PDA

View Full Version : What's everyone up to??

Matt
05-15-2013, 07:22 PM
I know the sites been a little slow in posts lately.... but I know for a fact that a lot of members have been extremely busy. New houses, new lifts, changing duty stations, new jobs, new babies, weddings, etc.

So whats going on?

pjmjr508
05-15-2013, 07:27 PM
Been keeping busy with the lil ones & lots of ot at work. Also have been trying to get time together to drop the XK off at the fab guy to mock up some parts he is building for the XK & WK platforms.

Have not been on much lately mostly because can not access while at work anymore. And hard to find time while home.

1USMC
05-15-2013, 07:51 PM
I've had the last week or so off , so I have actually had the time and have been more active for a change.

Unfortunately I have to go back to work tomorrow and may have less time myself.. who knows..

LWM
05-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Working on closing the deal on our retirement property and the future home of The Steel Armadillo.

Working off-duty at Diamondbacks games and Trisha Yearwood concert.

Also tested for Lieutenant... Have to wait until June for results.

Matt
05-16-2013, 03:22 AM
Good stuff. Ive been busy with house work and school work.... and trying to get ready for when my wife goes into labor

07JeepXK
05-16-2013, 05:24 AM
Graduate sheriff academy tomorrow!

06JeepXKHEMI
05-16-2013, 05:47 AM
Congrats Adam! Sounds like everyone is equally busy, Ive been putting this 240sx back together, there is so much this car needs to be "road worthy" in my eyes. We are all enthusiasts so I know you understand.. Also Im making the move to Charlotte soon, as well as a career change to something more stable and have had lots of thoughts going through my head, one being the Jeep. I never want to part with it but what its costing me every month b/w payment, insurance, gas, maintenance would be a great payment on townhouse or house for that matter, at least part of it. I hope I can find a job where keeping the XK is manageable but every now and then we have to make tough decisions to move forward in life. Trust me I love my XK but selling her may become a reality..

Matt
05-16-2013, 05:58 AM
Oh man we'd hate to lose you as part of our XK fam..... but just like Sal, Chris and Jacob, you gotta do what you gotta do! I have a buddy down in Randleman NC that'd probably be interested if it becomes a reality. But I hope you find a way to keep it!

And congrats again Adam!

06JeepXKHEMI
05-16-2013, 06:02 AM
Obviously if it becomes a reality Id hate to sell it to anyone on here, Im going to ask a lot.. That being said the rare color combo, modifications and cleanliness, you will not find this exact XK put together the way it is. When I say a lot Im seriously not taking anything less than 18 and change hahaha. I know what these are going for stock around here, my room mate own a used car lot, he sells 1-2 month at 15-16k bone stock... As I said Id hate to see her go, but I can always get another one and Ill never leave the family we have here, just might be wheeling in something else

06JeepXKHEMI
05-16-2013, 06:31 AM
I know it sounds ridiculous but I know what its worth to me and I think I could get the right buyer up here

hoaxci5
05-16-2013, 06:53 AM
Still working on the XJ, I shredded another sidewall last weekend.. new wheels and tires ordered, now I need to get the fenders cut and folded. Along with actually trying to fix the speedometer.
I picked up a few new clients so while I have been spending more time in front of the computer, it's been less time to just kill..
Lots of house projects still going on.
We had a family trip down to FL so that ate up almost two weeks, and I'm headed north in a week or so for a wedding. It feels like non-stop travelling for the next month and half.

JustinS
05-16-2013, 07:38 AM
I'm not really active as it is but I've been even less active because I've been busy riding my mtn bike and doing landscaping projects around the house!

BonesWK
05-16-2013, 08:02 AM
New baby, no mods, no wheeling.

I am headed to the beach this weekend though - the one you can drive on near me. So the WK will get some off pavement time!

criket
05-16-2013, 09:28 AM
I've been saving for a house. Also, I've been trying to finish my chevy 355. I've got to get it running and then something to put it in.

