PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Roof Rack Cross Bars

WanderingTs
01-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Life has changed for me since I have been more active on the forum. Part of that change has meant more bodies in the XK when wheeling. This forced much of the other "stuff" that needs to go along onto the roof. I guess I overloaded the factory cross bars. They now bend down towards the roof instead of up. They also bang the roof when hitting a bump. I guess I exceeded the weight limit, probably when I couldn't reach and ended up standing on the rack. OOPS :mad:

I can't believe the price on factory cross bars, and Yakima/Thule are not much better.

So for all you guys out there who have come up with custom racks etc, do any of you want to sell (or donate :rolleyes:) your now unused crossbars to a worthy cause?

Thanks.

LWM
01-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Life has changed for me since I have been more active on the forum. Part of that change has meant more bodies in the XK when wheeling. This forced much of the other "stuff" that needs to go along onto the roof. I guess I overloaded the factory cross bars. They now bend down towards the roof instead of up. They also bang the roof when hitting a bump. I guess I exceeded the weight limit, probably when I couldn't reach and ended up standing on the rack. OOPS :mad:

I can't believe the price on factory cross bars, and Yakima/Thule are not much better.

So for all you guys out there who have come up with custom racks etc, do any of you want to sell (or donate :rolleyes:) your now unused crossbars to a worthy cause?

Thanks.

How about $50 plus shipping?

And I will expect to see you at the Ultimate Jeep Summit :)

pjmjr508
01-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I have some cross bars as well if you need them.

Matt
01-03-2013, 04:51 PM
I have some cross bars as well if you need them.

Split them up. Sounds like WanderingTs can use a 3rd load bar for support and I bet Corey would take the other one...

pjmjr508
01-03-2013, 06:40 PM
fine with me

WanderingTs
01-07-2013, 03:44 PM
I will take them!

Jon....PM sent....

As for the Summit, I try every year....but gas $$ is killing me. With the roof loaded I am getting less than 10mpg. Makes just getting there and back a wallet breaker.

pjmjr508... If you have two, a spare never hurt anyone. PM me a price.

pjmjr508
01-08-2013, 05:07 PM
so replied to the pm for the one for wonderingT, so did you want the other one cory? If so the same as it was for T 25.00 plus shipping.

pjmjr508
01-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Since no reply from cory on this, I am going to sell both cross bars to WonderingT.

Matt
01-11-2013, 02:21 PM
I sent him a text the other day.... thought he would've responded to the thread by now

LWM
01-11-2013, 02:52 PM
Shipped two to wanderingTs today.

WanderingTs
01-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Thanks again Jon. Payment sent. I don't use paypal much so PM me if there is any problem.

pjmjr508 - pm with info sent and thanks to you also.

This is why this forum ROCKS! Not only is it access to a wealth of knowledge, but everyone is willing to take time out of their lives to help others.

Core XK
01-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Sorry i forgot you texted me to check this out lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2