ignition switches could fall out of the “run” position, shutting off the
engine and disabling air bags as well as power-assisted steering and
braking. That’s the same problem that has forced GM to recall
more than 15 million cars over the last six months. Chrysler’s recall
covers 2005-2007 Grand Cherokees and 2006-2007 Commanders. The
company said it is not sure exactly how many will be recalled, but
said it will notify customers by mid-September. Chrysler said an
outside force such as a driver’s knee can knock switches out of the
“run” position. Engineers are working on a fix.

The_War_Wagon
07-23-2014, 09:33 PM
DETROIT — The ignition switch defects that engulfed General Motors are
now a rapidly growing problem at Chrysler... Chrysler said an
outside force such as a driver’s knee can knock switches out of the
“run” position. Engineers are working on a fix.

I can BELIEVE that, seeing as how they've crammed so much avionics into these modern vehicles. ALSO why I run the driver's seat as far BACK as possible...

LWM
07-23-2014, 10:00 PM
This was a really hot topic in 2007 when many of us purchased ours and had this problem. As always Jeep said it was not an issue.

07JeepXK
07-24-2014, 05:20 AM
Just remember when the time comes to get the recall fixed, if you haven't had the N23 recall performed tell them you don't want it done!

The_War_Wagon
07-24-2014, 06:32 AM
This was a really hot topic in 2007 when many of us purchased ours and had this problem. As always Jeep said it was not an issue.

Just remember when the time comes to get the recall fixed, if you haven't had the N23 recall performed tell them you don't want it done!

I'm not letting the dealer within a MILE of my transfer case, now that the warranty has expired. And I'm STILL waiting for the recall on the LEAKY transmission cooler hoses... :mad:

07JeepXK
07-25-2014, 06:18 PM
Well they wouldn't be doing anything to the transfer case itself. They reflash the computer with is really only a temporary fix

XKLover
09-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Has anyone received a recall notice yet?

07JeepXK
09-03-2014, 09:19 AM
I'm pretty sure I did but threw it away.

Matt
09-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Hmmm... I might have but have gotten so used to throwing away jeep recall notices im not sure if it was for this or n23. Either way jeep can shove it. Mine will never see the dealer, nor will my wallet, after the n23 BS

mrnavy2
11-20-2014, 02:19 PM
Today, I just received a jeep recall number P57. I dont think I will bring it in.

brendon
11-20-2014, 07:38 PM
My Jeep has needed a new ignition switch since about a year after I got the truck. It was still under warranty initially but I couldn't get the dealer to do anything about it because it wouldn't fail in their custody. I'm just waiting for my notice to come in the mail!

It only happens a couple times a year - I'll be cruising along when suddenly it feels like I hit a wall. Nope, that's just the engine shutting down. Usually it starts right back up by itself; but a few times I have had to throw it into neutral (at speed!) and cycle the key. After the first couple times, I have made sure to keep my knees clear, so I know that's not the problem.

mrnavy2
11-21-2014, 04:51 AM
Yes Brandon, it happen the same to me. I also thought it was my knee. Just waiting to see who else.gets there Notice.

DetroitMarauder
11-23-2014, 08:06 PM
I got one the other day but it had to do with needing to replace the FOBIK (again). Something about it not springing back to position after starting the vehicle and it can shut off while driving. Of course they don't have the parts in and don't know when they'll be in.

The_War_Wagon
08-30-2016, 10:17 AM
I'm pretty sure I did but threw it away.

I'm thinking I better dig mine OUT. At 95k miles now, I put it in park, apply emergency brake, turn the ignition off, pull the key out, BUT... if I keep my foot on the brake, the engine KEEPS running, until I take my foot OFF the brake!!! :eek::eek::eek: