PDA

View Full Version : Rino Lining the Rims?

pjmjr508
02-28-2013, 01:30 AM
I have seen the Moab's Plastic Dipped and Painted, and also Powder Coated.

But has anyone seen, or heard of anyone rino lining the moab rims? If so any good or bad need to know of?

Checking all options & it was a thought.

So what do you guys think?

T1RKaZz
02-28-2013, 01:39 AM
I've been wanting to try this I just think cleaning and keeping them looking black would be a pain

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Matt
02-28-2013, 05:27 AM
Not sure how the rubber will react to the heat + rotational velocity. .... throw a bunch of melted rubber on the side of your jeep?? I'd contact the manufacturer and try to get some specs (transition and melting temps), then use a infrared temp gun on your wheels on a hot day after some driving to see what they're at.

06JeepXKHEMI
02-28-2013, 07:48 AM
I Can't imagine it'd be a good idea, It's very hard the spray that stuff evenly and could cause balancing issues, not to mention the added weight..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

jjt250
02-28-2013, 08:04 AM
I think Omelet did it to a set of his Moabs but I think they might be his wheeling set...if you PM on JF I'm sure he'll respond.

lekmedm
02-28-2013, 07:45 PM
I wonder how much that Rhino liner weighs...

07JeepXK
03-01-2013, 09:02 AM
I think it would work fine if you got the tires re balanced. Just not sure why you would want to go that route.

pjmjr508
03-01-2013, 05:02 PM
a few different reasons;
There is a place close to me that will do for cheap, also I have got in touch with a friend that has a WK here in WA that had it done 3 yrs ago & still not had any chips or needing any patch work done on them. Also the person said that they have not had any type of issue with balancing them as well. I thought it would hold up better to just PDing or painting them. I have thought of PCing them as well.

Plus I kinda like the looks of Rino lining on it.

Still open to ideas on getting the rims done. I did buy 5 cans of PD but it has been way to cold to do it, plus I don't want to have to go back & touch it up.