PDA

View Full Version : Jeep is GONE!

Sal-XK
01-25-2013, 04:28 PM
Well, short story is Jeep is gone! I know its kinda sudden and I've said nothing about.

Long story is I decided to start my own business. Now to do this I needed to buy a really expensive truck plus operating costs and stuff like that. I have the capital saved up that I needed to get me off the ground but I know I didn't want to use it all getting a truck so I needed to use credit and capital. The fact is I needed the equity in the jeep and also needed the credit it had tied up as well. Now I struggled with this for awhile now trying to figure out away to keep my Jeep. But in the end financially I just had to do the right thing. My jeep days are not over just put on stand by for awhile. My new truck is for work and obviously way to big to off road and I have no intention of doing so either LOL I have some pics of the new rig and you truck guys know how expensive this things are. I found a 2012 F350 left over so I saved some money there for sure. It took awhile to find it I stopped at two places that sold the ones they had before I could get there. I searched a 300 mile radious of my house and was surprised how fast these things sold only found 1 2013. It has every option possible heated and cooled seats just all the bells and whistles its a really nice truck. Anyway I got a contract pulling loads out of Indiana to start and will be going to all the states as well as Canada.

Anyway here are a few pics of the new rig.
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/01/photo252032520252822529JPG-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/01/photo25204JPG-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/01/badgeJPG-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/01/insideJPG-1.jpg

I'll still be around popping in as much as I can I just won't have a Jeep for awhile. :(

hoaxci5
01-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Nice! I'm in the market for it's little brother :)

Matt
01-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Hey man best of luck with the new business!!!

Hopefully we'll see you back in a jeep soon enough.... and now you have a great tow rig :cool:

hoaxci5
01-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Need that XJ back

Matt
01-25-2013, 04:35 PM
I know where one's for sale....

Sal-XK
01-25-2013, 04:56 PM
True at least now I can get just a trail rig and have no issues pulling it :cool: But it will have to wait of course until I recoup some of this money I just spent :eek:

Matt
01-25-2013, 04:58 PM
So i gotta know....what did they say about taking the XK as a trade in? lol

Didn't happen to take the sliders off did you?

Erk469
01-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Good luck with the new business...nice rig too!!!!

Matt
01-25-2013, 05:14 PM
I wonder if anyones cruised around in an F350 with the doors removed......

Sal-XK
01-25-2013, 05:16 PM
So i gotta know....what did they say about taking the XK as a trade in? lol

Didn't happen to take the sliders off did you?

Nope I didn't take anything off the jeep I couldn't bring myself to tear it apart. Besides hopefully the next dude will be all setup and find this place I left some cards in the jeep and of course all the stickers on the windows. They didn't really say much about it they ran the vin gave me an offer I told them there nuts and what I would take and the agreed LOL I've purchased a few cars from this place the guy who runs it now we were actually his first sale years ago. So I told him no BS on this I needed a deal and he made it happen for me.

Sal-XK
01-25-2013, 05:18 PM
I wonder if anyones cruised around in an F350 with the doors removed......

LMAO I hope not!. The only mods being done to this will all be MPG based and that's it I swear!

Matt
01-25-2013, 05:18 PM
:D

hopefully the next dude will be all setup and find this place I left some cards in the jeep

Awesome!

Google the VIN once in a while. They'll probably send it to auction and it'll end up in another state; you should be able to find the "last" dealer listing before it sells by just searching the VIN #.

ItsMeKO3
01-25-2013, 05:20 PM
If not then Sal has to be the first!

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

The_War_Wagon
01-26-2013, 06:55 AM
Hate to see my first doorless XK go, but I UNNERSTAN'...

My fear is, once my Ramcharger is up and running, my wife is gonna make me get rid of my Jeep! :eek: Not that I wouldn't mind another Grand Marquis again for the occasional road trip - and Lord knows I miss the 7mpg BETTER gas mileage around town. It's just that my daughter wants to MARRY Jeep-truck when she grows up! :p

06JeepXKHEMI
01-26-2013, 08:03 AM
Sal, best of luck on the new business, sucks you had to get rid of that rig you built!! Another one will come along..

LWM
01-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Well if you ever pull a load to AZ let me know. And I can still get you upgrade parts for that vehicle too. :)

pjmjr508
01-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Good Luck with the new Start up.
Let me know if you go thru WA, have you over for dinner or something.
Too bad that you had to sell off the XK, but understand why.

criket
01-26-2013, 05:26 PM
Just like Matt said, you got an awesome tow rig now. But we all understand where you are at and why you sold the Jeep. Truth is, 90% of us on this board will be there one day too.

Best of luck with your business. I'll have you to haul my jeep around just to rub it in, LOL.

Matt
01-26-2013, 05:32 PM
So Sal.... how much would it cost to tow my XK out to MOAB?? :)

Sal-XK
01-26-2013, 06:26 PM
Hey man best of luck with the new business!!!

