PDA

View Full Version : NJ/PA/NY/DE/MD/etc Fall Meet & Greet??

Matt
08-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Anyone up for a meet & greet this fall? Date/Location TBD. Thinking late Sept/Early Oct.... when the weather is mild.

Open for location recommendations. We can do Southwest NJ and do a "easy" pines ride if some of you guys wanted to get out on some fire roads for fun. Or nice public park, maybe with a gazebo where we can have a little cookout, let our kids hang out, etc.

Back when I was a regular on the full-size truck forums we'd have meet & greets like this a lot (primarily because there's no good "wheeling" for full size trucks in the Northeast!). I know we usually get together for wheeling trips.... but hell why not hang out once in a while?

hoaxci5
08-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Pines has camping/parks and wheeling right?

I thought Sept 7th was the new date for kid wheeling though?

Matt
08-13-2013, 06:49 PM
I dont think we nailed down a date for the kid wheeling trip. Though I would like to :)

I also didn't want to limit the M&G to wheeling because I know there are members who would like to hang out that aren't up for trail riding. I've only been offroading in the Pines but im sure there are some parks there too.

One example of another option is Honeygo Park in MD. This spot was popular with my GM crew because it's a really nice park and was centrally located where A LOT of members were able to join.

Point being, i'm open for options if anyone has suggestions.... otherwise if no ones interested I'm planning on randomly showing up at your place and asking for beer :p

hoaxci5
08-13-2013, 06:57 PM
I'm not opposed to hosting :p You know I've got beer, and we could grill.. I've got a good sized driveway for some basic maintenance if we want to wrench on stuff.. Decent sized yard with a swing set for others with kids.. only down side is my crazy puppy.

hoaxci5
08-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Sept 28th, Wilmington, DE.. potluck style.. I homebrew beer so if you like craft brew no need to bring beer unless you just want to, if you don't like whatever I have on tap (no clue this far out but I can serve 4 styles and try to rotate..) you better bring something to drink.

I've got pretty much any tool required for basic maintenance stuff if you want a hand. I'm more of a pointer than Matt is so you better be turning the wrenches yourself :)

Kids are fine, I've got 2 4 year olds so we don't really have any "big kid" toys, but I suppose we can setup the wii or something if you have older kids.

My boxer puppy is a little crazy, but in general a good dog, he's just a moose so he might knock small kids over, you've been warned.

If you plan to come, PM me so I can give you the address/phone number and we can get a better idea of what we'll have/need to buy/need you to bring that kind of thing.

The_War_Wagon
08-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Vote for Rauch Creek!!! Or Scrubgrass OHV!

It's VERY hard for me to travel - even moreso on a weekend, which is why I'm voting for someplace close-by. Majority rules, but that's my $.02 worth.

oleblue27
08-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Why do you guys all live up north!!!

Matt
08-14-2013, 03:21 AM
Im good for the 28th in DE!!

Vote for Rauch Creek!!! Or Scrubgrass OHV!

It's VERY hard for me to travel - even moreso on a weekend, which is why I'm voting for someplace close-by. Majority rules, but that's my $.02 worth.

Im sure we can swing another Rausch trip this fall. Should go in late Oct when the leaves are changing. :)

:p

The_War_Wagon
08-14-2013, 04:33 AM

Wasn't MY choice! I'm 10 generations from NC; work ended up bringing me here! :p

06JeepXKHEMI
08-14-2013, 05:42 AM
I could do the Rausch Creek trip... You're probably asking yourself in what though?!??? All I can say is its got a solid axle...

The_War_Wagon
08-14-2013, 03:34 PM
I could do the Rausch Creek trip... You're probably asking yourself in what though?!??? All I can say is its got a solid axle...

Does it look as cool as... THIS!? :cool:

https://theultimatejeep.com/images/imported/2013/05/RC_wax6_zpsea6d79bf-1.jpg

Core XK
08-14-2013, 06:41 PM

What did you get!!

Btw Andrew, my buddy just got a turbo wrx and its sweeeet

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Matt
08-14-2013, 06:43 PM
Corey, you and the fiance in for the 28th??

Core XK
08-14-2013, 06:58 PM
Corey, you and the fiance in for the 28th??

Thats a bit far off. Only thing on the calendar so far in September is engagement photos down the shore. Ill check with the boss and see :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

07JeepXK
08-15-2013, 02:55 AM

My jeep has a solid axle. It's just located in the rear lol

06JeepXKHEMI
08-15-2013, 05:41 AM
The deal fell thru guy sold it from under my feet cause I didnt have a ride to get it til last night, it was a 99 Cherokee 4.5 long arm with all the goodies. Needed tires and paint was rough but money was right.. Time to keep shopping, Ill find something. I lost my dog on Sunday so Im trying to get my life back on track and another project would help!!

The_War_Wagon
08-15-2013, 06:00 AM
I ALMOST had you an XJ really cheap yesterday!

Was sitting at a 4 way, and saw a cop coming fast (road sloped down hill from the stoplight, so I saw him coming from at least a quarter-mile away) - lights & siren going. Cross-traffic light turns green, and Oblivious Guy in an XJ saunters into the intersection - staring straight ahead (his driver's side window was even half-way down, so I'm thinking that SURELY he must've heard the siren! :eek:). I brace for impact, because I expect the cruiser to NAIL the XJ, and the remnants of the collision to carom MY way, since I'm first at the light on the inside lane. Cop locks 'em up and stops INCHES short of the XJ - whose driver I SWEAR, NEVER looked to his right - & which kept on sauntering through the intersection!

Had he hit it full-steam, it'd of been a nice fixer/upper project. In fact, I probably could've scooped it all up in a $12 USPS anywhere box and mailed what was LEFT of it to you! :eek:

Matt
08-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Bump. anyone else interested in getting together for just hanging out?

hoaxci5
08-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Don't make me spend the day with Matt alone?!

Matt
08-27-2013, 03:34 AM
Lol hey at least serena will be there :p

Erk469
08-29-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm good for wherever, I need to get out for a bit.

Matt
08-29-2013, 05:06 PM
Hey Erik nice to hear from you! Hope things are going well.

Would be great if you can make it... it's been too long since we hung out!

Matt
09-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Bump.So anyone else in?

Getting close to thinking about food/drink plans.

hoaxci5
09-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Looking slim..

Matt
09-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Thanks. I have been working out lately

lekmedm
09-18-2013, 08:13 AM
Estas muy macho, Matt.

hoaxci5
09-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Anyone else going to plan on stopping by my place in DE on Sat Sept, 28th? Please PM me so I can get you the address.

The_War_Wagon
09-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Gimmee a holler in sw PA - as the weather gets colder, my ability to get away on Saturdays INCREASES!

Matt
09-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Anyone else going to plan on stopping by my place in DE on Sat Sept, 28th? Please PM me so I can get you the address.

I guess you're stuck with me! What time should we get the party started?

hoaxci5
09-26-2013, 06:12 PM
Whenever you get here is fine.. as long as you don't set an alarm to wake up. We don't really have anything planned, I suppose we could brew a batch of beer if you want? or you could fix my jeep..

Matt
09-26-2013, 06:19 PM
lol roger that. We'll probably leave here around 11 or so... be over around 1.

The_War_Wagon
09-27-2013, 10:15 AM
I'm gonna be in Buffalo next week - Wednesday is a REAL good day/evening for me, if anyone wants to do lunch or dinner at least in western NY! :p

07JeepXK
09-27-2013, 05:34 PM
I'm gonna be in Buffalo next week - Wednesday is a REAL good day/evening for me, if anyone wants to do lunch or dinner at least in western NY! :p

I'm in!