PDA

View Full Version : Stalled, anyone else have this happen?

duneslider
02-18-2013, 01:50 PM
So, I was taking the wife out on Valentines and as I was pulling into my parking spot the commander stalled. Engine just shut off, no lights, no codes. Had to put it in park and restart. I think this happened once before but it's only happened the one time for sure that I know of. Just curious if this is a known Commander issue. I ask this because it was a known issue with the Wrangler and my JK had the issue. It ended up being a computer issue and once chrysler figured it out a flash cured it.

I also know that chrysler has had some issues with torque converters not unlocking and stalling when slowing to a stop.

However, since the pcv system on chrylers is so poor I could see the oil in the intake causing issue with the map, egr, tps, etc and these could potentially cause a low speed stall too.

Just curious what you all know. Other than (my opinion) poor gas mileage (11mpg), the 5.7 runs smooth and without issue. Just replaced plugs too.

Thanks for your time

Bryan

Matt
02-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Might want to check this out:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/manufacture-date-stalling-vehicles-only-1466753/

06JeepXKHEMI
02-19-2013, 06:14 AM
Mine sometimes had stalling issues when cold in reverse but turns out I wasn't giving enough time for torque converter to fill with fluid causing the stall, not sure what your issue may be since you're driving forward etc.. if you're getting 11mpgs I suggest researching a tuner I get 12.8-13.4 city and recent Rausch trip 16.8 highway. I know these HEMIs are sensitive to fluid levels, start there..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2