PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a headunit?

BonesWK
03-28-2013, 06:58 AM
Long story short, I have a 2006 with the 6 disc radio with Sirius but NO AUX input. I had Sirius for 5 years but to cut some costs we ditched it this past year. Now im dying listening to regular radio and want to use my phone (not an Iphone)

Anyone recommend a decent headunit <150-200 bucks that has aux input and satellite connection (if I ever go back).

And is there any limitations to headunits working with my sirius antenna thats already installed?

It seems the OEM ones that have the Aux do not have the sirius input. Or maybe im wrong.

Any advice would be helpful - not going to purchase for a couple months, just doing some research.

Lt_JWS
03-28-2013, 07:13 AM
If you don't mind your factory unit there are a couple of options .... Im not sure if it takes the sirius input though....

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7000_PAC-AAI-CHY.html

http://pacificstereo.com/pie-chry04-aux-s.html?utm_source=google-products&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=google-products&gdftrk=gdfV2644_a_7c759_a_7c9104_a_7cCHRY04_d_AUX_ d_S&gclid=CMOMiO3Ln7YCFVGf4AodCisA8w

hoaxci5
03-28-2013, 07:57 AM
I have the PAC AAI-CHY (I'm pretty sure I'll doublecheck if you want it..) which does take the place of the SAT or VES. I used it in my XK to listen to Slacker from my phone. It worked great. XK is gone, so if you want it let me know and I'll dig through my parts bin in the shed and verify the model and we can work out a deal.. I had a 2007 XK with REC-NAV so it should be the same.

oleblue27
03-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Any Alpine head unit is great! or the higher end Pioneer head unit is good also!

pjmjr508
03-28-2013, 12:55 PM
I have the PAC AAI-CHY (I'm pretty sure I'll doublecheck if you want it..) which does take the place of the SAT or VES. I used it in my XK to listen to Slacker from my phone. It worked great. XK is gone, so if you want it let me know and I'll dig through my parts bin in the shed and verify the model and we can work out a deal.. I had a 2007 XK with REC-NAV so it should be the same.

Hey if Bones does not want it, I really could use it, I have been looking for something to give extra inputs & keep my Factory DVD Nav setup.

BonesWK
04-01-2013, 05:48 AM
Give it to pjmjr, Hoax. Im still figuring out what im going to do.

pjmjr508
04-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Give it to pjmjr, Hoax. Im still figuring out what im going to do.

TY Sir