PDA

View Full Version : RPMs drop when i come to a stop

brand0n
11-18-2012, 09:23 AM
When i come to a stop the rpms go way down almost to the piont of engine stall. anyone have this issue or any ideas. oh yea, you guys were right the trans filter o-ring thingy was a pita to get out.

Matt
11-19-2012, 03:55 AM
MAP sensor may be on its way out.... no codes?

brand0n
11-19-2012, 09:55 AM
no codes. getting worried about her,she needs to last me till the summer. i have the rr 2" and am ordering shocks and a bunch of other stuff but of coarse with my luck there will be catastrophic break down before the summer when i plan to install everything. after dropping pan twice and doing the plugs im physically and emotionally invested (blood,sweat,and tears)

Matt
11-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Dont stress about it man.... catastrophic failures dont exist on well maintained vehicles. Hell you could've got a bad tank of gas...

If there arent any codes, just keep your eye on it and see if there are any changes. If a sensors going bad, it'll let ya know soon enough. If its the MAP sensor you'll probably get a rich or lean DTC from the o2 long before it dies on ya.

What plugs did you put in it?

duneslider
11-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Have you cleaned the throttle body? Pretty simple to do. I am sure there are even write ups on it.

brand0n
11-19-2012, 12:19 PM
@ duneslider cleaned the throttle body,i made sure not to mess with the connector attached to it.
@matt i used the champion copper plugs.
going to order a complete set of service manuals....can't hurt

duneslider
11-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Another cause for this is a vacuum leak. These can be a pain to find sometimes but a vacuum leak can cause this too.

Matt
11-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Spray around the intake seal and vacuum lines with carb cleaner.... if you hear the rpm increase you've found the leak.