PDA

View Full Version : Transfer case recall fix?

07JeepXK
04-29-2014, 12:31 PM
A female friend got the recall performed on her 4.7 liter XK and lost 4 low. She didn't know about the losing 4 low issue. Do they have a fix for this yet? Any help is greatly appreciated

Matt
04-29-2014, 01:15 PM
No permanent fix yet. Have her call and complain directly to corporate.

Can try clearing the codes with a flashpaq but that seems to only work for a few weeks.

06JeepXKHEMI
04-29-2014, 02:07 PM
"Female friend" hahahah Adam you old sailor you! hahaha

07JeepXK
04-29-2014, 03:13 PM
Haha well it's more of a female acquaintance. She is in the local off road club and drives a lifted commander. She didn't know about the recall issue and went to use her 4 low and well you know how that turned out. Had to add the female part because it's awesome seeing a beautiful girl driving a lifted XK

Core XK
04-29-2014, 05:29 PM
Haha well it's more of a female acquaintance. She is in the local off road club and drives a lifted commander. She didn't know about the recall issue and went to use her 4 low and well you know how that turned out. Had to add the female part because it's awesome seeing a beautiful girl driving a lifted XK

X2

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

06JeepXKHEMI
04-30-2014, 06:11 AM
Hahaha you making the moves or what buddy?!?! hahaha Sucks about recall issue, why I dont trust no one!!!!!!!!

lekmedm
04-30-2014, 10:32 AM
I thought this was covered in JeepForum. I read that the computer is VERY picky about how it's flashed for this recall. There is something in the instructions about after flashing, the tech should clear codes 3 times. I read that most techs don't read the instructions, flash, and move on. Those who went back and had it reflashed had their problem solved.

I can't find it now, but there was also some funny post on FB about how someone solved their problem by driving a few feet, pulling a fuse, then driving back, replacing fuse, then engaging 4lo, or something like that. It figures I can't find it now. I would print out the N23 recall (http://www.wkjeeps.com/recalls/recall_n2313.pdf) instructions and go back to the dealer.

Matt
04-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Mark, neither of those have proven to be a permanent fix. People that claimed they worked have resurfaced and said the issues came back weeks (and sometimes months) later.

FLYCAV
04-30-2014, 06:53 PM
Had to add the female part because it's awesome seeing a beautiful girl driving a lifted XK

If there's no pictures it didn't happen;:cool:

07JeepXK
05-01-2014, 03:00 AM
If there's no pictures it didn't happen;:cool:

Haha I'll see what I can do

pjmjr508
05-03-2014, 08:35 PM
When I had the recall done it lasted a few weeks. I went back in & had them redo it, came back again. I also had them reset it 3x's in a row and that cleared for about a month or so. Now I just use the flashpaq because to me it seems to work just about as well. I did see something on FB that a dealership had attached a data recorder to a customer's XK to review & solve the issue. Looking forward to it being resolved.

Would love to see the pic of the lifted XK as well. Why isn't she a member of this group yet, if she was she would have known about the recall :)

johnr
10-15-2014, 07:02 PM
l i have just found this problem and this thread. we went to silver lake MI over the weekend . i tried and failed to put the T-case in low and of coarse nothing. luckily this did not ruin the trip as the truck preformed quite well on the sand dunes.
so what im reading hear is i have to take this back to the dealer and have the codes cleared?

lekmedm
10-15-2014, 07:16 PM
There was a new flash released in July. The dealer will reflash your computer.

Sent from wherever my Jeep takes me.

pjmjr508
10-15-2014, 09:53 PM
also if you have the flashpac from superchips it will clear the issue temperley if you need the 4lo right then.

The_War_Wagon
10-16-2014, 04:57 AM
They can... 'fix' :rolleyes:... my transfer case, when they FIX my leaky transmission cooler lines under WARRANTY. :mad::mad::mad:

johnr
11-01-2014, 08:52 AM
re flashed and fixed, for now