PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler Recalls Almost 470,000 Jeep SUVs

LWM
05-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Chrysler is recalling 469,000 Jeep SUVs worldwide because they can shift into neutral without warning on startup.

The recall affects 2005 to 2010 Grand Cherokees and 2006 to 2010 Commanders.

U.S. safety regulators say cracks in a circuit board can cause a faulty signal as the SUVs are being started. If the vehicles shift into neutral they can roll away.

Chrysler says the problem has caused 26 crashes and two injuries.

Chrysler will notify owners and dealers will update software to take care of the problem. Chrysler found cracks in a circuit board that turns the four-wheel-drive system on and off.

Repairs will be made at no cost to owners.

The recall covers 295,000 vehicles in the U.S., 28,500 in Canada, and 4,200 in Mexico. The remaining 141,000 are outside North America.

The company says in documents filed with the National Highway Traffic Administration that it began looking into the problem after a customer complained that an SUV rolled away in January of 2012 after being started remotely.

07JeepXK
05-12-2013, 03:42 AM
Glad I don't have remote start. And my foot is always on the brake when I start my jeep

Matt
05-12-2013, 05:19 AM
You have the same circuit board though.

Something doesn't seem right.... cracks in a circuit board are the root cause to the transfer case shifting into neutral, but ONLY when remote starting? I'm trying to wrap my head around why cracks would cause that under just one special condition. Other than the crack miraculously bridges a circuit that changes the control logic for that one special case, but that seems like a stretch.

Also begs the question how they know the crack won't propagate any further to cause any other problems.

TrialByFire
05-12-2013, 09:10 AM
"Cracks in the circuit board" sounds like the simplified cover story for the layman. It has to be a lot more complicated than that. The article says only that the NHTA investigation began when a customer remote started his vehicle--not that it only happens on remote starts. I'll try to learn more when I take mine in.

06JeepXKHEMI
05-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Interesting.. Like Adam said I always have my foot on the brake when starting but as Matt mentioned what other problems can occur because of this "crack"? Also if it is a crack how is an update going to solve the issue?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

1USMC
05-12-2013, 12:34 PM
"Cracks in the circuit board" sounds like the simplified cover story for the layman. It has to be a lot more complicated than that. ......

........ Also if it is a crack how is an update going to solve the issue?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I was wondering the same thing. I know computer technology is always evolving, but a software fix for a cracked circuit board ? Mmmm perhaps all functions around the cracked area are electronically isolated and another part of the board is assigned to take over the isolated areas duties and functions ?

Science fiction or do we have that technology in our vehicles now ? I know what I think ....but I'm always open minded.....

lekmedm
05-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Science fiction or do we have that technology in our vehicles now ?

Phasers set for... BS? Are we running plasma circuitry in the XKs? ;) Let's see the Romulans top that! LOL

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.

1USMC
05-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Phasers set for... BS? Are we running plasma circuitry in the XKs? ;) Let's see the Romulans top that! LOL

, ^^^^^ I love it ^^^^^ LOL

I did find a couple of official documents with more details.

> http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM437323/RCDNN-13V175-1433.pdf

> http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/UCM437946/RCAK-13V175-8078.PDF

Looks like a June start date for the recall.

But still .. flash update for a crack .... I'm with lekmedm ....

The_War_Wagon
05-12-2013, 08:51 PM

Now if they could JUST tie it to leaky transmissions lines, we'd ALL have it made! :rolleyes:

JustinS
05-13-2013, 03:31 AM
Cool, another recall to get taken care of along with the other two I've been putting off.

Matt
05-13-2013, 04:24 AM
What are the other two?

1USMC
05-13-2013, 07:57 AM

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/05/ControlCommander_zpsefbf2285-1.gif (http://s911.photobucket.com/user/rgerd/media/ControlCommander_zpsefbf2285.gif.html)

More tidbits on the> Final Drive Control Module ( FDCM) AKA (?) > Transfer Case Control Module . Located under the 2nd row seats on the drivers side, XK and WK.