Good luck with the new business...nice rig too!!!!

Hate to see my first doorless XK go

Sal, best of luck on the new business, sucks you had to get rid of that rig you built!! Another one will come along..

Well if you ever pull a load to AZ let me know. And I can still get you upgrade parts for that vehicle too. :)

Good Luck with the new Start up.
Let me know if you go thru WA, have you over for dinner or something.
Too bad that you had to sell off the XK, but understand why.

Just like Matt said, you got an awesome tow rig now. But we all understand where you are at and why you sold the Jeep. Truth is, 90% of us on this board will be there one day too.
Best of luck with your business. I'll have you to haul my jeep around just to rub it in, LOL.

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the well wishes. It's a big risk for me to say the least I got pretty nervous on Tuesday when I handed my truck back into my work and quit my job LOL Now I have a little time to put this truck together and get it ready for some work. I'll have to take some pics of the adventure and pop in from time to time. I will say this, I should have a better opportunity to meet some of you this way so expect some PM's as roll around the country :D something I could never do in the big truck.

Sal-XK
01-26-2013, 06:26 PM
So Sal.... how much would it cost to tow my XK out to MOAB?? :)

Probably enough to make you fall out of your chair LOL

LWM
01-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Looking forward to seeing you on "Shipping Wars" someday :)

Matt
01-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Probably enough to make you fall out of your chair LOL

Figured we could work out a deal...... get 4+ east coast XK/Wk'ers to meet in NC, throw all the vehicles on a car hauler that you'll tow to MOAB and then do some wheeling. C'mon sounds like a blast dont it? :cool:

Sal-XK
01-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Looking forward to seeing you on "Shipping Wars" someday :)

No I actually need to make money LMAO I got a gig pulling for a company out of Indiana there my main and only customer right now but its enough to keep me pretty busy while I dig up some more customers.

Figured we could work out a deal...... get 4+ east coast XK/Wk'ers to meet in NC, throw all the vehicles on a car hauler that you'll tow to MOAB and then do some wheeling. C'mon sounds like a blast dont it? :cool:

For you Matt I'll make you an offer you can't refuse LOL although 4 XK's would put me over weight :eek:

Matt
01-26-2013, 09:05 PM
lol hey i never did get to buy you that beer i promised when you retired...

07JeepXK
01-27-2013, 07:25 AM
Just noticed this thread. Kinda sucks you got rid of the XK but you gotta do what you gotta do to support the family. I'm sure ill be making a thread like this soon as my jeep will be paid off next month. But that's only if I find the exact Hemi XK I'm looking for

06JeepXKHEMI
01-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Adam theres a white one just like Matts at my buddies place, just sayin.. Sal if you're up around upstate NY let me know and Id DEFINITELY be in for a trip to MOAB, as soon as I get sliders next month!

Core XK
01-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Best of luck with your new business man. I know you will have a trail rig post some day soon.

Oh and the F350 is sweet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Lt_JWS
01-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Never saw this coming... Its a sad day for Xkers! Good luck with the new business and new truck!

Matt
01-27-2013, 07:34 PM
I'm holding out hope that the new owner finds their way to TUJ..... c'mon you know they're going to google search "wtf happened to my front bumper?" !!

Sal-XK
01-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Never saw this coming... Its a sad day for Xkers! Good luck with the new business and new truck!

I know it was a struggle to say the least.

I'm holding out hope that the new owner finds their way to TUJ..... c'mon you know they're going to google search "wtf happened to my front bumper?" !!

Well, I left enough clues for them so unless the dealer finds the cards and dumps them then strips all the stickers off the window they should find there way. Although if they do they might not be happy once they see what the jeeps been through LOL

Matt
01-27-2013, 08:04 PM
lmao im sure whoever buys your jeep will be fine knowing what you've done.... it shouldnt be a surprise after seeing the cut bumper, sliders, bed linered rockers/flares/bumpers, etc.

1USMC
01-27-2013, 08:52 PM
Good Luck and if you ever find yourself down here in SE Texas, you probably got lost.. so let me know.. I'll be glad to help get you going in the right direction again !!

ScorpionCrawler
01-29-2013, 12:26 PM
WOW, I've been gone for a few days.
Nice new rig, and I'm sure you'll be comfy travelin the states in that.
Congrats on your new business opp and good luck.

stites-xk
01-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Good luck Sal! I dig the new Ford!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

AJeepZJ
01-29-2013, 06:17 PM
Sucks to see your XK go, but I understand you have to do what's best for you in the end. Good luck with the business, Sal.