Between those and my little one, time is a unicorn for me.

lekmedm
05-16-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm recovering from hernia surgery this past Monday. I feel like someone took a baseball bat to my lower abdomen. :(

Matt
05-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Oh man, Mark wins the award for least enjoyable reason for being busy!

06JeepXKHEMI
05-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Damn man hope you feel better! In other news was at the dealership picking up some parts that came in for the 240 and some guy is already interested in the Jeep, it may become a reality before I know it..

LWM
05-16-2013, 03:40 PM

Congratulations!

stites-xk
05-16-2013, 05:40 PM

Congratulations! That's good news!
All that I've been up to is work, work, and wait for it.... more work! With all of this ot maybe start looking at relocating my gas tank or more armor!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

07JeepXK
05-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Thanks guys!!

Andrew. I don't really think your asking to much for your Jeep. Hell if I had the money I'd buy it for that price.

The_War_Wagon
05-17-2013, 04:30 AM
Ramcharger is in the shop at LAST, for the re-gear/transmission work/steering upgrade/winch installation/shock tower straightening-out (and possibly having the cow catcher trimmed, for better approach angles!). https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/05/dance-1.gif And I'm up to my eyeballs in MY work... no time to even run by & snap pictures of the process before MONDAY at the earliest!!!

06JeepXKHEMI
05-17-2013, 05:13 AM
Thanks guys!!

Andrew. I don't really think your asking to much for your Jeep. Hell if I had the money I'd buy it for that price.

I don't really think so either considering the color combo with how rare it is.. To me it's just impractical to have a Jeep costing me $750/mth after gas and everything, that's a rent payment. I realize switching careers I'll probably take 6-8k less, maybe more to start so it needs to go. I'll be cleaning it up this weekend and putting it online. Once the 240 parts come in it goes to body shop, when it's done Jeep will go on my buddies lot if it hasn't sold. It's going to hurt, Im attached to this Jeep as everyone else but I'll just have to grab a TJ or something and build it, so I'll still be around.. Sucks but taking a step back is necessary to take a step forward

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Core XK
05-17-2013, 05:25 AM
Hey guys,

Its nice to hear how everyone is doing.
Adam congrats man!! Thats great news. Matt once again congrats on your new addition to a great family!

Andrew I agree with Adam I would pay that for your XK. I hope to never get rid of mine but as Matt said you have to do what you have to do.

I have been prettt busy with the wedding and figuring things out. I just graduated college and applied for Philadelphia Police. However, the credit union I work at wants to put me through training to manage one of the locations they are opening this year. Right now I am still weighing my options but its an amazing opportunity that I am highly considering. I also leave for a Disney vacation monday wooo!!

P.s. I am going to tint my fog lights yello on the XK lol....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Matt
05-17-2013, 05:46 AM
If it goes on your buddies lot make sure you take some of the goodies off.... especially those Fox shocks

Corey whens the wedding date? Have fun at Disney. I fully expect to see a few pictures of you on the tea cup ride. :p

06JeepXKHEMI
05-17-2013, 05:55 AM
Unfortunately I dont have anything to replace the rear shocks for, so they will be going with it. I wish I held on to the old parts especially the BFGs but there isnt much I can do. Ive been thinking about buying some used tires to throw on there but who knows.. If I start taking mods off the price will go down and Ill have to worry about selling off parts and shipping, which to be honest I just dont have the desire to do. The only part Ill be keeping is the InTune and maybe the MTRs.. I appreciate all the positive vibes from everyone, its a difficult decision but its got to happen

Core XK
05-17-2013, 06:08 AM
If it goes on your buddies lot make sure you take some of the goodies off.... especially those Fox shocks

Corey whens the wedding date? Have fun at Disney. I fully expect to see a few pictures of you on the tea cup ride. :p

Lmao maybe ill get a tea cup pic just for you. The wedding is 6/21/14!