New costs for mine $315, dealer was not sure if there was a need to "wake up " the module or if it could just be installed and go. (Recall repairs are free of course ). My local dealer , after showing them the recall info , was also wondering about the software fix for a hardware problem. We may not be getting all the info yet.

Also , food for thought ... I'm thinking for those of us that have aftermarket programmers should zero them out before taking it in for new programming from the dealer to be on the safe side ?????

JustinS
05-13-2013, 08:55 AM
What are the other two?

G40 and H19...old ones that were never taken care of before I bought my XK.

duneslider
05-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Anyone know if the recall letters find their way if you bought a used XK?

So, the commander has leaky transmission lines too? There was a recall for the JK lines but I had already replaced mine with better stuff so I didn't bother.

JustinS
05-13-2013, 09:48 AM
Anyone know if the recall letters find their way if you bought a used XK?

So, the commander has leaky transmission lines too? There was a recall for the JK lines but I had already replaced mine with better stuff so I didn't bother.

I think they go out via current registration info...but I'm not sure.

TrialByFire
05-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Ok. Here's how I interpret the recall description:

A sensor on the Actuator board sends the FDC the position of the transmission on vehicle start. Cracks on the Actuator board cause a voltage drop on the position sensor so that the position determined by the FDC is incorrect. The FDC then attempts to position the transmission actuator properly and it sounds like, depending on the voltage drop produced by the cracks, the transmission could be put into *any* gear! The new firmware will probably try to shift into Park first to see what voltage is returned, before determining that it is in the wrong position. Why it is not easier to replace the Actuator board is puzzling but I have done my fair share of fixing hardware problems in software.

1USMC
05-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks, TrialByFire !

I read things like.... " During the initial vehicle start up,the controller can automatically command a transfer case shift, without input from the driver ( attempting to correct its position based on a biased signal )... etc. and didn't know exactly what they where trying to say.. LoL.

I can understand it better when you converted it to more layman's terms ! Its starting to make a little more sense ..

I can almost see, after your write up how software might be able to correct a hardware problem. Maybe an isolated crack on one faulty solder ? I just keep thinking that sometimes cracks like to spread etc.

It will be interesting when it all comes out.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/05/Romulans_zps8384bab7-1.jpg (http://s911.photobucket.com/user/rgerd/media/Romulans_zps8384bab7.jpg.html)

1USMC
05-13-2013, 09:31 PM

( this is )..Chrysler's largest recall since more than 900,000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Liberty SUVs were recalled worldwide in November to fix a part that could cause airbags to deploy inadvertently.

In the same article > just FYI..

Sergio Marchionne, CEO of Chrysler and its Italian parent Fiat, which currently owns a 58.5 percent share of the U.S. automaker, said there was a 50-50 chance that Fiat's buyout of Chrysler would be finalized by June 2014.

>> Transfer cases, used on four-wheel-drive models only, connect to the transmission and multiply the engine's torque by switching between low- and high-range gears. On these Jeep models, the switching is done electronically despite a physical lever in the console.

In January 2012, Chrysler began an investigation after a 2007 Grand Cherokee reportedly began rolling in neutral after the owner activated the car's remote start. By March 2013, after working with the transfer case supplier, Chrysler had traced the problem to a cracked circuit board that was sending faulty signals and had released new software to correct the problem.

Dealers will reflash the final drive controller starting in June. <<

( " subcomponent supplier ".... made in Mexico...)

LWM
05-13-2013, 10:48 PM
What about those of us who added the aftermarket OEM remote start?

BonesWK
05-14-2013, 06:17 AM
What about those of us who added the aftermarket OEM remote start?

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/05/l5i9y0l5i9vdjeep03-1.jpg

Kidding, not sure how that would work Knapp

lekmedm
05-14-2013, 08:00 AM
^^^^^bwahaha....!!!

1USMC
05-14-2013, 11:07 AM

OMG !!! The casualties continue to mount !! Will it ever END ???

