.....funny how I started this thread gung ho on the iphone 5 LOL

07JeepXK
10-31-2012, 01:03 PM
Get the iPhone!!!

Core XK
10-31-2012, 01:19 PM
Lol your biast!!!!!

07JeepXK
10-31-2012, 01:46 PM
Don't want to have to change the name of this thread. Lol

How am I biased? I had a droid last and now and iPhone and your talking about an even better iPhone than I have!

Core XK
10-31-2012, 01:48 PM
Lmao

I just love the big screens for browsing. We will see tonight!!!

Sal-XK
10-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Thanks man lol

Are any of your truck routes bad due to the storm?

Yup there pretty bad right now some worse then others. I ended up putting my truck in for repairs a few days early this storm made that decision real easy LOL I go back out tomorrow so I'm hoping if I stick to the main roads they will be clear of snow but some of our customers are deep in the mountains no highways near them at all so I'll just have to wait and see I guess. That reminds me I was suppose to call and see if my truck was done today LOL

Adondo
10-31-2012, 03:52 PM
I visualize the current Apple CEO swinging a pocket watch... "You're getting sleepy, sleeeeeepy. Buy iphone. Buy iiiiiiii phonnnnnne"

Then hundreds of zombies shuffling in a queue at iPhone stores everywhere: "I... phone. Ayyyyyyyyyy phonnnnnnnnnnnne" with their arms held up stiff out front, al-lah old Bela Lugosi movies. :)

Just sayin' :) :) :)

Sal-XK
10-31-2012, 04:06 PM
I visualize the current Apple CEO swinging a pocket watch... "You're getting sleepy, sleeeeeepy. Buy iphone. Buy iiiiiiii phonnnnnne"

Then hundreds of zombies shuffling in a queue at iPhone stores everywhere: "I... phone. Ayyyyyyyyyy phonnnnnnnnnnnne" with their arms held up stiff out front, al-lah old Bela Lugosi movies. :)

Just sayin' :) :) :)

LMAO ah the haters :D I said this before its like a ford vs chevy argument if you think about it your not going to win the argument. I like my Iphone I've had three of them my daughter has a good smart phone 3d and all the bells and whistles. But once you're use to a certain interface and layout others just don't feel right. Does Iphone have major PITA problems or intentional blocks you bet but it does so much so well I guess you just put up with it.

Core XK
10-31-2012, 05:57 PM
Yup there pretty bad right now some worse then others. I ended up putting my truck in for repairs a few days early this storm made that decision real easy LOL I go back out tomorrow so I'm hoping if I stick to the main roads they will be clear of snow but some of our customers are deep in the mountains no highways near them at all so I'll just have to wait and see I guess. That reminds me I was suppose to call and see if my truck was done today LOL

Well stay safe man!!

Core XK
10-31-2012, 06:00 PM
LMAO @ Adondo

Sal, you are right its all preference. I am so use to Android that the IOS6 just feels weird lol.....

I ended up buying the Galaxy S3 in blue, and I LOVE it so far. I need some opinions for (2) cases I like below!

I am going for a leather with the blue phone. I like to be different lol...

http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Leather-Masstige-Heritage-Series/dp/B008PGK66Y/ref=sr_1_102?ie=UTF8&qid=1351706732&sr=8-102&keywords=brown+leather+case+for+galaxy+s3

http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Luv-Tuff-Shell-Western-Leather-Samsung/dp/B008NAUTLE/ref=sr_1_147?ie=UTF8&qid=1351706839&sr=8-147&keywords=brown+leather+case+for+galaxy+s3

P.S. can we change the title of this thread? lol "Galaxy S3 Wins"

07JeepXK
10-31-2012, 06:11 PM
I have ios6 on my phone

DetroitMarauder
10-31-2012, 06:18 PM
GS3 WINS!!!!

They started making the GS3 in amber, brown, and black too. Hope you didn't want one of those. I went with the white.

Edit:
I went with this cover: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087GANO2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
Obviously it's clear so it shows the white color. It's a hard silicone cover. Helps with gripping and doesn't slide too much.

Core XK
10-31-2012, 06:27 PM
GS3 WINS!!!!

They started making the GS3 in amber, brown, and black too. Hope you didn't want one of those. I went with the white.

Edit:
I went with this cover: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087GANO2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
Obviously it's clear so it shows the white color. It's a hard silicone cover. Helps with gripping and doesn't slide too much.

No I wanted the blue because its different, and I love the way it looks....its a very faint blue

Core XK
10-31-2012, 07:35 PM
I am also thinking of this case w/ screen protector for a totally different look.

