PDA

View Full Version : The begginers' handgun.......??

IamJEEP
08-12-2010, 03:55 AM
What's a good "beginners" handgun to use? I've been wanting to get my girlfriend and myself some concieled weapon permits and buy our first handguns. Purchased a couple of magazines for reviews but, there are so many makes out there, I don't know where to begin.

LWM
08-12-2010, 06:22 AM
The best thing to do is find a local indoor range that rents weapons for use on the property and try out a few handguns. I personally like the Glock and would recommend she try one starting with the 9mm and move up in caliber until there is too much recoil for her (I like the 357).

NeilSmith
08-12-2010, 06:39 AM
X2 on a range with rentals. She will prob want to stay with a 9mm, but she will have to hold and feel some different one to find one that fits her hands. Glocks are good but they dont feel right in my hand ( I have small hands ). I carry a Springfield XD .45. It has a 4" barrel and I carry it in a Crossbreed Supertuck holster. Even with my small framed body of 125 lbs wet, you would never know I had a full frame pistol under my shirt.

Adondo
08-12-2010, 12:59 PM
A very simple beginners gun would be most double action revolvers. They're simple and safe, especially when compared to semi-autos. Most people who get accidentally shot are from someone who thinks an auto is empty, when it actually has a round ''up the pipe.'' (A chambered round, which stays even with the magazine removed)

A DA revolver fires by just pulling the trigger, with a hard pull for the most part, (For short range self defense mode) or you cock the hammer first then have a light trigger pull. (For better accuracy) No magazine to load up, no pulling a slide back to chamber a round first, no worrying about releasing the safety(s) etc.

A good conceal weapon is a Charter Arms Bulldog. The five shot .44 is a hand cannon. They're a short barrel that you'd expect Mickey Spillane P.I. to pack. The .38 or .357 might be better for your girlfriend to handle, as the light .44 kicks like a mule.

brendon
08-12-2010, 07:15 PM
x3 on the rental. But beware, that's how I got hooked on 1911's...

I just got my wife a Taurus PT138 - it's a small frame semi-auto in .380ACP. She never even held a gun before this one. She likes it. A .380 is about the same size as a 9mm round but less recoil; though arguably not a good defensive round. I am helping my neighbor's aunt select a gun as well and we are leaning towards the Taurus 709 Slim. Also a light, small semi-auto in 9mm. It is hard to go wrong with a decent revolver though.

How about a Thompson .445 Supermag? Single shot, but that's all you need!

IamJEEP
08-12-2010, 07:44 PM
The best thing to do is find a local indoor range that rents weapons for use on the property and try out a few handguns. I personally like the Glock and would recommend she try one starting with the 9mm and move up in caliber until there is too much recoil for her (I like the 357).

That's a good idea Knappster, I'll have to look around and find the nearest one to me. I've heard good things about the Glocks, I will deffinately look into those. Thanks

X2 on a range with rentals. She will prob want to stay with a 9mm, but she will have to hold and feel some different one to find one that fits her hands. Glocks are good but they dont feel right in my hand ( I have small hands ). I carry a Springfield XD .45. It has a 4" barrel and I carry it in a Crossbreed Supertuck holster. Even with my small framed body of 125 lbs wet, you would never know I had a full frame pistol under my shirt.

Good to know, thanks NeilSmith.

A very simple beginners gun would be most double action revolvers. They're simple and safe, especially when compared to semi-autos. Most people who get accidentally shot are from someone who thinks an auto is empty, when it actually has a round ''up the pipe.'' (A chambered round, which stays even with the magazine removed)

A DA revolver fires by just pulling the trigger, with a hard pull for the most part, (For short range self defense mode) or you cock the hammer first then have a light trigger pull. (For better accuracy) No magazine to load up, no pulling a slide back to chamber a round first, no worrying about releasing the safety(s) etc.

A good conceal weapon is a Charter Arms Bulldog. The five shot .44 is a hand cannon. They're a short barrel that you'd expect Mickey Spillane P.I. to pack. The .38 or .357 might be better for your girlfriend to handle, as the light .44 kicks like a mule.

I agree, I was leaning towards a DA revolver till my girl said she wants a semi-auto. She said she wanted a pink one...................LOL........I just shook my head. Thanks adondo

x3 on the rental. But beware, that's how I got hooked on 1911's...

