PDA

View Full Version : different approach to performance

paroxysym
12-11-2013, 08:59 AM
so i was thinking of getting rid of the superchips in favor of.... a transgo shift kit, sprint booster and procal?

does that make any sense? i think i pretty much cover my bases. i dont use the tranny tuning of the superchips and the only thing id be losing is the DTC reader. im just looking to switch some things around on my jeep.

i do think ill be going with a transgo shift come the spring to firm up the 545RFE

thance
12-11-2013, 01:24 PM
You do realize that the transgo requires transmission removal for full install? Also the HD version comes with a resistor to spoof the line pressure (firmer shifts)... I had a similar resistor for mine that never had a consistent noticable impact.

I had a similar option (resistor to increase line pressure) in my Bronco - E4OD that made huge changes... stage II felt like thunder.

thance
12-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Omlet has this thread on the sprint booster:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/sprint-booster-user-input-needed-1180912/

I have the Diablo inTune which allows you to boost throttle response. Going above 18% is too jumpy if I recall.... you can't start smoothly for daily driving. It definitely gives a more spirited drive. I got the inTune for $350 if I recall. If the sprint booster is going for $300 still, the inTune may make more sense.

The_War_Wagon
12-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Or if you live in a city full of hills and stop signs... like I do... just use the "Tow/Haul" option around town. It's basically underdrive - keeps my RPMs up, so the truck isn't lugging.

paroxysym
12-11-2013, 02:37 PM
i know with the superchips and the 4.7... i have this spot where it hits OD and just lugs it till the RPMs hit an acceptable point and i gain my throttle response back. maybe thats not the tuner- idk.

the more i think about it the more i think its a dumb move, but i do want a booster but im waiting for them to drop in proce drastically.