I am going to spend a week deciding on a case.....

http://www.amazon.com/Urban-Armor-Gear-GLXS3-COMP-BLK-VP-Composite/dp/B008EPW2AE/ref=sr_1_37?ie=UTF8&qid=1351689680&sr=8-37&keywords=Galaxy+S3+cases

WITH

http://www.amazon.com/EverydaySource-Definition-Mirror-Protector-Samsung/dp/B008CMCIF8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351737195&sr=8-2&keywords=mirror+screen+protector+galaxy+s3

07JeepXK
11-01-2012, 05:45 AM
I changed the title for you

Core XK
11-01-2012, 06:00 AM
Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Matt
11-01-2012, 06:39 AM
My S3 was supposed to come Monday but obviously UPS brought their trucks back! I'm hoping today or tomorrow....

Core XK
11-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Nice to hear from you man. I sent you texts!!

Im loving the gs3

Matt
11-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Well the fire dept barricaded my street today because there's a downed power line... So UPS couldn't make it down my street.

Those UAG cases looks pretty cool. Order one yet? That might be a good case to get until the waterproof version is ready!

Core XK
11-02-2012, 11:08 AM
Well the fire dept barricaded my street today because there's a downed power line... So UPS couldn't make it down my street.

Those UAG cases looks pretty cool. Order one yet? That might be a good case to get until the waterproof version is ready!

I ordered one of the brown leather ones. I want to see if I like that look w/ the blue phone. The UAG case will be my next if I don't like this. I hope you get yours soon! its an amazing phone lol

Matt
11-02-2012, 11:11 AM
I ordered the white UAG case. Figure it would sort of match my Jeep too since I got the red GS3. :)

Core XK
11-02-2012, 11:16 AM
I ordered the white UAG case. Figure it would sort of match my Jeep too since I got the red GS3. :)

haha good then I can check the case out next time I see you :P

Matt
11-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Got my GS3 today. Happened to be outside when the UPS guy was coming down my street so I walked down to where the barrier is and he gave it to me :cool:

Already have my screens, sounds, etc all setup.

Core XK
11-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Got my GS3 today. Happened to be outside when the UPS guy was coming down my street so I walked down to where the barrier is and he gave it to me :cool:

Already have my screens, sounds, etc all setup.

Nice man!! I love it so much and I'm glad I chose this over the I-phone. I love customizing the phone to my liking. The 4.8" screen is really nice when on forums/web browsing!!

Matt
11-02-2012, 06:44 PM
I downloaded Chrome browser and synced it with my desktop browser. Works great!

Core XK
11-02-2012, 07:12 PM
I downloaded Chrome browser and synced it with my desktop browser. Works great!

Whats the deal w/ Google Chrome? what is it lol

Matt
11-02-2012, 07:15 PM
It's an internet browser (just like IE)... but with a few different features. Give it a shot.

I log in with my gmail account and it syncs the bookmarks/tabs/etc with the chrome browser on my phone. I also use the gmail address book to store all names/emails/phone numbers & addresses; then once i log in with my phone all of the contacts are there.

Core XK
11-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Thats pretty sweet, ill check it out.

Core XK
11-03-2012, 08:38 AM
"Hill Climb Racing" is a game worth checking out when your bored and its only you and your phone lol

Im addicted

JumpmasterRT
11-03-2012, 04:09 PM
I've had Android devices since the Incredible came out and I've NEVER wanted an iPhone. I like Apple as a laptop or home computer for it's simplicity but the iPhone never appealed to me. Maybe it's the programmer in me but Android just seems easier to use and program for.

My S III is by far the best Android I've ever owned and personally I think it's better than my friends iPhones.

Core XK
11-03-2012, 04:48 PM
I've had Android devices since the Incredible came out and I've NEVER wanted an iPhone. I like Apple as a laptop or home computer for it's simplicity but the iPhone never appealed to me. Maybe it's the programmer in me but Android just seems easier to use and program for.

My S III is by far the best Android I've ever owned and personally I think it's better than my friends iPhones.

Yeah I think its definitely all about personal preference. People who have had the I-phone from the start are totally for it and will never purchase anything else, and it goes the same way for Android users; I too have always had an Android phone so I am so use to the system. However, the changes with the I-Phone 5 definitetly appealed to me but after really playing with the live phone I just hated the IOS system and had to get the GS3..

Matt
11-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Played with the phone some more today and really like the features of ICS; so much though that I can live with the stock launcher on this phone (had to download LauncherPro on my Galaxy S).

One feature I really like is the app folder. So instead of filling screens & screens with apps, Im only running a few main screens and one of them has a "tools" folder and a "games" folder. Makes finding things much easier.

I just have to figure out how to edit the apps in the lock-screen shortcut and I'll be good.

Core XK
11-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Played with the phone some more today and really like the features of ICS; so much though that I can live with the stock launcher on this phone (had to download LauncherPro on my Galaxy S).

One feature I really like is the app folder. So instead of filling screens & screens with apps, Im only running a few main screens and one of them has a "tools" folder and a "games" folder. Makes finding things much easier.

I just have to figure out how to edit the apps in the lock-screen shortcut and I'll be good.

Cool man, let me know if you figure anything else out lol there's a lot in these phones.

