PDA

View Full Version : Photos Needed

LWM
12-30-2012, 09:37 AM
I need photos of you installing Steel Armadillo products as well as many with the completed project.

Customers are requesting photos and my XK is so chopped up that it is not the best platform for showing what the products look like on a normal XK or WK.

Sal-XK
12-30-2012, 02:27 PM
I did a write with pics and video of your sliders. Feel free to use what ever you need.

Matt
12-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Want me to make some installation instructions for the rear bumper when it gets here? :)

LWM
12-30-2012, 10:38 PM
Want me to make some installation instructions for the rear bumper when it gets here? :)

Certainly.

What I need right away is anyone with front skid photos.

AJeepZJ
01-01-2013, 01:03 PM
only ones I know with those are Nathan and I THINK Dave. I'm sure there are MANY pics of the Sliders, Console, and bumpers at this point.

Cobrakillerta
01-06-2013, 10:48 PM
This is probably a result of me bugging Knappster for pics of the front skid mounted up haha

I'd definitely like to see some, I'll then most likely post my 4XGuard front skid and go this route.

LWM
12-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Okay... The new web site is almost done and will launch within a few days. I would like as many photos as I can get of Steel Armadillo products on your vehicles to put in the gallery.

1USMC
12-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Jon,

I have posted a few photos under Supporting Vender's in the Steel Armadillo section. I think I have a thread somewhere else with pictures of your sliders.

Can you pull any of them off the forum?

You can have, if you need it, my permission to use any I have posted.

Matt
12-03-2013, 04:52 PM
I've been anxiously waiting to be able to participate in this thread ;)

LWM
12-03-2013, 05:29 PM
Jon,

I have posted a few photos under Supporting Vender's in the Steel Armadillo section. I think I have a thread somewhere else with pictures of your sliders.

Can you pull any of them off the forum?

You can have, if you need it, my permission to use any I have posted.

Thanks! I will look for them.

LWM
12-03-2013, 05:30 PM
I've been anxiously waiting to be able to participate in this thread ;)

Soon! :) Heading out as soon as I can get a ride to the shop to pick it up.

1USMC
12-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Thanks! I will look for them.

Try these two... and perhaps the last one if there are any trail photos you may like.

http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php?1866-My-Steel-Armadillo-Rear-Bumper-and-my-Mod-s

http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php?2015-My-Steel-Armadillo-Super-Sliders-finally-installed-!!!

http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showthread.php?2362-Texas-Spur-Jeep-Jamboree-March-2013

Matt
12-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Jon any post-primer pictures of the bumper? :D

LWM
12-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Jon any post-primer pictures of the bumper? :D

No bare metal shots, I did take several yesterday with primer, I will try to get they posted up today.

Matt
12-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Just saw the primer shots on your website.... I can't wait to get that thing on!

Curious what you came up with for the latch, looks like a quick release pin hole?:confused:

LWM
12-07-2013, 11:04 PM
Just saw the primer shots on your website.... I can't wait to get that thing on!

Curious what you came up with for the latch, looks like a quick release pin hole?:confused:

Threaded "T" handle

Matt
12-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Gotchya. I'll have play with that a bit to get a latch back on there so it serves daily operations a bit better (opening/closing a lot, operated by wife, etc).

I'll try to preserve the T-handle and use it as a back-up or as an additional feature to secure the rack for offroading/road trips/beach driving/etc.

LWM
12-08-2013, 10:29 AM
Gotchya. I'll have play with that a bit to get a latch back on there so it serves daily operations a bit better (opening/closing a lot, operated by wife, etc).

I'll try to preserve the T-handle and use it as a back-up or as an additional feature to secure the rack for offroading/road trips/beach driving/etc.

Sorry about that, didn't know you opened the back often or I could have come up with something else. If you come up with something let me know and I can change future designs. The design on mine comes open when driving down the road.

Matt
12-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Yeah being our daily driver / family hauler / sports / beach / grocery getter vehicle that hatch is open & closed a lot! lol

No worries man, i have a few ideas in mind. I'll try to make it something that can be added to your current setup without any design changes on your end.

LWM
12-08-2013, 09:43 PM
I'll try to make it something that can be added to your current setup without any design changes on your end.

That would be cool!

lekmedm
12-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Damn, this is getting exciting!

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.