I just got my wife a Taurus PT138 - it's a small frame semi-auto in .380ACP. She never even held a gun before this one. She likes it. A .380 is about the same size as a 9mm round but less recoil; though arguably not a good defensive round. I am helping my neighbor's aunt select a gun as well and we are leaning towards the Taurus 709 Slim. Also a light, small semi-auto in 9mm. It is hard to go wrong with a decent revolver though.

How about a Thompson .445 Supermag? Single shot, but that's all you need!

I'll have to look those up and do some research. I deffinately want her to have a light "pocket" sized gun that she can conciel easily. Thanks brendon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you guys have pics of your weapons? If so, please post a pic on here.....

IamJEEP
08-13-2010, 03:01 AM
Gander Mountain is selling a S & W .40 w/laser for $399..........Is this a good deal? I did a little research on this gun and have gotten mixed reviews. I know that the earlier versions had issues jamming, ect. but, all the reviews I've read about the current model are praising this gun. Is a .40 cal better than a 9mm as far as accuracy and power?

LWM
08-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Gander Mountain is selling a S & W .40 w/laser for $399..........Is this a good deal? I did a little research on this gun and have gotten mixed reviews. I know that the earlier versions had issues jamming, ect. but, all the reviews I've read about the current model are praising this gun. Is a .40 cal better than a 9mm as far as accuracy and power?

I do not know anything about the gun so I cannot tell you if it is a good or bad weapon...

Your second question: Is a .40 cal better than a 9mm as far as accuracy and power? accuracy is solely dependent upon the shooter, a 9mm & 40 mm are exactly the same accuracy as each other, the question is can the shooter be accurate with both guns? to answer that she will have to shoot the guns. The 9mm will have far less recoil and therefore be faster to regain target and be more accurate for someone with little strength or experience.

As to power, the 40 is a much more powerful gun than the 9mm but compensation can be made by adjusting the type of ammo you leave in the gun. must people practice with cheap ammo and then carry with a different type depending on it's purpose. I carry with hollow-points but I do not waste money by shooting that for practice.

Adondo
08-13-2010, 12:20 PM
I'll have to look those up and do some research. I definitely want her to have a light "pocket" sized gun that she can conciel easily. Thanks brendon

You really want a gun that hides away? How about an American Arms .22 magnum?
https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

It's a little mule to fire, but you'll get a 6 foot diameter fireball out the front when it does. The 'pop' is pretty massive too. A few cops I know pack these for secondary backups, as the .22 magnum does damage. It's a ''belly gun'' though, forget about aiming for accuracy. My mom has one of these little stainless steel gems. One cop I know did have to use one in a bad situation years ago, and the perp got tore up pretty bad.

I also have one, a short barrel, it makes a great boot gun. The recovery is a bit slow after firing, because it kicks bad, and there's not much grip to hang onto. I also have a Freedom Arms version, but the quality is not as high, and the grip's even smaller and black bakelight. It's even harder to recover after a shot. (It ends up pointing straight up)

IamJEEP
08-13-2010, 04:29 PM
I do not know anything about the gun so I cannot tell you if it is a good or bad weapon...

Your second question: Is a .40 cal better than a 9mm as far as accuracy and power? accuracy is solely dependent upon the shooter, a 9mm & 40 mm are exactly the same accuracy as each other, the question is can the shooter be accurate with both guns? to answer that she will have to shoot the guns. The 9mm will have far less recoil and therefore be faster to regain target and be more accurate for someone with little strength or experience.

As to power, the 40 is a much more powerful gun than the 9mm but compensation can be made by adjusting the type of ammo you leave in the gun. must people practice with cheap ammo and then carry with a different type depending on it's purpose. I carry with hollow-points but I do not waste money by shooting that for practice.

I agree that accuracy is up to the shooter but, it also depends on the gun, right? Is a 9mm bullet more "user" friendly than a .40 apc?

Also, wouldn't you want to practice shooting with the bullets you intend to use? I understand the $$$ side of using cheaper ammo to practice but, does the weapon react differently with different ammo?

LWM
08-13-2010, 04:33 PM
I agree that accuracy is up to the shooter but, it also depends on the gun, right? Is a 9mm bullet more "user" friendly than a .40 apc?

Also, wouldn't you want to practice shooting with the bullets you intend to use? I understand the $$$ side of using cheaper ammo to practice but, does the weapon react differently with different ammo?

the 9mm has a lot less recoil so it is easier and faster to get back on target, if you are in a fight for your life staying on target is VERY important. A big bullet can do more damage but if you miss your target and they hit you before you get back on target then the larger ammo was a waste of your life.

