PDA

View Full Version : Muskegon, MI

LWM
12-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Anyone in the area of Muskegon, Michigan? I have to fly to Grand Rapids on the 14th of January to pick up a prisoner and made a reservation in Muskegon (halfway beteen the airport & the jail) for the evening. Anyone local want to grab dinner or something?

hoaxci5
12-27-2013, 09:40 AM
You might want to double check your locations/reservations.

Muskego, WI
Muskegon, MI
Grand Rapids, MI - I went to college here :p

and apparently there is a Grand Rapids, WI also, but I'm confused on where you are going :confused:

LWM
12-27-2013, 03:09 PM
You might want to double check your locations/reservations.

Muskego, WI
Muskegon, MI
Grand Rapids, MI - I went to college here :p

and apparently there is a Grand Rapids, WI also, but I'm confused on where you are going :confused:

Good catch, I am going to Michigan!

hoaxci5
12-28-2013, 09:33 AM
It's been 10+ years since I've lived on the west side of Michigan, but I know Founders and HopCat are two well known pubfare resturants/microbrewery bar type places both right in Grand Rapids. Both are well established Michigan based companies, I think HopCat has two locations.

Grand Rapids and Traverse City are really the only two places I'd ever consider living in if I had to go back to Michigan. I hope you are prepared for snow, you are in lake effect area there, you could see as 12-18 inches over night if conditions are right.

LWM
12-28-2013, 11:00 AM
I hope you are prepared for snow, you are in lake effect area there, you could see as 12-18 inches over night if conditions are right.

I forgot about that when I agreed to go, I should have taken the Oregon trip!

GPintheMitten
12-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Sounds good Jon. I use to have my sailboat in Muskegon. I live in Flushing neat Flint Michigan. Let me know your plans and I'll take a drive over to the lake.

No worries about the snow. I have a lifted Commander with great tires. :)

FLYCAV
12-30-2013, 06:48 PM
To bad your trip isn't during the summer months. Silver Lake Sand Dunes are a little North of Muskegon and a blast if you've never been before.

LWM
12-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Sounds good Jon. I use to have my sailboat in Muskegon. I live in Flushing neat Flint Michigan. Let me know your plans and I'll take a drive over to the lake.

No worries about the snow. I have a lifted Commander with great tires. :)

Perfect, I will let you know when the office makes travel arrangements.

GPintheMitten
12-31-2013, 06:01 AM
Ok.

LWM
01-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Looks like I will get into Muskegon, MI around 4:15 pm for anyone interested in getting together.