PDA

View Full Version : No more Ads

LWM
08-19-2010, 02:27 PM
I turned off the Google Adsense today as I got tired of looking at the ads. There will be a paid membership option once I learn how to share it but there will no longer be ads on xk-forum.com.

Sal-XK
08-19-2010, 05:01 PM
thats pretty cool

WanderingTs
08-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Excellent.....ready to step up and carry my share whenever you get it figured out. Put me down for a life membership. Ads are a pain, and while I am not sure about Google's ads, many of them track or have adware/spyware and I hate that invasion of my privacy.

GPintheMitten
08-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Good move, Knappster. I'll pay for a membership when you're ready.

P.S. I wouldn't mind ads from the site sponsors if you could work that out, if that helps them out. Of course, I think we who have joined all know they are there and can visit / post when we want or review their posts. Whatever works for the good of the corps.

LWM
08-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the positive feedback, this site was not set p to make money and so there is no reason to let non-member business make money from running their ads on our forum.

Supporting members have all be given free access as well until at least 12/31/2011 and depending on our sucesses that yould continue indefienantly (onnly time will tell).

A link will be added to allow interested persons to subscribe soemtime in the near future when I work out all the backroom details :)

07JeepXK
08-30-2010, 06:06 AM
Awsome! I hate ads.