I do practice with hollow-point but if you practice every month as you should you will find that you do not need to shoot 100 rounds of expensive ammo every month when the cheaper stuff will train you just as well. Then load up your protection ammo and feel safe.

IamJEEP
08-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Sounds like a fun surprise for someone coming at you but, my lady wouldn't be able to handle such a kick back.

The flash alone will probably scare the crap out of them. Lol..

You really want a gun that hides away? How about an American Arms .22 magnum?

It's a little mule to fire, but you'll get a 6 foot diameter fireball out the front when it does. The 'pop' is pretty massive too. A few cops I know pack these for secondary backups, as the .22 magnum does damage. It's a ''belly gun'' though, forget about aiming for accuracy. My mom has one of these little stainless steel gems. One cop I know did have to use one in a bad situation years ago, and the perp got tore up pretty bad.

I also have one, a short barrel, it makes a great boot gun. The recovery is a bit slow after firing, because it kicks bad, and there's not much grip to hang onto. I also have a Freedom Arms version, but the quality is not as high, and the grip's even smaller and black bakelight. It's even harder to recover after a shot. (It ends up pointing straight up)

IamJEEP
08-13-2010, 04:40 PM
the 9mm has a lot less recoil so it is easier and faster to get back on target, if you are in a fight for your life staying on target is VERY important. A big bullet can do more damage but if you miss your target and they hit you before you get back on target then the larger ammo was a waste of your life.

I do practice with hollow-point but if you practice every month as you should you will find that you do not need to shoot 100 rounds of expensive ammo every month when the cheaper stuff will train you just as well. Then load up your protection ammo and feel safe.

I see what you are saying. I'll start her off with the 9mm and let her decide to "upgrade" to a bigger caliber when she feels ready and comfortable.
Thanks.

wrenchin hobo
08-13-2010, 04:40 PM
My wife has a Bernerdelli 60 which is a European 9mm short...or a 380 if you're State side. It's the perfect fit for her hand, but being 30 or so years old and being an import means it's not easy to get parts for and it jams due to a loose lower plate on the magazine. A $35 fix, but it wasn't easy to find companies that make the part.

I found lots of information here:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/index.php

I recommend like the other guys, go to a range that rents guns and spend the time sorting through what she wants versus needs and what will ultimately work for her.

There are lots of places that offer beginner training/safety training that's helpful for even those of us who have years of experience can benefit from. I hope to get the wife into one soon.

I too will be trying out some firearms soon as I'd like to have something to use to get my CHL.

Let us know what decision you make. I wouldn't recommend a Bernerdelli for anyone, unless you'd just like to have a good looking Italian pistol that's easy to handle and fires well.

J

IamJEEP
08-13-2010, 05:10 PM
I will keep reporting back on this thread as we go along. I'm mostly in the research stage right now so, please excuse all the "noob" questions. Lol.

I like anything that's older, ie: cars, bikes, planes, ect. My only worry is that I might start collecting older and unique guns and such. Lol. So, send over that Italian Bernerdelli! Lol.

My wife has a Bernerdelli 60 which is a European 9mm short...or a 380 if you're State side. It's the perfect fit for her hand, but being 30 or so years old and being an import means it's not easy to get parts for and it jams due to a loose lower plate on the magazine. A $35 fix, but it wasn't easy to find companies that make the part.

I found lots of information here:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/index.php

I recommend like the other guys, go to a range that rents guns and spend the time sorting through what she wants versus needs and what will ultimately work for her.

There are lots of places that offer beginner training/safety training that's helpful for even those of us who have years of experience can benefit from. I hope to get the wife into one soon.

I too will be trying out some firearms soon as I'd like to have something to use to get my CHL.

Let us know what decision you make. I wouldn't recommend a Bernerdelli for anyone, unless you'd just like to have a good looking Italian pistol that's easy to handle and fires well.

J

wrenchin hobo
08-13-2010, 05:57 PM
http://www.shootpetoet.be/bernardelli60L.jpeg

This is what it looks like. Slightly different grip on the thumb side.

brendon
08-13-2010, 07:54 PM
You mentioned she wants a pink gun. I got my wife's Taurus PT138 at Gander Mountain because the pink model was exclusive to them. I bought both the pink handgun and a pink Davey Crickett .22 rifle (for my oldest daughter) the same day. There was something empowering about leaving the store with two pink guns!

