PDA

View Full Version : Salisbury, NC

LWM
01-10-2013, 06:51 AM
I will be flying into Charlotte and then driving to Salisbury on January 30 (Returning the 31st) if anyone in the area wants to meet up for dinner or something.

criket
01-10-2013, 10:29 AM
The heck you in Salisbury for? That's about an hour away from me. And 30 minutes for URE but they are closed for the winter.

BonesWK
01-10-2013, 01:41 PM
wanna drive down to the beach??? haha, its a ways away though

LWM
01-10-2013, 03:35 PM
wanna drive down to the beach??? haha, its a ways away though

Extradition. Have to fly in and pick up a prisoner. We usually fly in the day before and then grab the bad guy and fly back the next morning.

The_War_Wagon
01-11-2013, 06:08 AM
I'm FROM Salisbury (7 generations, in fact)... I just work & live in Pittsburgh. :p

Prisoner extradition, eh? Anybody I know? :rolleyes:

While you're there, talk to the locals & get directions - either go to Hap's for lunch (about a block up from the courthouse), or College Barbeque - about 4 miles from the courthouse, out near Catawba College. Haps has the best hotdogs on God's green earth (don't forget to put the dip on 'em! ;)), and College Barbeque has the best hickory-fired, pit-cooked barbeque in all the land... although I'm slightly biased, as I ate there for years, before working there while in hi skrool ('83-'85).

Sounds like a crappy detail, but try to enjoy the scenery (it's changed a lot in the 17 years since I moved away, I know), and remember - it USED to be GOD'S Country... before New Yawk & New Joisey bankers discovered it, 20 years ago... :(

BonesWK
01-11-2013, 06:44 AM
I'm FROM Salisbury (7 generations, in fact)... I just work & live in Pittsburgh. :p

Prisoner extradition, eh? Anybody I know? :rolleyes:

While you're there, talk to the locals & get directions - either go to Hap's for lunch (about a block up from the courthouse), or College Barbeque - about 4 miles from the courthouse, out near Catawba College. Haps has the best hotdogs on God's green earth (don't forget to put the dip on 'em! ;)), and College Barbeque has the best hickory-fired, pit-cooked barbeque in all the land... although I'm slightly biased, as I ate there for years, before working there while in hi skrool ('83-'85).

Sounds like a crappy detail, but try to enjoy the scenery (it's changed a lot in the 17 years since I moved away, I know), and remember - it USED to be GOD'S Country... before New Yawk & New Joisey bankers discovered it, 20 years ago... :(

That looks like pretty good intel right there.

All I know about Salisbury is its where Food Lion is HQ'ed I think. Only because I used to work at one while in HS and College

criket
01-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Def get some bbq while you are around Salisbury and Lexington. I'd come down but that's an hour or more on a week nite.

AJeepZJ
01-11-2013, 07:19 PM
I drove through Salisbury last weekend, actually, omw back to ft benning. Missed ya y about 24 days, lol.

The_War_Wagon
04-26-2013, 03:57 AM
I don't think you ever gave us an after-action barbeque report! :rolleyes: