PDA

View Full Version : Aux input options?

andyb
11-25-2013, 03:27 PM
I tried searching and haven't been able to come up with many results. Has anybody installed an Iphone/ipod/aux input jack in their Jeep? I think this one is pretty specific to year and head unit, so...I have a 2007 with factory nav. (the one that runs off the DVD), bluetooth, and also have the rear DVD/TV if that makes a difference. I had a FM transmitter for a while but for $80 and breaking after 1 year I'd rather not have to buy another transmitter.

hoaxci5
11-25-2013, 03:55 PM
If you aren't using the VES you can plug in an RCA to phono plug and use that to play a device.

Otherwise you can purchase one of these (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_541CHYX/Peripheral-Auxiliary-Input-Adapter-for-Chrysler.html)
Please double check that it is the right one for your vehicle, but I had one when I had my commander and it worked great, but I lost sat radio which I didn't use anyways..

andyb
11-25-2013, 07:55 PM
VES is the bluetooth deal right? I do use that and would prefer not to give that up. Also don't want to give up my Sirius either haha.

hoaxci5
11-25-2013, 08:43 PM
Lift the cover of the rear dvd player, there is a yellow/red/white rca connector. If you go this way you just won't be able to play a dvd for the back seat, while listening to AUX.

VES is vehicle entertainment system
Bluetooth is UConnect

andyb
11-25-2013, 10:11 PM
Oh okay. Thanks! I'll check that out. I have never once used the VES then, and don't really see needing it ever.