06JeepXKHEMI
05-17-2013, 06:16 AM
Congrats Corey and yes I fully expect an album to be posted!! And I want to see pics of you and Mickey!! hahaha

Core XK
05-17-2013, 06:42 AM
Congrats Corey and yes I fully expect an album to be posted!! And I want to see pics of you and Mickey!! hahaha

Lmao ill be sure to post some pics

stites-xk
05-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Congrats Corey!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

criket
05-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Congrats man!!!

Thanks to this thread, I purchased a Rusty's rear track bar and several maintenance items from Advance Auto. Now I get garage time again! lol

06JeepXKHEMI
05-17-2013, 05:37 PM
^Hey man Ill be down in Charlotte next week and then again a few times after looking for places. Ill be moving 2-3 months so have to keep in touch.

Matt
05-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Picked up some new bikes for the kids today! (been spending free time on nice days riding around with the boy)

ScorpionCrawler
06-11-2013, 06:12 AM
I've been absent for a while. Checking in from time to time, but work is really busy.

My son graduated from HS and all the college stuff is wrapped up.
Empty nest on 8-22.
Planning what could be our last road trip together, to Lake Tahoe leaving 7-14.

His last big HS moment. Big League stuff.

https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png[/URL][/IMG]

Adondo
06-11-2013, 05:03 PM
Among a few other things, I've been working on my 1967 Chevy truck lately.

I just redid the dashboard. All new, and now with a tachometer and vacuum gauge. Here it is, all rebuilt and ready to be put back in. It is now, it's done. (Don't have any pictures of the finish dash yet)
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/06/13706758203030-1.jpg

And, a little working over of the 327. The OEM air cleaner is going to be gone as soon as the cast aluminum finned one (match to the valve covers) shows up in UPS.
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/06/13709322758560-1.jpg

Matt
06-11-2013, 08:12 PM
I just finished writing my solutions to a final exam..... half-way done this masters that I should have finished years ago (employer changes and then government crap got in the way).

The_War_Wagon
06-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Among a few other things, I've been working on my 1967 Chevy truck lately.

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/06/13709322758560-1.jpg

Working on classic iron ALWAYS gets a free pass! :cool:

pjmjr508
06-11-2013, 09:57 PM
been working on getting my front bumper fab'd up, that is going great.
also been working on getting a scooter running. the last time it ran was in 97, from then it was sitting on the side of a friends house. it is a 92 honda elite e 50. It runs, just needs the carb rebuilt. I got the rebuild kit todayt so will complete it in a week or so when time permits. The reason this is so good for me is because I can not ride a bike because of my phyiscal limitations. So when my wife wants to ride bikes with my 2 kids, I was not able to join; this will allow me to join them. Looking forward to some nice summer time rides this summer.

06JeepXKHEMI
06-12-2013, 06:14 AM
Ive been swamped with work!! Also Im close to getting the 240 done, received my coilovers, BBK and ebrake assembly, 300zxTT aluminum rear knuckles, steering rack with bushings, tie rods and ends and now just waiting on the POR15 to undercoat. I was going to tackle the body work myself, but due to the Jeep selling which is very close just waiting on approval for the buyer, I need to get this done and simply dont have the time to do it myself. Should have it back in one piece and driving Sunday..

Adondo
06-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Here's more photos of the ol' truck.

The new dash:
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/06/20130614_085313-1.jpg

Back a bit, showing new armrests etc. The interior's about done. The patina paint will be done along with the rest of the exterior when it does get done, maybe this winter.
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/06/20130614_085334-1.jpg

Another dash view. Notice the added vacuum gauge where it's normally blank. Also notice the tach! The big knob with the red center is an aircraft hand throttle. Normally, it's screwed in and out, but in an emergency, the red button can be "palm slapped" in for instant cutoff. It's my cheap and dirty cruise control. :cool:
https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/06/20130614_085356-1.jpg

The ugly air cleaner's gone as soon as my new cast aluminum finned cleaner shows up. Of course, the 4 BBL carb will be seen in all its glory, and needs to be cleaned in Chem Dip first. It's dirty looking right now.