PDA

View Full Version : odd "looseness" coming from rear (OME HD lift)

RyanD
01-29-2014, 07:39 PM
Guys,

Trying to hunt down an odd "loose" feeling in the rear of my XK. I've had the OME lift on for about 4 months now, and it's really breathed some new life into the old Jeep. Lately, I've noticed what I feel like is some play from the rear.

It happens on very slight bumps. In the morning when I back out of the driveway, I have about a 1/2" crack I drive over, and it feels like something almost bounces back there. I've checked the torque on the sways and shocks multiple times, and they're tight. I had a Z28 in the past that had this same problem, and it was due to the top spring bushing being cocked. Given that I installed the OME lift myself and the visual inspection (my own) passed, I can't help but rule that out. Am I missing something here?

Thanks,
Ryan

Matt
01-29-2014, 08:26 PM
You have the OME shocks?

RyanD
01-29-2014, 08:36 PM
Yep, bought the entire kit from JBA...front/rear OME struts/shocks, front/rear OME HD springs

Matt
01-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Just gotta ask.... did you check to make sure your spare tire is nice and tight??

RyanD
01-29-2014, 09:14 PM
Gotcha covered there. Spare was the first thing I checked. Although my buddies are trying to guilt me into sticking in on the roof rack :)

The_War_Wagon
01-30-2014, 06:36 AM
Gotcha covered there. Spare was the first thing I checked. Although my buddies are trying to guilt me into sticking in on the roof rack :)

If I had a roof rack, that's where MINE would go!!!!

Mongo
01-30-2014, 09:14 AM
Maybe a bad exhaust bushing and the pipe is clanging into something?

RyanD
01-30-2014, 06:51 PM
If I had a roof rack, that's where MINE would go!!!!

Yeah. I know!! I'll probably strap it up there this weekend just to see how it looks :)

RyanD
01-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Maybe a bad exhaust bushing and the pipe is clanging into something?

Mongo, hadn't even occurred to me. I'll check it this weekend...thanks!!