Looks like the "fix" was to late for this poor owner who remote started his XK and then it rolled slowly out his driveway...... ;-)

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/05/WreckedCommander_zps745e4588-1.png (http://s911.photobucket.com/user/rgerd/media/WreckedCommander_zps745e4588.png.html)

TrialByFire
05-15-2013, 04:16 PM

OMG !!! The casualties continue to mount !! Will it ever END ???

Looks like the "fix" was to late for this poor owner who remote started his XK and then it rolled slowly out his driveway...... ;-)

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/05/WreckedCommander_zps745e4588-1.png (http://s911.photobucket.com/user/rgerd/media/WreckedCommander_zps745e4588.png.html)

Wow! Jaws of Life couldn't have uncanned that poor soul!

I'm still confused about this recall. I thought it was the transmission that shifts on its own but the notice says its the NV245 transfer case. The TC does have a Neutral position for towing and is electrically actuated so I guess that there is no way the 'cracks' could cause it to shift into Drive.

1USMC
05-15-2013, 05:07 PM
“ …experience a transfer case actuator encoder electrical failure that results in unintentional transfer case shifting into or through the neutral position, which may result in vehicle rollaway…"

Ok, so the way I was seeing this as our transfer cases have 3 “positions” Hi, Low and Neutral.

For me to select neutral I have to :

1. Key ON, engine off.
2. Vehicle stopped, with foot on brake.
3. Place the transmission into NEUTRAL.
4. Hold down the NEUTRAL “pin” switch (with a pen,
etc.) for four seconds until the LED light by the switch
starts to blink indicating shift in progress. The light will
stop blinking (stay on solid) when the NEUTRAL shift is
complete.A“4WD SYSTEM IN NEUTRAL” message will display

“ This range disengages both the front and rear driveshafts
from the powertrain. “

The way I understood it, the “crack”, bypassed all the steps we have to perform to get the transfer case into neutral.

Is that the way you see it ???

pjmjr508
05-15-2013, 07:17 PM
basicly that is how I see it. I am guessing that mode is there for a flat tow.

1USMC
05-15-2013, 07:44 PM
basically that is how I see it. I am guessing that mode is there for a flat tow.

Yes , I remember the " flat tow " capability in case of emergency advertised.

But Wow... it can be mind boggling to think that perhaps one stray intermittent " tron " could do all the electronic and mechanical things the operator has to do to get the same result ( if thats whats going on ).

1USMC
07-02-2013, 02:50 PM

Got mine today >>

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/07/RecallnoticeJ_zpsdcc2f284-1.jpg (http://s911.photobucket.com/user/rgerd/media/RecallnoticeJ_zpsdcc2f284.jpg.html)

LWM
07-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Received mine in the mail today as well.

brand0n
07-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Received mine a few days ago. Really like how it says "the software is is currently not available"

07JeepXK
07-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Got mine too but not worried about the recall. Not even going to take it in once they have the software available

pjmjr508
07-05-2013, 09:47 PM
Got mine too but not worried about the recall. Not even going to take it in once they have the software available

Why?

07JeepXK
07-07-2013, 03:43 AM
Well the issue has only happened to a handful of jeeps out of those 470,000 recalled and those that were effected had the issue when using the remote starter, which I don't have. Evertime I start my XK my foot is on the brake. Just not to worried about it that's all

pjmjr508
07-07-2013, 08:13 AM
K that makes sense. I use m RS all the time so I better make sure to take it in when the SW is ready.

1USMC
08-07-2013, 03:16 PM
Noticed a post that a member on another forum had just called his dealer to check on the recall and was told to make an appointment, come in and have it "fixed".

I checked with with my local and not so local Dealer and they had to check, put me on hold a few times and then finally advised me they had just received a "software" fix and yes I could make an appointment for it. They had not uploaded the "fix" to anyones vehicles yet.

No other details at this time.

I'm brave... but I'm not planning on being in the first group to get this new " fix". Its not that critical to me, and I believe I can wait a little longer and get more info on this process.

I like having a few Canarys go before of me !

