PDA

View Full Version : OEM control arms

paroxysym
02-19-2013, 01:01 PM
so i am revamping my suspension in the next 10k as she has rolled 100k and she has developed a pop in the front end and my front bilsteins have about 40k on them. also the 1" lift looks right up my alley as she is and will continue to only be my DD.

i am looking at my UCAs and im wondering whats the best replacement? i looked on rockauto and i did NOT see any on there. is it just the bushing that eventually wears on these? is that replaceable? ive seen mevotech or whatever makes replacement UCAs, but i am wondering if MOOG does? or am i wasting money on replacing my stockers at 115k(probably the time ill start replacing everything for the 1"). i cant see blowing $450+ for JBAs or RRO. when im not lifting her. should this maybe be in the maintenance section? thoughts?

thanks guys. how many miles have you gotten out of your stockers?

Matt
02-19-2013, 01:11 PM
I know Dorman makes them too. Not sure about Moog...

The upper balljoints are more common for failing then the bushings. If your balljoints arent bad id wait until you tear the suspension down for the lift.

BonesWK
02-19-2013, 01:42 PM
I know Dorman makes them too. Not sure about Moog...

The upper balljoints are more common for failing then the bushings. If your balljoints arent bad id wait until you tear the suspension down for the lift.

How do you tell if your ball joints are wearing? Any noises/symptoms while driving to look for?

I too will be doing this in the near future either with RRO or OEM style. I have 102k on my stockers probably 55k while lifted

Matt
02-19-2013, 01:47 PM
Jack the tire off the ground from as far outboard as possible on the LCA then push/pull the tire while holding the 6 and 12 o'clock positions. Can also tap on the UCA with your hand (hammer fist) and listen for any knocking in the joint.

06JeepXKHEMI
02-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Hoping mine last til summer, then JBAs are going in

07JeepXK
02-19-2013, 04:20 PM
Hoping mine last til summer, then JBAs are going in

Nice!! Love my JBA's!!!!