PDA

View Full Version : F'd up Relationship

cabledog25
02-13-2013, 08:21 AM
So for yall that dont know im currently deployed to Afghanistan. well ive been with my GF for 4 years now we was talking about getting married after i get back home. well a few weeks ago she just flips out and blockes me on facebook/ changes her number and moves. told me she cant handle the stress!!! like WTF!!! well i gave her a few days to cool off and then i talked to one of her friends and now apparently she is with somebody else already. I guess it shows me she couldnt handle to be a military spouse.

sorry guys just had to vent.

hoaxci5
02-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Military relationships are hard, I was on the other end since it was my wife that was active duty. Best wishes man, but if she's already with someone else I can only figure it would have happened sooner or later, meaning there has to be a better woman out there for you.

Matt
02-13-2013, 08:27 AM
Hey man im really sorry to hear that. One of the sacrifices that our military makes that isnt as apparent to some.....

I have a close friend who's an Air Force pilot and would like to start a family but its near impossible for him to meet women, let alone find one willing to commit to the military spouse lifestyle.

cabledog25
02-13-2013, 08:34 AM
Yeah guys im trying to keep my head up got my friends helping me out, and yeah all i got to say is im ready to get to germany already LOL. and yeah its difficult to find a faithful woman while in the military that not after the "money" or benifits. Thanks guys

The_War_Wagon
02-13-2013, 08:38 AM
A woman who can't appreciate a committed serviceman... isn't MUCH of a "woman"...

Doesn't ease the hurt in the short term, I know. I could tell you a GREAT story about a girl I almost married 20 years ago, who dumped me 10 mos. before the wedding; she ended up "getting hers"... ;)

cabledog25
02-13-2013, 08:42 AM
Yeah thats true.

But on the upside now i got more time and money to spend on the XK :D

after all she is my #1 Lady LOL
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2012/09/photo22-1.jpg

07JeepXK
02-13-2013, 08:46 AM
Sorry to hear that bro. Keep your head up!!

06JeepXKHEMI
02-13-2013, 08:54 AM
Wow man, sorry to hear that! Its really unfortunate to have to be thousands of miles away when something like this happens but as everyone else said its probably for the better. At least you didnt get married and find out years down the road it wouldnt work, youre still young and have plenty of time to find someone else.

I agree with what Matt said though, its one of the many sacrifices our armed forces give up, but it does take a strong individual, man or female, to maintain a relationship or family while being miles apart for months on end and kudos to those who can do it and are willing...

Keep your head up, return home safely and move forward with your life!! Thanks again for your service bro

stites-xk
02-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Sorry bro!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cabledog25
02-13-2013, 09:21 AM
Thanks alot guys, thats one of the main reasons i posted up here, is cause i know how close everybody. I know ill be okay it just hurts cause i never though she would ever do something like this but like everbody says aparently she wasnt the ONE for me, and i know ill find somebody that will be able to handle this life. Thanks again everbody, this truly shows how close our TUJ family is

Matt
02-13-2013, 09:31 AM
Ya know this is the perfect time to buy something cool for your XK to make you feel better..... consider it a therapeutic purchase. :)

cabledog25
02-13-2013, 09:48 AM
LOL ive already got 4.10s and a no slip sitting at my sisters house, and then ill be getting a rola rack, and OME HD lift and who knows what else haha

1USMC
02-13-2013, 11:24 AM
Hang in there !!

My long time girl friend sent me a “ Dear John” letter . (before cell phone’s and skype LOL ) while I was on my first deployment overseas. After many letters back to her and even after I got back to the states I couldn’t salvage the relationship. I know now that was actually for the best.. But you couldn’t tell me that at the time !

From then on every time I went on deployments my GF’s would be long gone by the time I got home. Then one day I returned and my GF was still there ! Takes a special person ( as mentioned above) to put up with a military members life style.

This lady got my attention!

Now 26 years later we are still married.

So there is hope ! Enjoy working on your Jeep in the mean time!!

LWM
02-13-2013, 12:07 PM
I know it is a difficult time being away from family and friends but hang in there and know that we are puling for you. It may be hard to accept today but it is better that you learned the kind of person she is now then a few years down the road when you are married or even have children. The fact that she has already moved on is a clear indicator that she moved on long before now. The sting will be short lived and you will land on your feet and eventually meet a nice young lady who deserves you. We are all here for you!

My bride to be dumped me when I was away in the Air Force for my best friend. They deserve each other and I did much better.

pjmjr508
02-13-2013, 04:50 PM
Very sorry to hear this, as everyone had said so far, you will be better off in the long run. Thanks for serving & hope you do find a good girl that will be there for as you deserve.

You are part of a tightnit jeep family that will be here for you.

AJeepZJ
02-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Very sorry to hear about the relationship. But, focus on you. Get back home safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DetroitMarauder
02-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Sounds like her erratic behavior might have been guilt for seeing someone else behind your back.

Keep your head up and remember that beautiful silver lady waiting for you back home will never talk back to you, abandon you and LOVES to get dirty. :D

cabledog25
02-13-2013, 09:11 PM
LOL yeah thanks alot guys im alot better this morning than what i was last night, i spent all night talking to one of my good friends and she helped me thru alot of stuff including this. and yes im keeping my head up and focusing on getting back home safe.

lekmedm
02-13-2013, 09:37 PM
The fact that she has already moved on is a clear indicator that she moved on long before now.

^^^^^^ What he said. It sucks for now, but in reality, you dodged a bullet. Keep the faith, bro.

Sal-XK
02-14-2013, 10:51 PM
I know I'm late to this thread but being a senior NCO I wanted to tell you that you're much better off finding out at this point. I've had watch to many relationships go down hill thats for sure. One thing I can tell you is if you decide to move on and not linger on this situation I guarantee you will be better off. My soldiers who couldn't let go had the issues and the ones who decided it was for the best and just let go did the best in the long term. Embarrass your fellow soldiers they will get you threw and that don't mean go get piss drunk and in trouble either. The right one will come along at some point just be patient.

cabledog25
02-15-2013, 07:43 PM
Well a little update, ive been pretty good these past few days, mainly been busy on finishing up work out here and starting to order stuff for the XK. but i would like to give a big thanks to all of yall on here, between yall and my friends out here ive been able to keep my head up and focus on me, which is Number one priorty for me at this moment. but thanks again everyone for being here for a fellow, this truly shows how close of a group of guys we have here.

Core XK
02-21-2013, 12:32 PM
Hey bro,

I havnt been on much lately but I am reading through the threads. Sorry to hear about your gf and everything that happen. The guys on here already said it all. Your young just like me, focus on you right now and the right woman will come along. Your doing a great thing for our country and the right woman will know and appreciate it every day.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2