PDA

View Full Version : cost for new struts

lekmedm
08-29-2013, 07:07 AM
I've been told at my alignment shop that my front passenger strut is leaking a bit (Matt, I need confirmation!) and the ball joint on that LCA is on its way out. I also have some strange vibration/grinding feeling from the front right that comes and goes depending on drivetrain load. So I'm wondering about options, part numbers, and cost.

I have used Bilstein struts in the past and have been happy with their products. So, what is the part number for standard (OEM) front struts and the best place to buy? What about those new fan-dangled 5100 adjustables? Part #? Cost? I'm not sure I've seen any recent reviews on how they are working out for SuperLifters.

Also, how about that LCA ball joint? Is it replaceable, or does the whole LCA need to go? Part #s? Cost?

07JeepXK
08-29-2013, 08:27 AM
The LCA ball joint is replaceable. Off the top of my head i know MOOG makes a replacement lower ball joint. As far as struts. The new Bilsteins are adjustable for lift but the lowest setting add 3/4 inches of lift. So that means your front end would sit 3/4 of an inch higher than it does currently. I used the regular bilstein struts a while back and thought they were horrible. They blew out within 6 months if I recall correctly. I'm on 2 years now with my OME struts.

LWM
08-29-2013, 10:48 PM
So, what is the part number for standard (OEM) front struts and the best place to buy?

http://www.thesteelarmadillo.com/OME-Front-Strut-SA-ARBN188S.htm