PDA

View Full Version : The Book of Eli

LWM
08-07-2010, 03:50 PM
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/08/TheBookofEliPoster-4.jpg

I have a blockbuster membership and have them send me most new movies, some I like and others I do not. I had not heard of this movie and was pleasantly surprised.

In a post-apocalyptic America where the once-picturesque countryside has become a desolate and violent wasteland, one man (Denzel Washington) fights to protect that sacred tome that could hold the key to the survival of the human race in this futuristic thriller from filmmaking duo Albert and Allen Hughes (From Hell and Dead Presidents). Gary Oldman, Mila Kunis, and Ray Stevenson co-star in the Warner Bros. production.

I would say this movie is worth watching and in a scale of 1 to 5 I would rate it around a 3.5 to a 4

cico7
08-07-2010, 05:50 PM
I would agree. A good movie, not great. A rental.

NeilSmith
08-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I liked it for the most part. I thought it got a little hokey with the whole " bad guy running the town " thing. I would like to watch it again to catch the little details though. You might want to check out " The Road ", another post apocolyptic story and pretty damn good. And one of my favorites along the same line, " Children of Men ".

Sal-XK
08-08-2010, 07:02 AM
I thought it was a good movie as well.