PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the Jodi Arais Trial?

LWM
05-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Downtown Phoenix is becoming a zoo, anyone watching the Jodi Arias Trial?

Matt
05-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Havent heard about it till just now..... she sounds crazy

The_War_Wagon
05-07-2013, 06:25 PM
Saw her story on "48 Hours" a couple months back. "Insane-in-the-membrane" comes to mind... https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/05/smileyshocked003-1.gif

LWM
05-07-2013, 10:05 PM
It is such a mess around the courthouse, I will be so glad when it is done. Right now we have dozens of news cameras all over and it seems every time we turn around we have a camera in our face.

06JeepXKHEMI
05-08-2013, 05:24 AM
Nothing disgusts me more than the media. I cant stand how they FEED on things and bend stories to make it over dramatic. Examply, every time there's a shooting they always ask, "Was the suspect using an assault rifle?".. shut up already! Can only imagine what you're dealing with Jon, GOOD LUCK!!

BonesWK
05-08-2013, 09:54 AM
I watch HLN when I get ready in the morning, so yes I have heard about it. It seems during the day all HLN covers is the trail in full detail.

Normally, HLN (Morning Express specifically) is pretty good to watch for like 15-20 mins in the AM because they catch you up on stuff happening even if a big story is going on, they cut to other news.

1USMC
05-08-2013, 01:49 PM
What a circus !

Well hopefully things get a little bit more back to normal for you now that a verdict of 1st degree murder has been rendered.

You will just have to get through all the sentencing procedures.

LWM
05-08-2013, 05:32 PM
A real Zoo today, now on to sentencing and the death penalty phase.

lekmedm
05-09-2013, 07:55 AM
A real Zoo today, now on to sentencing and the death penalty phase.

She doesn't deserve the death penalty...

That's letting her off too easy!!!

BonesWK
05-09-2013, 10:56 AM
She doesn't deserve the death penalty...

That's letting her off too easy!!!

Would you rather pay for her to live in a cell for the next 70 years?

Kill her I say, its cheaper.

LWM
05-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Her trial has cost us over two million dollars so far, tim eto stop spending money.

1USMC
05-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Her trial has cost us over two million dollars so far, tim eto stop spending money.

I don't believe I just Googled " tim eto " to see what it meant ... LoL... ;-)

Google knew it thought !! And I haven't even had a drink.. yet..

We all need the weekend to get here !

BonesWK
05-10-2013, 05:36 AM
And I haven't even had a drink.. yet..

We all need the weekend to get here !

amen brother

06JeepXKHEMI
05-10-2013, 07:18 AM
I personally havent followed this trial but Im no a fan of spending millions on useless people.. Call me insensitive, but rid this world of another nut job is exactly whats needed.

Adondo
05-10-2013, 11:50 AM
A casket and a funeral is a heckuva lot cheaper than housing someone for decades. As for the death penalty? If it was really that, then fine, But, it isn't: it's decades of keeping someone on death row, endless appeals, etc. etc. etc. that ads up to megabucks over time.

And the media? The old way was do a little digging, then make an accurate report. The new way? Breathlessly report fact-less stories in the rush to get something on the air or in print a few minutes before someone else does. Ruin lives such as reporting the brother's name instead of the actual shooter, and other such "oopsie-daisy" mistakes can be dealt with later as small paragraphs on page B6 of the newspaper.

DetroitMarauder
05-10-2013, 05:13 PM
I've kept an eye on it but haven't spent much time watching it. I never really understand why certain murder cases get so much publicity.

I've been more occupied with the Benghazi hearings and the Kermit Gosnell trial in Philadelphia.