PDA

View Full Version : Front driveshaft play? (QDII/QTII)

Matt
02-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Poking around under my XK this afternoon I noticed some slight forward/back play in my front driveshaft. It's coming from the t-case output. The seal isn't leaking and can't remember if this play has always been there.

Would one of you QDII/QTII guys mind checking to see if your front driveshaft has any forward/backward play?

I know there's no yoke nut there so there's nothing to tighten up. I'll have to look at a schematic to see whats going on in there if its not normal.

07JeepXK
02-20-2013, 06:17 PM
I have the same play that you've mentioned. It's always been that way. When I was installing Andrews gas tank skid I checked and his is the same also

Matt
02-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Thanks man... lol i've been paranoid lately with my front suspension/driveline. Still got some noises im trying to track down.

On a side note, looked at that front yoke assembly and some play makes sense. It's only held in place by a lock ring so there's always going to be some play in that direction. I didn't want to say anything until someone confirmed that though. :)

07JeepXK
02-21-2013, 05:22 AM
I was always worried about the amount of play the driveline had. Always seemed a little excessive but I haven't had any issues.

The_War_Wagon
02-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Was at the dealer today, and they told me mine needed new U-joints. Of course, mine was at the front of the driveshaft, going into the axle. :(