PDA

View Full Version : New top plate & spacers to go with new struts & coils?

carb850
05-19-2013, 04:45 PM
I hope to install my OME coils and struts in the next few weeks. Should I buy a new top plate and rubber spacers? I figured one advantage is being able to have an assembled front unit so the installation should go faster. Any other reasons why I should or should not go this way? How much would the extra parts cost?

Matt
05-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Yes. Those items wear and will eventually need to be replaced regardless. Might as well swap everything out while you have the front end apart. Makes the install go much quicker too since you can build the strut assemblies before you plan on installing the lift.

07JeepXK
05-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Yes!! You want everything brand new. At that point you can hav the whole front assembly built and ready to swap right in.

carb850
05-19-2013, 08:56 PM
Any difference in the brands for the top plate? Looking around online I'm seeing them produced by Moog, Monroe, Raybestos, and KYB. I'm not sure if those kits include the lower rubber spacers or not. Anyone know?

oleblue27
05-20-2013, 04:19 AM
Moog is considered by many the best brand to replace OEM parts. The top plates shouldn't come with the isolaters. I just replaced mine and the cheapest place I found mine were from Quadratec. I think I paid 48$ for both top and bottom sets.

07JeepXK
05-20-2013, 04:44 AM
Get the MOOG. Some come with the top isolator but you still would have to purchase the lower isolator. Don't forget the yellow bump stop if you plan to build the complete assembly to where you can just swap out the assemblies during install

pjmjr508
05-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Get the MOOG. Some come with the top isolator but you still would have to purchase the lower isolator. Don't forget the yellow bump stop if you plan to build the complete assembly to where you can just swap out the assemblies during install

X2
It is the best way to do this

carb850
05-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Thanks guys. I will be placing an order soon.