Core XK
08-07-2013, 03:55 PM
I totally agree lol I do not intend to get kt fixed anytime soon.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Matt
08-07-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm with you guys.... i think i'll wait this one out!

pjmjr508
08-07-2013, 06:15 PM
I guess I will be the guinea pig, mine is already at the dealership for the ele issues and other warranty issues I want taken care of, might as well have them do the fix since it is there.

Matt
08-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Check this out:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/n23-recall-issue-no-4-low-1561787/

07JeepXK
08-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Check this out:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/n23-recall-issue-no-4-low-1561787/

Again.. I'm not even taking mine in for the recall. I was always told don't fix what's not broke.

The_War_Wagon
08-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Again.. I'm not even taking mine in for the recall. I was always told don't fix what's not broke.

Got my notice yesterday. I filed it away for, "safe-keeping"... :rolleyes:

Matt
08-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Got my notice yesterday. I filed it away for, "safe-keeping"... :rolleyes:

LMAO, same here!

pjmjr508
08-13-2013, 10:37 PM
I am emailing them right now to test the 4 low before returning it to me after the recall is done.

07JeepXK
08-14-2013, 02:46 AM
I am emailing them right now to test the 4 low before returning it to me after the recall is done.

That's a good idea. I'd be pissed if I went to go wheeling and 4 Low didn't work

pjmjr508
08-14-2013, 10:50 PM
I relayed my concerns & said that they will ensure that it is tested so I will not have any issues on the trail. I will get it back between monday & wed of next week. My parking break had broke & it will be 5 days to get the replacement parts. Plus they are still trying to find the issue I was with it dieing at a light from time to time & the won't start issues. The starting issue is most likely the starter wiring harness problem that a lot of us have had, told the guy that so will see what he does with the information.

They did say that they like the work I did on the XK.

Core XK
08-15-2013, 04:07 AM
What year is your xk pj?

pjmjr508
08-15-2013, 10:27 AM

fco27
08-15-2013, 05:12 PM
Well I got my notice yesturday but I have not called to schedule and appointment maybe I will call to go in Monday, I will let you know if I do and if there is any issues that I notice. :D

brendon
09-10-2013, 04:56 PM
I got mine done last week. No problems so far; and the 4Lo still works.

fco27
09-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Well I got mine done already about 2 weeks ago and everything is working the same.

LWM
09-10-2013, 06:27 PM
I have not had time to get mine in yet.

Matt
09-29-2013, 05:45 AM
Any of you guys with the recall done have any issues?

Keeping up on JF it looks like problems are popping up a week or so after....

jjt250
09-29-2013, 09:55 AM
I just had this done yesterday and checked 4lo before I left and it worked. I read some of that thread right after I got back and now I'm kicking myself for doing it. I'll be checking it everyday for the next week or so and I'll let you guys know what happens with mine.

pjmjr508
09-29-2013, 08:32 PM
had it done over a month ago & tested it a few times & no issues. Now by testing all I did was put in 4 lo & back into reg. I have not had a chance to wheel with it yet.

jjt250
09-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Tried again today and it still works and drives in 4Lo. If I have time this evening, I'll see if the ELSDs lock in gravel still.

pjmjr508
10-04-2013, 09:35 AM
Well I tried it today & as soon as I pulled the handle the error came on. Will be calling the dealership back on this.
Oh joy oh joy
Will update when have more info.

pjmjr508
10-07-2013, 06:45 PM
well I haven't taken it back in yet, It's my DD & unless I want to pay for a rental I am without a ride to work. I will get it in soon. I did a test thoe and found something very interesting concerning this. They are doing construction next to my house and stopped there on the way from work. They had a large mound of asphalt and I drove up a part of it, once I had one wheel off the ground and hanging in the air my TC light went off & it would not engage the front end at all. I have the QDII setup, if I read this right it acted like a 2WD with an open axle. Now the Serivce 4WD light did not come on until I hit the 4lo handle. This Sh*t sucks. I wonder can they undo the SW they loaded for the recall?

