PDA

View Full Version : Dash warning lights

H53Ecrewchief
12-10-2013, 12:49 AM
I started having a problem a few days ago ago and I was hoping you guys might have some advice. I was driving home from work a few nights ago and all of the warning lights on the instrument panel light up, flickered twice, stayed lit for a second or two then went off. Nothing stopped working and the jeep continued to drive fine without any kind of change. No problem for the next couple of days. Then yesterday at about the same point in my drive they all came on again but went right out. On my drive home tonight they all came on again but this time they continued to go on and off for almost the entire rest of the drive. This time I also noticed that the speedo and tach dropped down almost to zero everytime the lights came on and went right back up. Still everything else worked and the jeep ran fine. When I exited off the freeway the lights stopped going on and off but the ESP/BAS and traction control lights stayed on, jeep continued to drive as normal though. When i got home I did the key dance and no codes. Restarted the jeep and no lights at all. Any ideas?

Matt
12-10-2013, 04:18 AM
Sounds like the common ignition switch issue. Cheap part and relatively easy to replace so id start with that.

How old is your battery?

H53Ecrewchief
12-10-2013, 09:53 AM
The battery's an optima red top I put in 3 maybe 4 years ago. I was going to get the battery and alternator tested this afternoon if I get a chance. I found some videos on youtube of almost the same problem and most people said it was ignition switch. Do you think the aftermarket ones from a parts shop are ok or should I order an OEM replacement?

Gulf550
12-10-2013, 10:09 AM
I agree on the ignition switch. I just replaced mine a few months ago because of the same problem. I went with OEM.

BonesWK
12-11-2013, 08:17 AM
x3 on Ignition switch. Had the same issue, switched it out and all good!