PDA

View Full Version : Jumpoffjoe's Gun Locker

jumpoffjoe
04-24-2013, 10:17 AM
How cool is this! I found a gun forum on a jeep forum!

Well, thought you guys might like to see the latest additions to my locker. I recently picked up a late 70's Carl Gustav. This gun has the Husqvarna 1900 action on it. Husqvarna was purchased by the swedish state during this time and basically produced the Husqvarna rifles for a number of years. These actions are like butter. This one is chambered in .243. Its in really nice shape and shoots very well. I love those hold front sight hoods. I topped it with an older leupold scope, high gloss for that classy touch:D. You can't buy stock rifles this nice anymore. I also have a .270 and gradeIII 22-250 with this 1900 action.

The newest edition is my Compass Lake Engineering Varmint Rifle. This is an AR I had built by Compass Lake. It has 22" Douglas match barrel along with the giesel trigger. Chambered in .223 with a 1-8.75 rate of twist. I topped it with a Ziess 3-9. Its my latest coyote hunting rig. Not many rounds through it but it hammers. The target photo is from the day I sighted this thing in. If you guys are ever thinking of having one made, these don't cost much more than a "meat and potatoes" Rock River and they have some of the nicest lowers.