PDA

View Full Version : Certified warranty coverage ?

JBenn911
01-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Greetings! Apparently I have the dreaded transmission cooler line leak (not terrible, just a bit wet right now)..I've been trying to find out if it would be covered under the certified warranty (6/80k power train, according to jeep.com when I registered my vehicle). It will be going in soon for new rotors on front brakes soon, so I could have my buddy's shop do it, but the 150 deductible seems like a good price to pay if its covered.. Thanks !

Jim

Matt
01-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Not sure if that'll count under warranty... but if they do it at the shop do me a favor and ask them what they had to do to get the lines in. Not sure if you saw my thread, but I couldn't snake the lines in. I was going to have to remove the radiator and drop the exhaust; so I cut the rubber lines off and used hose/clamps to fix it.

And just a side note... the front brakes on these vehicles are cake to do. Some basic tools and you can swap your pads/rotors in 30 minutes.

JBenn911
01-07-2013, 05:49 AM
I wasn't sure either...and I did see your post.. Doesnt look like fun.. I may just have my buddy's place do hose and clamps for me.. worked for strip cars, I'd imagine it would work fine for the Jeep too ;) Time is a problem for me, Matt.. Weekends have been taken up finishing up the cleanup and demo work at my parents house. My buddy will take the Jeep to his shop in the morning, do the work and bring it back to me when it's done. Otherwise, I'd be all over it.. Haven't done a thing to a car since I sold my Buick :(

Matt
01-07-2013, 07:43 AM
I hear ya about not having enough time... For the next 2-3 months my Monday and Wednesday nights and all day Saturdays I'll be at a highschool where I mentor a robotics team, Thursday nights I have my masters class, in between that and work i have to find my own time to take care of my family, do homework, fix my jeep (still cant figure out this damn popping noise), etc.... Being a 'busy body' sucks sometimes, but hell i get a lot done and don't feel guilty when I have an hour to sit on my ass and drink a beer or coffee :cool: (like right now, I took a vacation day to get some stuff done before heading to the highschool tonight)

my buddy lost his house and his parents house (both in Little Egg Harbor) so I've been there a few times and there's so much work to do. So hopefully things are moving along for your parents.... i know how bad some places were hit down there.

For the trans lines hose/clamps should will work just fine. They're not very high pressure lines or anything, just the stock crimped fitting suck.... you'll probably notice your hydraulic fan line leaking next (mine is), but at least that one is more easily replaced!

If you were close i'd help ya knock out those brakes and put back a 6 pack while talking jeeps.