PDA

View Full Version : If my XK had a crotch, I'd kick it !!!!!

brand0n
02-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Well...this morning it went into limp mode and got the P0700 code. Just when Im able to start doing the lift and tires ,this happens. This whole day in class has been a waste, im investigating what the code means and what i can do to fix it on-line, when im supposed to be paying attention to lectures.

06JeepXKHEMI
02-20-2013, 09:29 AM
Its a general transmission fault.. Did a google search and it can range from low fluid level, a filter thats out of place or the notorious torque converter failing.. When was the last time transmission was serviced? Start with easy, cheap fix and go from there..

Matt
02-20-2013, 09:41 AM
P0700 is a generic PCM DTC that just informs you there is a DTC(s) in the TCM. Which, like Andrew said, could range from anything transmission related.

In other words P0700 is equivalent to seeing a check engine light for the engine, but not getting the specific code. You need to hook up a scanner to read the DTC in the TCM. Not sure if the key dance will work. Do you have the Superchips Flashpaq? I believe that can read TCM codes...

brand0n
02-20-2013, 09:43 AM
thanks 06. guess i need to go buy a scanner. i did the filters twice about 2 months ago. twice because the first time i left the o-ring on the pick up.

brand0n
02-20-2013, 09:47 AM
thanks matt. i want the flashpaq but with wife on maternity leave and me having clinicals 24/7, money is tight. prob just get a cheap one or have auto zone read the code.
once again thanks guys for putting up with the newbie

Matt
02-20-2013, 09:50 AM
I hear ya man. I'm not sure if a cheap DTC reader will work for TCM codes. I'd try to get the code read at an autozone before spending money on a reader. And save up for the flashpaq =)

brand0n
02-20-2013, 01:53 PM
P0841 Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch A Circuit Range/Performance
Anyone have this code? Worst part is trans was fine but wanted to do preventative maintenance (filters). i probably caused this
checked fluid and it was frothy on the stick

Matt
02-20-2013, 02:01 PM
Hey man.... it COULD be coincidental...

But here's the list of possible causes.

LOSS OF PRIME AND/OR TRANSMISSION CONTROL RELAY DTC PRESENT
LOW FLUID LEVEL
LOW LINE PRESSURE
REVERSE CARRIER SNAP RING DISLODGED
CRACKED OR MISINSTALLED PRIMARY OIL FILTER OR FILTER SEAL
STICKING MAIN REGULATOR VALVE IN PUMP VALVE BODY
NO. 1 CHECK BALL CUT OR DAMAGED
WIRING AND CONNECTORS
(T50) LR PRESSURE SWITCH SENSE CIRCUIT OPEN
(T50) LR PRESSURE SWITCH SENSE CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND
(T50) LR PRESSURE SWITCH SENSE CIRCUIT SHORT TO VOLTAGE
TRANSMISSION SOLENOID/TRS ASSEMBLY
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE

Since you did drop your pan twice, the 2nd time to fix the seal you messed up, I'd have to start there in thinking its related. Did you double gasket the filter that looks like an oil filter?

Did you hit any lines trying to screw with that PITA trans filter seal?

Hell.... like Andrew said in the first reply- did you properly refill your trans? check the fluid level again, when its hot, on a level surface, and in Park. (ignore the instructions on the dipstick).

redrockv8
03-13-2013, 09:40 AM
Well...this morning it went into limp mode and got the P0700 code. Just when Im able to start doing the lift and tires ,this happens. This whole day in class has been a waste, im investigating what the code means and what i can do to fix it on-line, when im supposed to be paying attention to lectures.\

Kick it in the tail pipe, Man I bet that'd hurt.
HG

The_War_Wagon
03-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Do you have leaky transmission lines? EVERYBODY else does... :mad: The plague of EVERY Commander... but NO recall... yet...

That's MY next fix... once the Ramcharger is paid off and out of hock from Monro Muffler!

07JeepXK
03-15-2013, 06:39 PM
My transmission lines don't leak :0)

The_War_Wagon
03-16-2013, 06:23 AM
My transmission lines don't leak :0)

That's it darlin' - now I REALLY hate him... :p

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

07JeepXK
03-16-2013, 12:33 PM
Haha however I do have a very slight rear main seal leak. Its not even a big enough leak to drip on the ground though.

superacerc
03-17-2013, 07:33 AM
The tombstone references are plentiful these days.

Good luck. It's almost always related to what you did last.