I only play a few games so I have a screen dedicated to them. I love having one screen dedicated to the nice big calender widget! its sweet.

Matt
11-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Yeah i have a screen dedicated to the calendar widget as well! Do you use gmail calendar? I have mine, my wifes and our facebook calendar synced so I see everything on that one screen.

I have another one dedicated to Emails with the gmail widget so I can preview, another screen dedicated to multimedia, and then the last one with Apps (where the folders come in handy).

Core XK
11-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Yeah i have a screen dedicated to the calendar widget as well! Do you use gmail calendar? I have mine, my wifes and our facebook calendar synced so I see everything on that one screen.

I have another one dedicated to Emails with the gmail widget so I can preview, another screen dedicated to multimedia, and then the last one with Apps (where the folders come in handy).

No I don't use Gmail calender but thats great you sync'd everything. I love the capabilities of these phones lol thats why you feel lost without it!

Matt
11-03-2012, 06:02 PM
I gotta get you to drink the koolaid dude... gmail contacts & gmail calendar is the way to go!

Core XK
11-03-2012, 06:15 PM
I gotta get you to drink the koolaid dude... gmail contacts & gmail calendar is the way to go!

Do you use Gmail as your primary email? right now my important email is my Comcast email. The only reason I made a Gmail was for when I first got my GS1

Matt
11-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Yeah... i only have two email accounts. Gmail is my primary and is basically myname@gmail. My other one is an optonline email that doesnt have my name in it... that ones used for situations where I dont want people to know my name (like craigslist adds).

By using gmail to organize your contacts, you never have to transfer the #s to your phone. Once you sign in to your gmail account with your android phone all of the contacts are linked.

Core XK
11-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Yeah... i only have two email accounts. Gmail is my primary and is basically myname@gmail. My other one is an optonline email that doesnt have my name in it... that ones used for situations where I dont want people to know my name (like craigslist adds).

By using gmail to organize your contacts, you never have to transfer the #s to your phone. Once you sign in to your gmail account with your android phone all of the contacts are linked.

Isn't that another form of backup assistant w/ Verizon? when I bought the GS3 I transferred my contact in the store in about 2 minutes from backup assistant

Matt
11-03-2012, 07:11 PM
manufacturers have methods to transfer contacts... but i like the fact that my contacts are not part of my phone or phone service. I could change from AT&T to Verizon to T-Mobile and it wouldn't matter since my contacts aren't affiliated with any of their services.

Core XK
11-03-2012, 07:13 PM
aah okay I got you now. I have been meaning to eventually switch emails just because if you do not maintain a comcast account your email goes bye bye :P

Although I cannot survive without Comcast during baseball season

JumpmasterRT
11-04-2012, 06:21 AM
I gotta get you to drink the koolaid dude... gmail contacts & gmail calendar is the way to go! I'd be lost without these. This is another reason I prefer Google over Apple.

Every phone upgrade was as easy as entering my email address at setup. It never skipped a beat and I didn't have to back up ANYTHING. (well, I didn't HAVE to, but I backed up some SMS).

Matt
11-04-2012, 06:49 AM
Exactly. I put all of my contacts in my gmail contact list..... phone numbers, addresses, email addresses. It took me almost 20 minutes explaining to my wife "why" I had gmail contacts that had phone numbers but no email addresses. lol took her a while to comprehend that its really just an online address book, like the paper ones our parents (or some of you guys lmao) had.

cabledog25
11-04-2012, 06:51 AM
This is the phone that im looking at upgrading to when i get back to the states, unless a newer android comes out by then.

Core XK
11-04-2012, 01:52 PM
They are probably already in production of the Galaxy S4 :P

cabledog25
11-04-2012, 06:54 PM
LOL well i guess ill be better than yall :P

Matt
11-06-2012, 05:21 PM
The UAG case came today! Overall very happy with it. Only complaint is the screen protector was a bit damaged (creased)... so it took some work to get it on and theres one section you can see, but only when the screen is off.

For $24, i'd recommend it. Can always get a different screen protector...

Matt
11-12-2012, 05:39 PM
I turned on my Samsung Galaxy S today to do a factory reset since im now fully up to speed on my new phone. Wow.... its funny how small and slow the phone felt. I remember when i first got it and it was the best thing since sliced bread, but the S3 makes it feel like a huffy compared to my gary fisher mtb :p

Snapped a screenshot of my GS3 too

06JeepXKHEMI
01-03-2013, 06:39 AM
Alright I bit the bullet and bought the Galaxy sIII last week gets here today.. What type of things can I expect from this and what type of apps/mods are a must?

Matt
01-03-2013, 07:13 AM
Google Chrome browser, Accuweather, dropbox, photobucket.

The standard calendar is pretty good.

06JeepXKHEMI
01-03-2013, 07:14 AM
I wish there were a TUJ app

Matt
01-03-2013, 07:32 AM
I use the browser.... I tried using tapatalk but dont like the chrome browser better, especially for looking at multiple forums.