I'll get pictures up in a little bit for you.

As for older guns and cost of repair, don't get me started. I have a couple OLD Walthers in my care that need some lovin' - it's not going to be cheap.

ETA: I go to the range once or twice a month and mostly shoot the cheap Winchester White Box (WWB) but every third month or so, I cycle through my defensive ammo as well.

brendon
08-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Here are some pics. The top one is my carry piece - a 1911 with 3" bbl and the lower is the wife's Taurus

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/08/DSC03243-3.jpg

and then just for some fun a Luger, a pair of Walthers - PPS and P38, and Ruger Super Redhawk .44mag - my bear gun:

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/08/DSC03246-3.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/08/DSC03247-4.jpg

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2010/08/DSC03248-4.jpg

wrenchin hobo
08-14-2010, 06:55 AM
Brendon, what's the manufacturer and model number of that 1911??? I've always been a fan of them and that looks perfect for what I'd be doing with it.

However, I am also salivating over these two HK's : http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/uspct_general.asp and http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/uspc_general.asp

IamJEEP
08-14-2010, 02:06 PM
Nice collection brendon, showed my girl the pink one and she loves it. Lol.

IamJEEP
08-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Hobo, those HKs are nice, how do they perform?

brendon
08-15-2010, 07:51 AM
Brendon, what's the manufacturer and model number of that 1911??? I've always been a fan of them and that looks perfect for what I'd be doing with it.

However, I am also salivating over these two HK's : http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/uspct_general.asp and http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/uspc_general.asp

The 1911 is a Kimber Tactical Ultra II - it's a fantastic little 1911. It maintains a 7+1 capacity even though it's a compact size 1911

If you're looking at HK's another one to check out is the P2000 http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/p2000sk_general.asp - I have heard very good things about this gun in the V2 variant; though I have never handled or shot any of the HK's

IamJEEP
08-16-2010, 01:28 AM
The 1911 is a Kimber Tactical Ultra II - it's a fantastic little 1911. It maintains a 7+1 capacity even though it's a compact size 1911

If you're looking at HK's another one to check out is the P2000 http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/p2000sk_general.asp - I have heard very good things about this gun in the V2 variant; though I have never handled or shot any of the HK's

I like the Kimber line but, I also like these.......

M9

HK USP Compact

Berreta Rafica <----------Badass!

wrenchin hobo
08-16-2010, 08:15 PM
I don't know that much about the HK's other than I like them, they receive lots of rave reviews, and they're a bit pricey. I did however go the Top Gun here in Houston and fired this http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/32468 and am desperately in love now. It fits my hand perfectly and was incredibly accurate...especially considering that I'm pretty rusty. At 17 yards I put 4 through the head, 2 neck shots (grazed) 3 misses, and the other 7 in the upper chest area. And I was only aiming for the head so I can see where the shots landed as the other 34 rounds kinda messed up the chest area. Paper target used as I couldn't find a Zombie or Crack Head to volunteer...

But as a note, I was really set on a 45 cal until I went and handled a bunch of guns and fired the one that I liked the best. I recommended doing the same, go, feel, shoot, drool on, caress, and buy the gun that you or the wife truly wants.

At the range there was a cute asian lady taller than most and the 6" heels helped, short shorts, and a tight shirt...little thin, but very pleasant to look at. She had a $1500 (Kahr I believe) pistol, guys there said he was an avid gun owner who loved to shoot. She had a grouping the size of a baseball with all 50 rounds at I believe 17 yards...course she may have had it set at 12...but I was impressed. And it helped that she drives a hemi powered Chrysler 300. Wife looked at me funny when I came home and told her..."Honey go buy some heels, we're going to the range!!!"

J

HueyPilotVN
08-16-2010, 08:28 PM
You guys just had to post that picture of the "PINK" gun. Now guess what Princess Lee wants. Yep, They also have a revolver with a pink stock on Gander Mountain. Thanks a lot guys.........

IamJEEP
08-17-2010, 07:45 AM
I don't know that much about the HK's other than I like them, they receive lots of rave reviews, and they're a bit pricey. I did however go the Top Gun here in Houston and fired this http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/32468 and am desperately in love now. It fits my hand perfectly and was incredibly accurate...especially considering that I'm pretty rusty. At 17 yards I put 4 through the head, 2 neck shots (grazed) 3 misses, and the other 7 in the upper chest area. And I was only aiming for the head so I can see where the shots landed as the other 34 rounds kinda messed up the chest area. Paper target used as I couldn't find a Zombie or Crack Head to volunteer...