Matt
10-07-2013, 07:19 PM
I'm surprised they haven't stopped installing the update yet.... I'm guessing there are so many people out there that don't check their 4wd that they're only seeing a fraction of a % of the issues.

pjmjr508
10-07-2013, 07:35 PM
I agree. I also forgot to mention that I noticed on my way home from work. There is 2 decent upward asphalt hills along the ride home, one of them there is a stop sign at the top to make a left. I noticed that when I lifted off the brake to go than it started to roll backwards until the gas pedal was applied. I would not compare it to rolling back as freely as if your were driving a stick shift. There is resistance there, but felt off just enough to catch my attention. I am not sure if that is tied to this recall, just feeling possibly the TC is not holding.

Your thoughts?

Matt
10-07-2013, 07:39 PM
I'd say the rollback is unrelated unless the SW update decreased idle torque converter pressure....

thance
10-08-2013, 07:45 AM
My 2010 will always roll back on steep hills. I have not had the recall done.

thance
10-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Should also note that when plowing and trying to move a large pile of snow an additional foot or 2, I actually have more pushing power in 4hi than 4lo. So, when stopped and trying to get traction to push a pile of snow the added traction control in 4hi beats the low gearing and reduced traction control in 4lo.

pjmjr508
10-08-2013, 11:08 AM
The reason I had said anything was because I take this way home everyday for the last 3 yrs & it never caught my attention as it did yesterday so was not sure if related.

thance
10-08-2013, 12:29 PM
Maybe a difference in model year or a general glitch in mine.... I've always thought it rolled back on hills way easier than anything else I've owned.

jjt250
01-23-2014, 02:32 PM
I thought I got lucky...after months of having the N23 recall done on my Jeep, I finally have the dreaded "Service 4WD" error message. I have put it into 4Lo several times and used it. I even put it in 4Lo yesterday. Today I was messing around and tried putting it in 4Lo and got the message. Pretty bummed now. Now I have to figure out what to do...

Matt
01-23-2014, 02:37 PM
Do you know anyone relatively local with a flashpaq? Id try clearing the codes and see if it works... this will rule out"coincidence" and put you in the same boat at everyone else :(

jjt250
01-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Unfortunately, no. If you know anyone in the Omaha metro area with one, let me know! I'm not even sure if it would work with my Jeep because Superchips doesn't support the CRD. I tried clearing it with a different code reader but it didn't even find any codes. It could be a coincidence, but it seems highly unlikely at this point :( plus, our Jeep has been regularly maintained. Looks like I may need to buy a junkyard FDCM that has the old software.

Matt
01-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Superchips doesn't support CRD tuning, but that's independent from the OBD functions... your drivetrain has the same modules as the rest of ours so I don't see a reason it wouldn't work.

hoaxci5
01-23-2014, 07:14 PM
From what I've read if the update caused the problem all they need to do is reflash it until it works. Sometimes it's taken 3-4 times of reflash and then it seems to work.

jjt250
01-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Superchips doesn't support CRD tuning, but that's independent from the OBD functions... your drivetrain has the same modules as the rest of ours so I don't see a reason it wouldn't work.

You're right, didn't think about it like that. I don't understand why only the Superchips have been successful in clearing the codes.

From what I've read if the update caused the problem all they need to do is reflash it until it works. Sometimes it's taken 3-4 times of reflash and then it seems to work.

This only works temporarily, it always comes back it seems. From what I understand, the only "solution" is to get a junkyard FDCM that hasn't had the recall performed on it or you can send your FDCM to blown7 on JeepForum and he can reflash it to the old software (he has StarScan).

Matt
01-23-2014, 08:02 PM
You're right, didn't think about it like that. I don't understand why only the Superchips have been successful in clearing the codes.

I think we lucked out in the sense that the Superchips added a lot of "offroad" features for the JKs which required communication with the FDCM. In doing so, their programmer can read/clear drivetrain codes that normal OBDII scanners can't.

jjt250
01-23-2014, 08:30 PM
Makes sense but I can't imagine the JKs using the same FDCM because they don't have ELSDs or the NV245 transfer case. Isn't the FDCM's only function to operate those systems? Does it even matter if they aren't the same FDCMs? Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I'm just extremely intrigued by the QDII system. I've learned so much over the last few hours since finding out about my 4WD error.

