PDA

View Full Version : New Buckeye onboard

GaugedFreak
02-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Hey everyone,

My wife and I just picked up a 2007 Jeep Commander Sport with the Rocky Mountain package a few weeks ago. It came with a 2 inch RC lift and 17 inch KMC Addict wheels sitting on 265/70-17s. We absolutely love it! This thing has been great in the snow and rides very nicely. My wishlist for goodies to install is growing quickly too. :o I'll be lurking around learning about all of the fun stuff I can do with it.

stites-xk
02-05-2014, 09:26 AM
Welcome! Nice XK.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Core XK
02-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Welcome. Nice XK! I love the silver :p

H53Ecrewchief
02-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Nice! I have the same wheels sitting in my garage waiting for rubber. Glad to know they are going to look good.

Matt
02-06-2014, 04:20 AM
Welcome aboard man. We got a good group of guys here :)

The_War_Wagon
02-06-2014, 05:50 AM
Welcome aboard! Whereabouts in southern OH? I used to live in Ashland, KY - I've motored around from Portsmouth to Chillicothe, to Zanesville to Gallipolis, and back again!

I like my chrome wheels, but I'm looking forward to a leveling kit, and bigger, more aggressive tires. Yours looks sharp! :cool:

GaugedFreak
02-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Hey, it's not silver! It's light graystone pearl. lol j/k Thanks for the Welcome everyone.

H53Ecrewchief > The wheels are really nice, I'm not sure what offset these are since I haven't taken the time to look yet but they fit perfectly with no rubbing.

The_War_Wagon > I'm around the Wilmington Area. Probably about an hour from Chillicothe.

Once it warms up a little I'm going to plastidip the grill black to match the wheels a little better. I'm dying to get the 4xguard brush guard, I just cant bring myself to spend the money yet.:eek:

stites-xk
02-06-2014, 11:07 AM
The steel Amarillo is coming out with a keystone soon that like matrix!

GaugedFreak
02-06-2014, 11:15 AM
The steel Amarillo is coming out with a keystone soon that like matrix!

Hmm, I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I'm sure it will be a little while before I order something anyway. I wonder if it will have the versatility in configurations like the Martix does.

Core XK
02-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Matrix is nice but before I spend $600 on that id much rather save $1k for a steal front bumper. Steal front bumper will probably be the first mod I do once the XK is paid off.

Ross
02-06-2014, 03:45 PM
The keystone is cheaper than the matrix, with all the same possible add-ons such as receiver, hoop, etc. Although the addons do not yet have a set price, the keystone is listed at $300 and would look to be equivalent to the matrix basic setup that goes for $330.

Core XK
02-06-2014, 06:03 PM
Yeah a basic is fine for $330 but no better then my cosmetic brush guard. To really get a functional one your looking at much more it seems?

Ross
02-06-2014, 07:40 PM
Not sure as to the strength of yours, but most cosmetic guards I've seen tend to break upon the first few impacts, especially the "Bull-bar" style I see on alot of street queens around Houston. Whereas the Keystone and Matrix are probably rated to take much more force. I admit that I accidentally rear ended an old Toyota truck a few years back and had to replace his entire OEM metal bumper. Lucky for me, not even the paint on the matrix was scratched!

Core XK
02-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Well every accident is different so it could really depend on where you hit. Oh no I l know my cosmetic guard will crumble but I didnt buy it for anything but looks until I can afford a steel bumper. I just think the matrix is high priced for what you get.

The_War_Wagon
02-08-2014, 06:09 AM
Matrix is nice but before I spend $600 on that id much rather save $1k for a steal front bumper. Steal front bumper will probably be the first mod I do once the XK is paid off.

I'm with ya' there. That's why I'm playing wioth the Ramcharger now - until the Jeep is paid off! ;)

FLYCAV
02-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Nice looking ride. It's amazing how the 265/70's look bigger on the lighter colored XK's. I'm running the same size with the RC lift and they look smaller on my black XK.