PDA

View Full Version : JKS Quick-disconnect's

Cobrakillerta
04-02-2014, 06:28 PM
I just installed a set of JKS Quick-Disconnect's that I picked up from Rusty's and can NOT get these damn things not to clunk. They're greased well, I've mounted them perfectly even as well as tried pre-loading one side. Still, no change. I disconnected both sides to make sure it was in fact the disconnect's and everything was just as quiet as before. Potholes and uneven hits cause a thud that I'd love to get rid of.

07JeepXK
04-03-2014, 02:29 AM
I just installed a set of JKS Quick-Disconnect's that I picked up from Rusty's and can NOT get these damn things not to clunk. They're greased well, I've mounted them perfectly even as well as tried pre-loading one side. Still, no change. I disconnected both sides to make sure it was in fact the disconnect's and everything was just as quiet as before. Potholes and uneven hits cause a thud that I'd love to get rid of.

Are these on the front or rear? Did you have to drill out the upper sleeve so the bolt will fit? I had rear JKS quick disconnects made for a lifted TJ wrangler and the sleeve needed to be drilled. If so maybe you drilled it out to big. What's the part number on these

Cobrakillerta
04-03-2014, 03:59 AM
Are these on the front or rear? Did you have to drill out the upper sleeve so the bolt will fit? I had rear JKS quick disconnects made for a lifted TJ wrangler and the sleeve needed to be drilled. If so maybe you drilled it out to big. What's the part number on these

Sorry, I should have clarified. These are the JKS 2034 and they are installed in the front of my WK, no drilling or modding required.

07JeepXK
04-03-2014, 05:17 PM
Oh ok I had JKS 2001 and they were installed in the rear. I had no clunking with them and ran them for about 5 years. I just took them off on Tuesday because I removed my rear sway bar

thance
04-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Oh ok I had JKS 2001 and they were installed in the rear. I had no clunking with them and ran them for about 5 years. I just took them off on Tuesday because I removed my rear sway bar

What are your plans for the 2001's? I may be able to provide a good home for them if you are planning on letting them go.

07JeepXK
04-08-2014, 05:37 PM
What are your plans for the 2001's? I may be able to provide a good home for them if you are planning on letting them go.

Well I don't plan on ever reinstalling them as I took off the rear sway bar and don't plan on every putting it back on. They are approx 5 years old and I'm sure they have seen better days. Not sure if the bushings are good anymore and they are sort of rusted from the salt used on the roads here during winter. They can definitely be cleaned up and painted. I wonder if they sell replacement bushings for cheap

thance
04-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Looks like the Spherical Bushings are 3.50 a piece.

http://jksmfg.com/i-10079381-spherical-bushing.html

If you are willing to part with them I would be more than willing to clean them up and give them a new home.