Edit: Stupid question maybe, but does the JK even have an FDCM? It seems that the only reason our Jeeps have them is because it controls the NV245 and the ELSDs, which the JK has neither.

Matt
01-23-2014, 08:49 PM
Honestly I havent looked into it that deep. When I found out I was able to pull drivetrain codes with the flashpaq I really didnt care how or why it was possible. ... the stars aligned and thats all I cared about :)

jjt250
01-23-2014, 09:12 PM
Haha that's true. I just need to figure out a solution. Right now, there just aren't any that are very appealing.

WanderingTs
01-23-2014, 10:36 PM
I still have not had mine done. I just got a reminder postcard from Chrysler a couple days ago. I was holding off hoping the update would get fixed. After seeing what is posted here, I have no plans to have any update done. I don't have remote start, and as far as I am concerned at the moment, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

My question to those of you that have been mechanics, if I take this to Jeep for repairs of something else, or to an independent mechanic, or even a quicky oil change place, are they under any obligation/liability to do the update or can I decline it?

jjt250
01-23-2014, 10:50 PM
As of now, do not get the recall done!! Only the dealer can do it I believe. You can decline the recall also, just make sure they know!

Matt
01-24-2014, 04:27 AM
Yeah if you go to the dealer you have to specifically tell them not to perform the recall. Not all dealers will do it without your permission but they are allowed to.... I personally would avoid the dealers regardless.

LWM
01-24-2014, 10:00 AM
I have no intention at this point in getting the recall done. But I have the lifetime powertrain warranty so they may not give me a choice if I go to the dealer for other work.

Core XK
01-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Same. I am not getting this done.

pjmjr508
01-24-2014, 08:35 PM
I had it done & so far the fix was to have the Stealership flash the FDCM 3x's. Since then it has been working just fine. I have not tried since the 5th of this month tho because it has been on jack-stands waiting for the front pads to show up.

andyb
01-25-2014, 08:33 AM
The recall was done on mine way back. What a fiasco. The service 4wd light always comes back, and I always had to clear it with the superchips. Also Without fail, every single time I hooked up a trailer and used tow/haul, it would trigger my service 4wd light. However, mine also had a service 4wd light message 6 months before I ever even had the recall done.

mrnavy2
01-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Well I finally made my decision. I will not have the recall done. I dont want these problems. My xk is running good so no need for me to bring it in.

07JeepXK
01-28-2014, 06:17 AM
Well I finally made my decision. I will not have the recall done. I dont want these problems. My xk is running good so no need for me to bring it in.

Good choice!

mrnavy2
01-28-2014, 08:06 AM
Thanks. .I see to many of you all are having problems. So I will just leave it as is.

07JeepXK
01-28-2014, 08:29 AM
Not this guy. I'm smart enough not to take my jeep to the dealer. If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!

06JeepXKHEMI
01-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Not this guy. I'm smart enough not to take my jeep to the dealer. If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!

You've got to be close to 150k miles, right?!?

Matt
01-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Hell as soon as I read "software update for cracked circuit boards" I called BS and knew I was staying away!

mrnavy2
01-28-2014, 10:09 AM
I like what jeepxk said. . So true. I hear what u saying Matt. Anytime there is a recall for any veh I have I always wait awhile and see how others feel about the recall.

07JeepXK
01-28-2014, 02:10 PM
You've got to be close to 150k miles, right?!?

I just rolled 149,000 miles today. Give it another month and I'll be at 150k

mrnavy2
01-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Wow thats great. I think I am around 115k on my 08.

lekmedm
01-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Hell as soon as I read "software update for cracked circuit boards" I called BS and knew I was staying away!

x2

pjmjr508
02-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Getting really tired of this issue. After 2 months it has been working great & then bam I go to use it and the message is back again. I have not had time to confirm if using the Flashpaq will clear it, but will try soon.

I'm getting to the point on maybe I need to trade it out for something that will work when I want to use it.

Unless finding a unit that has not been flashed yet, I am unaware on how to keep this from coming back up yet.