PDA

View Full Version : Fritchie15's Garage

fritchie15
12-02-2012, 09:41 PM
And so it begins...

Not a great picture as it was a gloomy weekend here in MI, but this is what currently sits in my driveway:

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/12/IMG_0274-1.jpg

The object of my affection is obviously the commander at the moment. Its an 06 limited with a 5.7l and QD II. Bought it completely stock except for the Mopar tubular grill guard with the off road lights. Nice little touch as this already sets mine apart from the other commanders driving around town.

My plans as they currently stand:

2" Lift - Debating between RC & RR. Maybe OME, I don't know.
Airaid MIT
SA Sliders
New rubber - maybe some DuraTracks or BFG AT's
Front, belly, and differential skids

The list is in its infancy and it will be growing I'm sure. I'll be checking things off my wish list slowly, but I'll get there. I'm not 100% sure where to start, I think I'll get the lift on 1st, then see what follows.

LWM
12-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Nice driveway :)

Matt
12-03-2012, 04:23 AM
Lookin good! I like the list... definitely Duratrac over bfg at though.

06JeepXKHEMI
12-03-2012, 06:42 AM
Definitely Duratracs, I have my BFG ATs, cant wait for my MTRs to come in!!

stites-xk
12-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Nice xk

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BonesWK
12-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Looks good man - if you can afford it go with the OME over the rest. I love my RRO lift, but I would def. go OME if I had to do it over again.

cabledog25
12-03-2012, 09:01 AM
looks good and i agree with matt go with duratracs, i got them on my XK also

Sal-XK
12-03-2012, 09:28 AM
If you have the cash the OME would be the best way to lift the XK on a budget.

pjmjr508
12-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Looking great.

AS everyone says Go OME for the lift if you can afford it.

07JeepXK
12-03-2012, 03:17 PM
OME and Duratrac's!!!

fritchie15
12-03-2012, 07:24 PM
You guys weren't lying. I see how this is going to go. The lift is going to be the first thing to go on but I just booked a trip to Jamaica. So yeah...

Sal-XK
12-03-2012, 07:49 PM
You guys weren't lying. I see how this is going to go. The lift is going to be the first thing to go on but I just booked a trip to Jamaica. So yeah...

no excuses buddy!

BonesWK
12-03-2012, 08:10 PM
once you get lifted they will back off some, but you dug your own grave when you created a build thread :)

fritchie15
12-05-2012, 07:44 PM
once you get lifted they will back off some, but you dug your own grave when you created a build thread :)

Well I'll try to climb my way out but might just end up a bit deeper :) Despite everyone's recommendation, after mulling it over and doing some research I am going to go with the RC lift to get things started. I'd be lying if I said the $760 price tag wasn't a factor. Additionally I want to keep the ride as close to stock for now. Along with, or shortly after the lift install I'll probably put on some Monroe load levelers. Definitely leaving the option open for a OME hd kit down the road.

Matt
12-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Thats the same thing I did man. RC lift is a great start. With the money you saved you can get a lot of skids. ;)

06JeepXKHEMI
12-06-2012, 06:23 AM
Nice man, any idea on which tires you are going with? Id go Duratracs or Silent Armors if you are going AT, dont go BFGs AT!! Looking forward to seeing this set up

BonesWK
12-06-2012, 06:37 AM
I have heard nothing but good things about the RC lift, it should treat you well.

Glad to see another enthusiastic owner on here!

pjmjr508
12-06-2012, 11:42 AM
I currently am running the RC BB lift, happy with it just wish I had the OME HD system tho.

07JeepXK
12-06-2012, 04:44 PM
I started out with a 2 inch spacer lift and hated it. Then upgraded to the Old Man Emu lift and absolutely love it. Save yourself the hassle and just go with the Old Man Emu right from the start. I wish I could go back about 4 years, I would have built my Jeep the right way the first time!

fritchie15
12-06-2012, 09:25 PM
Thats the same thing I did man. RC lift is a great start. With the money you saved you can get a lot of skids. ;)

My thought exactly.

Nice man, any idea on which tires you are going with? Id go Duratracs or Silent Armors if you are going AT, dont go BFGs AT!! Looking forward to seeing this set up

Once I wear down these tires I'll be replacing with Duratracs.

I started out with a 2 inch spacer lift and hated it. Then upgraded to the Old Man Emu lift and absolutely love it. Save yourself the hassle and just go with the Old Man Emu right from the start. I wish I could go back about 4 years, I would have built my Jeep the right way the first time!

What was it you hated about the spacer lift?

07JeepXK
12-07-2012, 08:07 AM
A few things. I didnt like the ride quality of the spacer lift or how the Jeep had body roll around corners. For some reason I was constantly replacing front struts that would go bad after less than 6 months of being installed. Didnt get as much lift out of the spacer lift compared to the Old Man Emu lift. The rear end squated with any kind of weight which was fixed with the OME HD springs. It also stopped the body roll around corners since the coils have a higher spring rate. Most members who are currently running the OME lift had a spacer lift prior.

criket
12-16-2012, 03:10 PM
A few things. I didnt like the ride quality of the spacer lift or how the Jeep had body roll around corners. For some reason I was constantly replacing front struts that would go bad after less than 6 months of being installed. Didnt get as much lift out of the spacer lift compared to the Old Man Emu lift. The rear end squated with any kind of weight which was fixed with the OME HD springs. It also stopped the body roll around corners since the coils have a higher spring rate. Most members who are currently running the OME lift had a spacer lift prior.

I agree with everything that he said. I had a spacer lift first and now I have the OME lift (at least in the front). I plan to finish the rear soon.