But as a note, I was really set on a 45 cal until I went and handled a bunch of guns and fired the one that I liked the best. I recommended doing the same, go, feel, shoot, drool on, caress, and buy the gun that you or the wife truly wants.

At the range there was a cute asian lady taller than most and the 6" heels helped, short shorts, and a tight shirt...little thin, but very pleasant to look at. She had a $1500 (Kahr I believe) pistol, guys there said he was an avid gun owner who loved to shoot. She had a grouping the size of a baseball with all 50 rounds at I believe 17 yards...course she may have had it set at 12...but I was impressed. And it helped that she drives a hemi powered Chrysler 300. Wife looked at me funny when I came home and told her..."Honey go buy some heels, we're going to the range!!!"J

LOL! Now that's what I'm talking about! I'll have to try that line and see what she says. LOL......

You guys just had to post that picture of the "PINK" gun. Now guess what Princess Lee wants. Yep, They also have a revolver with a pink stock on Gander Mountain. Thanks a lot guys.........

No problem, that's what we're here for. LOL.

LWM
09-04-2010, 02:07 AM
Any updates on your search for the perfect weapon?

IamJEEP
09-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Any updates on your search for the perfect weapon?

Actually, I will be heading over to my local range today to find out about their ccw course and possibly set an appointment. Also, next weekend os the gun show at our fairgrounds. So, i will keep you guys updated ASAP.

So far it I'm looking at the Kimberly 1911, Ruger .45, and the M9. And, for an ankle piece my buddy has a Keltec .380 that he likes a lot.

PS- The HK line is nice also. Just gotta try and shoot them all to see which one "feels" right.

LWM
09-04-2010, 12:30 PM
And, for an ankle piece my buddy has a Keltec .380 that he likes a lot.

This is a good emergency gun, but do not count on it for dependability or accuracy.

IamJEEP
09-04-2010, 06:18 PM
This is a good emergency gun, but do not count on it for dependability or accuracy.

Exactly, He usually carries a Glock.

I stopped by the range today with my better half and spoke to one of the guys there, he was really cool and friendly. He basically gave her instructions on how to look for "her" gun and how each one functions, ect. The CCW certificate coarse runs $65+ tax and is all inclusive. Meaning: 1 hour of classroom basics, gun rental, ammunition 25 rounds, range rental, certificate fees, ect.... so, that's not a bad price I think. He did recomend we she takes a beginner's hand gun class that runs around $80 total. He suggested she starts with a .22 and work her way up as she feels more comfortable shooting. The best thing is she can get a discount at the range because she's considered a Federal Officer at her work. $5 range fee! WOOT! LOL.....

brendon
09-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Sounds like you found decent pricing for training. What state are you in, IamJEEP?

Are you looking at the Ruger P90 (.45)? I have one of those, I like it, but haven't touched it since getting my 1911. Just about any 1911 will treat you well.

IamJEEP
09-05-2010, 01:06 AM
I'm in South Florida.

I'm leaning towards the 1911s, but will try others to see which one we Like better.

Sounds like you found decent pricing for training. What state are you in, IamJEEP?

Are you looking at the Ruger P90 (.45)? I have one of those, I like it, but haven't touched it since getting my 1911. Just about any 1911 will treat you well.

NeilSmith
09-05-2010, 10:10 AM
Someone go get a Kimber Ultra Carry .45 and let me shoot it, please. :cool:

IamJEEP
09-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Look what I found.........

I don't know what would scare me more, the bullets or that big ass knife sticking out of the front!

brendon
09-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Someone go get a Kimber Ultra Carry .45 and let me shoot it, please. :cool:

Come to WI - I'll let you shoot mine! I'm always looking for excuses to go shooting.

wrenchin hobo
09-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Good cheese, road trip, and a Kimber to shoot with good people...sounds like a good time.

