PDA

View Full Version : You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille (blower motor)

RyanD
12-10-2013, 06:44 PM
I'm pretty positive my blower motor is shot. Drove to work this morning, blew air just fine, come out, nothing. Something is happening because when I move through the settings on the fan dial, I can hear a faint click. Just no air. I haven't checked the fuse, as it's dark and a little cold at the moment. Just looking for a little confirmation. Could it be anything else outside of a blown fuse or blown motor?

Ryan

07JeepXK
12-11-2013, 04:43 AM
At least it's an easy fix if it's definitely the blower motor. Takes 5 min.

Matt
12-11-2013, 05:45 AM
Fuse, relay, controller or motor...... but most likely the motor.

Id take a test light or voltmeter to see if the motors getting power to quickly rule out anything else.

RyanD
12-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Thanks guys. I got so busy with work today I forgot to come in and mention that it worked fine this morning. Wonder if it may be a contact issue...I'll take a voltmeter and start probing when I have time. Luckily we don't have another cold snap coming to south Texas for a week or so, so I've got some time to learn how to use the meter and correctly interpret the results. My XK has had electrical bugs from the day I got it.

RyanD
12-12-2013, 07:39 AM
Well, I spoke too soon. More evidence to poor contact...yesterday after work it wouldn't work, then suddenly came on. Was fine the rest of the evening. This morning, nothing..tried turning it off/on rapidly and it barely started working. Gonna swap the motor this weekend.