PDA

View Full Version : Colorado trail runs between Sept 17th and the 24th

OnATrail
08-23-2010, 08:50 AM
I will be in Colorado between the evening of 9/16 and the afternoon of 9/24 and am gathering some others with XK's to do some trail runs. I have two other (possibly 3) XK owners who are interested in getting together. My rough schedule will be Keystone / Breckenridge area on 9/18 and 9/19. Then off to Steamboat Springs, Winter Park, Nederland and possibly Estes Park, not necessarily in that order. So, if you have any interest in getting together in those areas, let me know and I can meet up.

As far as the Breckenridge areas, another member has floated out the idea of Saints John and Deer Creek trails. Both moderate trails but with some amazing views. I then floated back the idea of Red Cone trail, but I am still considering if I have enough balls to do this trail. It's not terribly difficult from what I have been reading, but it's a bit hairy as far as ledges and drop offs........

Please chime in if you are interested in some wheeling during my stay and maybe we can add to the group.

Take care.

Rocky Mountain Canary
09-02-2010, 04:00 PM
I may be available what day?

OnATrail
09-10-2010, 07:28 PM
RMC: I will be in the Breckenridge area from Friday night the 17th through Sunday the 19th. A couple of forum members are trying to get together and there was some discussion about running Saints John trail and maybe Red Cone. We are all still trying to put it together - takes a long time when you are communicating through a forum. Then I am pretty open for the next few days and would be up for most anything. I would even consider running over to Moab if I could find someone to go with me. I am driving out from Wisconsin and will be getting into Denver on Thursday night, 9/16. Let me know if you are interested in Breckenridge and/or something somewhere else during the week. I am pretty flexible. Be in touch.

Rocky Mountain Canary
09-15-2010, 09:33 AM
OnAtrail I think i have this Sunday off could do a moderate trail what are your plans?