PDA

View Full Version : Commander on TV

GPintheMitten
11-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Watching a stupid Syfy movie called Collision Earth. One of the characters drives black Jeep Commander. On now on Syfy channel.

The_War_Wagon
11-01-2013, 10:33 AM
After the apocalypse, only giant cockroaches and Jeep Commanders, shall roam the earth! :rolleyes:

GPintheMitten
11-01-2013, 12:54 PM
It was a nice Commander but the guy called his car. It's not a car, not a truck, not even an SUV. It's a JEEP!

Stupid movie. A guy in space flying a shuttle stood up and fainted and fell heavily to the floor and then died. Must have had the gravitron activated.

Ross
11-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Those "SyFy original" movies are always so ridiculous haha.

On another note, it always seems that the XK is used in movies as FBI vehicles, not to mention breaking bad.

Adondo
11-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Yup, Breaking Bad... Walter White's DEA agent brother-in-law Hank drove a black Commander. If I remember, in one episode, that XK got shot up pretty bad too.

On sci-fi movies in general, I love the impossible physics.

I can't remember the name, but Pierce Brosnan was in something about a volcano. I just remember the scene where they're driving across hot lava in a Chevy Blazer. The tires burn off, and they keep going on bare rims. So... lava's about 2,000 degrees or more to be in a plastic state. That intense heat is not going to rise?!? Maybe you could drive out on a field of flowing lava until you got stuck, but by then A) the engine would die from lack of oxygen and/or excessive intake heat, and B) you'd already be long dead from seared lungs.

Core XK
11-01-2013, 07:29 PM
It was actually a blue commander sport. I remember quote vividly! Since I loved that show.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

GPintheMitten
11-02-2013, 06:48 AM
It was actually a blue commander sport. I remember quote vividly! Since I loved that show.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yah, I noticed later in the show it was dark blue.

Trax95008
01-19-2014, 10:28 AM
on Breaking Bad, the entire dept. drove Commander's! there were a few scenes with multiple commanders in it. and i believe they were all white

The_War_Wagon
01-19-2014, 03:10 PM
On another note, it always seems that the XK is used in movies as FBI vehicles, not to mention breaking bad.

SPEAKING of which, I just discovered that the Boro neighboring us, has a silver Commander for a municipal vehicle. I think the boro building inspector uses it! :p