PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Winch

06JeepXKHEMI
12-05-2012, 08:34 AM
After I complete my true duals Im going to tackle the front bumper as I mentioned awhile back but I wanted to see if anyone has done a hidden winch set-up like S4xC mount? May ponder on doing a hidden set up incorporated into the bumper mod I do, but I want it completely hidden under bumper cover. Chime in guys I know there are some good ideas out there

Matt
12-05-2012, 09:03 AM
I believe Jon was trying to incorporate this idea in his steel front bumper design.... not sure how far along it got though. The concept was to have his winch mount for the bumper be something that could be sold separately and installed under the stock bumper skin.

06JeepXKHEMI
12-05-2012, 09:31 AM
that is what Id be interested in, a steel bumper I just cant justify spending 1k+ on front or rear bumpers. I figure while Im at the step of modify the bumper why not complete everything in one step over a period of time

hoaxci5
12-05-2012, 10:02 AM
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/omelets-hidden-winch-build-1225413/

If you have questions Nathan is on facebook, and he's a super nice guy.. I wheeled with him a few times when I lived in Cali.

Matt
12-05-2012, 10:08 AM
He has an account here too but doesnt post much.

pjmjr508
12-05-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm working on the same thing and Jon has a bracket that the winch will need to sit on in order keep it completely hidden. The bracket is used where the frame will have to be cut to get everything fit.

LWM
12-05-2012, 02:24 PM
I have a hidden winch in my current bumper, the mount platform should work with the plastic bumper but I don't have a donor to test it on.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

06JeepXKHEMI
12-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Man I may move right next door to you! hahaha I work from home and dont need my XK for small periods of time so we can get things made!!!

LWM
12-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Man I may move right next door to you! hahaha I work from home and dont need my XK for small periods of time so we can get things made!!!

That would be so cool, I need some motivation to keep going too.

I never thought I would need my old plastic bumper so I gave it waway and now I need it to test fit the parts.

06JeepXKHEMI
12-05-2012, 03:51 PM
I plan on buying an extra front bumper to do my bumper mod, Ill be more than willing to buy it, ship it to you for test fitting off hidden winch mount and when you're done you can send it with my new mount!!??!! hahaha