PDA

View Full Version : NetFlix, Anyone using this service?

Sal-XK
08-08-2010, 07:02 AM
I have to tell you guys I just recently hooked both my PS3's up with netflix. It's awesome man for $9 a month you get unlimited streaming to your TV and computer. They have a pretty good selection of movies TV series documentaries all kind of stuff and it streams pretty fast as well takes seconds for a movie to start up. Check it out they give you 2 weeks free I was pleasantly surprised and will be keeping my membership going. Oh and you also get 1 disc at a time mailed to you if you want.

NeilSmith
08-08-2010, 10:17 AM
I thought it was a good movie as well. I have to tell you guys I just recently hooked both my PS3's up with netflix. It's awesome man for $9 a month you get unlimited streaming to your TV and computer. They have a pretty good selection of movies TV series documentaries all kind of stuff and it streams pretty fast as well takes seconds for a movie to start up. Check it out they give you 2 weeks free I was pleasantly surprised and will be keeping my membership going. Oh and you also get 1 disc at a time mailed to you if you want.

I have Netflix. I'm not too impressed with the selection. I didnt see a lot of new releases and as far as the older ones go, some are great movies and some are ones I've never heard of before. Maybe my main problem is that I'm not a big movie watcher to begin with so disregard anything I say. LOL !

Sal-XK
08-08-2010, 10:55 AM
My wife said the same thing about the streaming selection but the DVD mailing selection is pretty good. I'm using the streaming selection to watch TV shows I've never seen before and you get to watch a whole season as fast as you want. I'm also liking the documentary section its pretty cool.

LWM
08-08-2010, 03:39 PM
I created this new thead and moved the NetFlix discussion over here, I have been thinking about trying NetFlix so I am very interested in what others have to say.

My daughter has it on her PS3 so we do have it in the house but I have never used it.

Adondo
08-09-2010, 09:38 AM
I tried Netflix only a few months after it got started. I've been with them ever since... something like 8 years now. I also haven't stepped foot in a video store since.

jcoulter
08-09-2010, 07:09 PM
I've had them for a while now. $5, 1 at a time, 2 a month plan. I don't think they offer it anymore. We have a hard time watching those 2 dvd's as it is. I can't imagine having more.

I use the streaming for kids stuff mostly. There is always something there they will watch. Though we hardly use that.

All in all I like the service I've only had one or two bad discs and I had a replacement in hand within one day after reporting it to customer service. Speaking of customer service, they are one of the best IMO.

IamJEEP
08-10-2010, 04:25 PM
I've had Netflix for about three years now, I think it's worth every penny if you like movies and such. I havn't stepped into a Blockbuster since! I let my girlfriend take over the selections, oops what a mistake. LOL! Anyways, I don't think I will ever get rid of it anytime soon.

jcoulter
08-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Consumerist.com article. (http://consumerist.com/2010/08/netflix.html) Netflix "Watch It Now" Service Gets Access To Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM