PDA

View Full Version : The Nation We Live in

BonesWK
01-15-2013, 07:19 AM
So a couple of buddies and I went to go see Zero Dark Thirty ( great movie from what I have seen). Interesting when I say what I have seen right?

Well we were through about 85% of the movie, and all of a sudden the emergency alarm goes off. I say emergency alarm because that what is says now, not a fire - but an emergency. Instantly I think WTF is going down. I grab my blade that I carry all the time and have it ready.

What has it come to? I mean 5 years ago we would have just thought oh well a fire drill or something like that... now its like OK what is happening and how can I defend myself.

I dont have a CCW permit and never really thought I wanted one, but last night really made me think about getting one. (not that I could carry in the theater legally anyways).

Just stuff to think about, something that really came out of nowhere for me.

06JeepXKHEMI
01-15-2013, 07:25 AM
Things are crazy right now man, I completely agree! I think everyone should think about personal safety and protecting themselves. As our horrendous, limit the power of the people gov't passes stricter gun laws, we as citizens are going to be less effective against criminals and terrorists, in addition less effective in over throwing an unjust gov't. I know I may sound ridiculous to some, but remember how we won the Revolution, militia and the 2nd amendment was put in there so we can have a "well regulated militia" and have the means "to over throw an unjust government". just thought to consider. Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts..

LWM
01-15-2013, 07:27 AM
Our policy is to carry 24/7, I was not always good at that but I do carry far more now than ever before.

06JeepXKHEMI
01-15-2013, 07:31 AM
Our policy is to carry 24/7, I was not always good at that but I do carry far more now than ever before.

Jon, its scarey in NY with the new legislation. Whats more, NY is the hardest to get a CCW and doesnt honor any other states license. But those who dont abide by the laws have the ability to do as they please with no way for us to protect ourselves..

The_War_Wagon
01-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Jon, its scarey in NY with the new legislation. Whats more, NY is the hardest to get a CCW and doesnt honor any other states license. But those who dont abide by the laws have the ability to do as they please with no way for us to protect ourselves..

Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6... :(

I carried in NC LONG before they got CCW - I didn't get my first permit 'til I was 32, but I've had one ever since. I'm a big guy, so I'm partial to carrying a 1911, mainly because I can... but i also have a couple of pocket .45's & a Taurus 605... just so I can pocket carry even on a moment's notice, if necessary.

06JeepXKHEMI
01-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Damn, you carry a 1911?!?!? Definitely a guy Id want on my side, hand cannon!!

BonesWK
01-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Funny how posting this story on FB has changed things... Im tentatively going to take the CCW course on Jan 27th!

06JeepXKHEMI
01-15-2013, 10:21 AM
Thats a great idea!

JustinS
01-15-2013, 11:13 AM

As is mine, even when I was in AZ between christmas and new years.

Core XK
01-15-2013, 11:32 AM
I have my CCW and I only carry when I am going into a location that gets me on edge (Philadelphia has many of these). I only carry a Ruger SR9 (9mm). I don't find it necessarry to carry a high caliber handgun for every day carry. The power of a 9 and even a .22 will protect you when needed.

I do not carry all the time but I understand why people do.

BonesWK
01-15-2013, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I mean Im still really on the fence if I really NEED a CCW permit, let alone carry a gun all the time. I would mainly keep it in my jeep.

Though having a CCW makes it easier to purchase a handgun, so im still on the fence if I should drop the $80 permit + $40 (private discounted class) or not. Didnt mean for this to turn into a CCW discussion but it seems it has gone that way!

JustinS
01-15-2013, 12:01 PM
I have my CCW and I only carry when I am going into a location that gets me on edge (Philadelphia has many of these). I only carry a Ruger SR9 (9mm). I don't find it necessarry to carry a high caliber handgun for every day carry. The power of a 9 and even a .22 will protect you when needed.

I do not carry all the time but I understand why people do.
Carry whatever is comfortable for you, for me that is the 1911, as it is the handgun I can shoot the best.

hoaxci5
01-15-2013, 12:19 PM
I got my permit because I figured it would never get any easier but only harder as time goes on to get one. I say do it, hell I got my when I was living in CA which didn't even honor the permit I got (non-resident UT) just so I will hopefully have an easier time getting my resident permit now that I actually live somewhere..

