PDA

View Full Version : Delay when shifting to D

06JeepXKHEMI
10-31-2012, 05:52 AM
As the title states I have the infamous delay once shifting into D when its cold. Ive been reading its something to do with a cracked tranny filter??? I know this is a common problem but I have two questions.. 1) Will this cause long term damage if not fixed immediately and 2) What is cost of repair considering I dont have tools to do myslef?

07JeepXK
10-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Our vehicles are known for this issue. I'm willing to bet your filters are fine. What happens is when your XK sits all the fluid drains out of the torque converter. When you start your XK in the morning, let it warm up for a few minutes. Then when you shift out of park to either reverse or drive, give it an extra second before you step on the gas.

When i replaced both filters and fluid on my trans it still continued to do it. But I now let it warm up and wait an extra second before romping on the gas

06JeepXKHEMI
10-31-2012, 09:11 AM
Yea I dont hit the gas anyways but Ill keep that in mind, doesnt have any other issues

Sal-XK
10-31-2012, 10:52 AM
Yup mine does the same thing so I also let mine warm up before shifting.

Core XK
10-31-2012, 11:15 AM
Mine does it and its a 2010 so they didn't correct the issue. I also let it warm up and never hit the gas once I shift (majority of the time)

johnr
09-17-2013, 09:24 AM
i have noticed this in the past and have seen it in other vehicles but the other day i hit the gas and it shifted right into 3rd gear and stayed there until i shut it off and restarted. it thru up a code but have not had a chance to have it read yet. anyone else have this happen?

07JeepXK
09-17-2013, 11:03 AM
i have noticed this in the past and have seen it in other vehicles but the other day i hit the gas and it shifted right into 3rd gear and stayed there until i shut it off and restarted. it thru up a code but have not had a chance to have it read yet. anyone else have this happen?

Probably the shift solenoid in the transmission. It's located right above the valve body. My buddy just had to replace his and he was having the same issue. He has an 06 hemi

johnr
09-19-2013, 12:18 PM
so i got the code read, PO700. from my understanding it is a no discript code for the trans. the next day the light went out and i have not had any other issues so far. is this a sleeping fault that will return or just a fluke? on a side note i just had the thing re flashed for the recall on it droping into neutral about a month ago

07JeepXK
09-20-2013, 05:59 AM
And that is why I haven't taken my jeep in for the recall