J

cico7
09-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Beginners Gun........
262https://theultimatejeep.com/notfound.png

CKB3
10-26-2010, 06:38 PM
IamJEEP,
My wife and i about a year or so back went through this exact same dilemma. We both first took our ccw at the central FL fairgrounds (in orlando). We both had little to NO experience with firearms. Just so you have some numbers to reference, We spent $140 EACH on our CCW. Then spent $75 for a private lesson with a NRA certified instructor. I recommend doing the same. We shot a .22 revolver at the CCW class and then a .22 semi auto at the private lesson.
Fast forward to today... We both carry our own firearm that we selected on our own which we both felt most comfortable with. I ended up with a Springfield Armory XD-40 (fullsize) and my wife carries a Smith & Wesson .38 revolver with laser and a third home defense shotgun.
Another important issue with being married was that we both felt good about picking up eachothers gun and firing it without any extra thought. This was more important that she was comfortable with mine than hers as she has much smaller hands than i do.
I personally Love my XD and would recommend it to anyone. I have also had a lot of luck with Glocks. If you can find someone you know that would be willing to take you to the range and use their firearms that might help in your decisions. Good luck and if your in the central florida area let me know...

Curtis

IamJEEP
10-27-2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks Curtis for your input. My girlfriend has been showing less interest lately so, I haven't messed with the ccw courses. If she doesn't show interest before Xmas, I will do it all on my own. My bro-in-law has 5 different handguns that he will let me shoot so, I can see what's best for me. I have a smaller grip than most but so does he, I think his guns will for me well. This has been pushed back on the list of things to do but, its still something that will be done. Keep an eye out for updates when I finally give this topic 100%.

07JeepXK
10-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Look what I found.........

I don't know what would scare me more, the bullets or that big ass knife sticking out of the front!

That is awsome. I want one!

pjmjr508
02-03-2011, 06:29 PM
These 4 links are of some of the collect that my brother & I have built up over the years.

My fav of the group is my H&K UPS 40 Full Size & have not found one to beat it IMO, my sec is the Springfield Armory 1911 with a 4" Bar. My girl & I went thru the same thing as you IAMJEEP and I ended up giving her my Makarov 9x18 and she is really pleaseed with it.
Just like everyone else says make sure to test as many as poss at a range before buying, along with that start putting money aside to buy more guns because once you buy one you will not stop lol
Hope you like the pic's

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=257979708538&set=a.63266328538.69965.796543538#!/photo.php?fbid=257979708538&set=a.63266328538.69965.796543538&pid=3244997&id=796543538
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=257979708538&set=a.63266328538.69965.796543538#!/photo.php?fbid=257965233538&set=a.63266328538.69965.796543538&pid=3244924&id=796543538
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=257979708538&set=a.63266328538.69965.796543538#!/photo.php?fbid=257962893538&set=a.63266328538.69965.796543538&pid=3244917&id=796543538
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=257979708538&set=a.63266328538.69965.796543538#!/photo.php?fbid=257821008538&set=a.63266328538.69965.796543538&pid=3244440&id=796543538

IamJEEP
02-04-2011, 06:15 AM
^^^^ Thanks, but for some reason I can not pull up the pics..........I have not persued this further as of yet, other things have gotten in the way. So far from what I've read and user reviews, the USP's and Springfield's are on my top list to check out. If you would like, pm me your Facebook info and I'll add you. Maybe then I'll be able to see the pics.?.?.?

LWM
02-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Link did not work for me neither.

Sal-XK
02-04-2011, 03:23 PM
there from his FB page and there not set to public there set to friends only so were not friends on his page so we cant see them.

IamJEEP
02-09-2011, 09:51 AM
there from his FB page and there not set to public there set to friends only so were not friends on his page so we cant see them.

You have a Facebook?

Sal-XK
02-09-2011, 04:21 PM
You have a Facebook?

Yes I have a FB page. You should see me on the XK-forum FB page under friends or likes or something.

(jeep commander off road race 4x4 help) lol

IamJEEP
02-10-2011, 05:49 AM
I have one too, I'll see if I can find you on there.

pjmjr508-- Can you post these pics from photobucket or some other image site. I would like to see what you posted, thanks.

Lt_JWS
01-03-2012, 09:51 PM
If you haven't looked at Glock give them a good look.... I went though about 8 guns to find what worked best for me and it was the Glock19 and 26.... have probably 10K though the 19 with no problems.

LWM
01-03-2012, 09:55 PM
If you haven't looked at Glock give them a good look.... I went though about 8 guns to find what worked best for me and it was the Glock19 and 26.... have probably 10K though the 19 with no problems.

I have a Glock 26 as well as a 32 & 33 and like all 3 of them.

cico7
01-04-2012, 07:06 AM
No go here on the links.

My brother in law carried a baby glock 40 when he was a deputy.
Now he is retired. Still carries it.