06JeepXKHEMI
01-15-2013, 12:43 PM
I want to get it but cause I live in NY but not a resident I can not get one as the dont issue them to non residents and do not accept any other states. Personally if I could I would, wish this country could get it together and have a uniform license with proper backround checking and have the license valid throughout the country and Id even be ok if it would change in your larger matro areas, like NYC, LA, MIA etc...

BonesWK
01-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Im going to attend the class, figured why not. Plus I will learn a bunch of Info and that would be worth the 40 bucks alone.

Since I dont have a gun, im going to borrow a friends to go to the class with.

pjmjr508
01-15-2013, 05:27 PM
Better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6... :(

I carried in NC LONG before they got CCW - I didn't get my first permit 'til I was 32, but I've had one ever since. I'm a big guy, so I'm partial to carrying a 1911, mainly because I can... but i also have a couple of pocket .45's & a Taurus 605... just so I can pocket carry even on a moment's notice, if necessary.

I have 2 main ones I carry
Springfield GI Champ Mil Spec 4" 1911 or a H&K Full Size USP 40.
Happy with both. If I am not at work, I will have one of them with me at all times. I am not going to give someone a chance to harm my family or me if I have something to say about it.

brendon
02-04-2013, 09:36 PM
I don't carry as often as I should (should be always! If I knew when/where something bad was going to happen I could just avoid it...) but I have been carrying a lot more lately. I NEVER travel without at least one.

Kimber Tactical Ultra - 3" 1911 either open carry in a Galco Paddlelite holster or concealed in a Galco Kingtuk. Either a Ruger LC9 or LCR for light summer carry.

The_War_Wagon
02-05-2013, 05:22 AM
Kimber Tactical Ultra - 3" 1911 either open carry in a Galco Paddlelite holster or concealed in a Galco Kingtuk. Either a Ruger LC9 or LCR for light summer carry.

Mini-Kimbers are nice. I have an Ultra Covert II. Would never have shelled out three & a half bills for the laser grips, if they hadn't come as party of the package!

BonesWK
02-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Mini-Kimbers are nice. I have an Ultra Covert II. Would never have shelled out three & a half bills for the laser grips, if they hadn't come as party of the package!

That is a BA gun.

Going to submit my paperwork for my CCW tomorrow. The course was great, and I encourage anyone to take it, or even a general handgun/gun course.

Going to get an XD9 or 40 Subcompact for car/carry - Shot the fullsize and fell in love with the feel. Going to try a friends 40 subcompact next weekend to see how the little frame feels.

hoaxci5
02-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Personally I can't comfortably conceal a fullsize xd9, I'm 6'3 200lbs, normally wear a tshirt/jeans and I felt like I was printing all the time. It's great when I would wear a jacket though..

BonesWK
02-07-2013, 09:47 AM
Personally I can't comfortably conceal a fullsize xd9, I'm 6'3 200lbs, normally wear a tshirt/jeans and I felt like I was printing all the time. It's great when I would wear a jacket though..

yeah I was thinking XD subcompact for whatever I carry 9 or .40

07JeepXK
02-07-2013, 10:12 AM
I can conceal my sub compact Walther p99 .40 in shorts and a wife beater and you would never know I have it on me.

superacerc
02-08-2013, 04:17 AM
I can conceal my 4" 44mag pretty easy. Hope that'll be enough stopping power. Lol.

I was carrying mostly my .357mag or cz82 but since I bought this (my alaskan bear gun) im actually enjoying carrying it. Im leaving the .357 at home for my wife filled with 125grn 38+p and im using a 165grn 44special jhp round in my carry gun till the ammo supply comes up, or I can find some 200grn jhps.

I just picked the 44 up yesterday, fit the crimson trace grips to it, bore sighted the grip to 10-15yds and threw it in a holster and took the kids to the icecream store. Already had the ammo and holster since it uses the same ones as my .357.

I carry everywhere except federal property and the few places outlined in TX law that are off limits, and feel for you guys in NY that aren't allowed to fully practice the 2nd amendment.