Sal-XK
02-09-2013, 12:23 PM
After a lot of work and finger nail biting quitting my Job and spending oodles of money LOL it all came together and I pulled my first load last week. I pulled a 36' camper from IN to NC. This truck handled it with no issues at all in fact coming threw the mountains it pulled this thing up the hills in 6th gear never needed to even down shift once and the trans staid a cool 196 degrees :D I have a conversation going with a horse trailer manufacturer right now as well so keeping my fingers crossed with that. If anyone is curious bone stock empty I ran 21 MPG to IN and loaded I ran 11 MPG. Now keep in mind that's threw the mountains loaded, cruising on 40 eastbound in slight hilly conditions I pulled in 15.5 MPG and that's loaded.

So keeping with tradition pics or it didn't happen :)
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/02/photo25202JPG-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/02/photo25201JPG-1.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/02/photo25204JPG-1.jpg

LWM
02-09-2013, 12:36 PM
They weigh a lot more covered in snow :)

Sal-XK
02-09-2013, 12:54 PM
They weigh a lot more covered in snow :)

I felt bad for the people behind me as I went south and it melted off they all had there wipers on LMAO

AJeepZJ
02-09-2013, 03:50 PM
As much as I hate to sy, that tuck is pretty awesome... BUT, I can't wait till your towing your trail rig behind that thing. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sal-XK
02-09-2013, 04:04 PM
As much as I hate to sy, that tuck is pretty awesome... BUT, I can't wait till your towing your trail rig behind that thing. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Me too! I might just have to find a XK I can really cut up since I won't need to drive it on the road :D

criket
02-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Awesome Sal!!! If you haven't lready, I'd put a nice CB in that truck since you'll be traveling over the road a lot. Plus you could make some trucker friends, lol.

pjmjr508
08-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Well your rig is back, there is a guy that joined the XK/WK page of facebook that I belong to.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=542018135867348&set=gm.598838833472480&type=1&theater

Matt
08-13-2013, 03:13 AM
Sweet!!

paroxysym
08-14-2013, 07:47 AM
hows business??

Sal-XK
08-17-2013, 06:30 AM
I encouraged the guy to sign up here but guess he never did. Not sure if he realized how many people would recognize BAM BAM! LOL Business is busy at least I'm not taking to many days off. Getting ready to roll out to CA right now. It's funny I never had any desire to go there now it's my second trip there this month LOL that's if I don't get lost in Vegas :)

LWM
08-17-2013, 09:58 AM
I encouraged the guy to sign up here but guess he never did. Not sure if he realized how many people would recognize BAM BAM! LOL Business is busy at least I'm not taking to many days off. Getting ready to roll out to CA right now. It's funny I never had any desire to go there now it's my second trip there this month LOL that's if I don't get lost in Vegas :)

Stop in Phoenix sometime and we can grab lunch or something.

Sal-XK
08-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Stop in Phoenix sometime and we can grab lunch or something.

For sure I'll give you a call when I make it down there.

I finally made it to the promise land! But without a jeep:(
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/08/6u9ese2u-1.jpg

indymtb
08-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Hey, I hope your new biz is going well. If you are hauling out of Indy, MOAB is definitely a haul as I just returned last week. Your 350 is a beast. Best of luck to you.

paroxysym
08-20-2013, 12:17 PM
i have to admit the truck looks great. so in essence youre a "hot shotter"?

Sal-XK
08-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Yea I pull out of Indiana and it is a haul to the west coast for sure. Last week I left my house in NC went to Indiana then to Oakland CA then back to Indian and back to NC all in one week.

I'm not really a "hot shot" although that term has been used to describe any 1 ton pulling commercially. The term really belongs to the 1 ton trucks pulling in the oil fields. They get priority loads of parts needed to get to rigs in the middle of nowhere. Pretty much rig is down lots of money being lost get the parts there no matter what. And after eeing some of these roads and temperatures out here they deserved the term "hot shot trucker"

paroxysym
08-21-2013, 11:09 AM
GOTCHA, thanks for clarifying... so how many miles have you put on the new truck already?

Sal-XK
08-21-2013, 11:55 PM
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/08/adazy6e6-1.jpg

07JeepXK
08-22-2013, 02:31 AM
You have 102,000 miles on that new truck already??? Or am I missing something

paroxysym
08-22-2013, 10:55 AM
You have 102,000 miles on that new truck already??? Or am I missing something

was wondering the same thing- 7mons, 102k on the truck? i know i changed my oil in my CRD every 15k, and they werent cheap

Sal-XK
08-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Your reading that correctly I have about 104000 on it now LOL and I change my oil twice a month minimum sometimes I change it once a week. I'm also on my second set of tires as well. So when I say I've been busy you can see I ain't exaggerating. I'm going to get a bypass oil filter system and start doing oil samples instead of blindly changing oil by mileage that should save me some money.

07JeepXK
08-24-2013, 12:45 PM
That truck will go for 400,000 miles if serviced properly

Sal-XK
08-25-2013, 05:53 AM
That truck will go for 400,000 miles if serviced properly

I'm hoping for 500000. I put $200 a week in my maintenance fund and follow the severe duty schedule. I'm hopping to save up and at least get the EGR system taken off the engine. That should really help it last longer.