PDA

View Full Version : Floor mats

HoosierJeeper
08-28-2013, 11:33 AM
I know that for the front that WK/XK mats are the same I think, but are they the same for the second row? There's some Weather Techs for an XK on CL here but I have a WK. :D Figured since they are the same platform, they should be interchangeable. Thoughts?

lekmedm
08-28-2013, 12:39 PM
Go to the Weather Tech site and check the part numbers for both the XK and WK. That should answer your question. :)

HoosierJeeper
08-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the tip- they are indeed the same. Actually they use WK pics for both of them.

The_War_Wagon
08-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the tip- they are indeed the same. Actually they use WK pics for both of them.

Good to know - I GOTTA get some before the snow flies THIS winter! I've already replaced the floor pan in my Ramcharger - I'd like to hold off on the Jeep as LONG as possible! :o

lekmedm
08-28-2013, 04:15 PM
I have Weather Techs in my wife's Subaru and Huskys in the Jeep. I prefer the Husky liners.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.

07JeepXK
08-28-2013, 07:15 PM
My buddy has the huskys in his Commander. I prefer the weathertech though!

lekmedm
08-29-2013, 06:16 AM
Well, first off, I want to make it clear that I am talking about liners and not mats.

Weathertech makes a great product, but I've found a couple of shortcomings that prompted me to try a different product. This has to do primarily with the way people sit in the car. I have 2 issues with the WT liners. One is that regardless of how spot-on their fit is with the floor pans, people still push their feet on them and will find a way to slide them out of position, which opens up your carpet to get dirty. The driver's liner is an exception because it uses the hook on the floor to keep it in place. However, both front floor mats could really reach up the front floor well a bit farther for better coverage. That's issue number two. I can envision driving with muddy or slushy boots and resting my left foot on the side but over the lip of the liner. Anyway, that's how things look in the Subaru.

In the Jeep I thought I'd try the Husky liners to compare. They are also laser fit to the pans like WT. They have nibs on the back that grip the carpet, so no sliding around, and the front ones are longer, so there is more coverage up under the dash. On my 6,000 mile trip to Mexico and back, the liners worked out excellent. The down side to Husky is that they don't produce a third row liner - only a concern if you actually use the third row. I bought my set used from someone on JC.com who a WT third row liner. This works out just fine for my needs.

Both WT and Husky are great products. This is just my experience and POV. My 2 cents, as they say.

07JeepXK
08-29-2013, 08:55 AM
I hear you. I was referring to the liners and not the mats

Adondo
08-29-2013, 11:47 AM
You'll love 'em. Liners contain the melted snow and mud. I've had mine for years. They're color matched Husky, back floor included. They have a diamond plate pattern.

Williker
08-29-2013, 05:06 PM
I have the WT liners and have no problems with them moving at all. They pretty much stay put in the XK.
The second row mat has no where to go so it stays pretty much where it belongs, despite the best efforts of my 10 yr old and 7 yr old to push it under the seat.